...Is badly designed. No keypad protecter, silicone does not seat well, can't hear the speaker, etc. Hopefully they will redesign.
    After using it all day yesterday for the first time I've come to the conclusion that it SUCKS! I've had a defender on all of my blackberrys. I work construction and drop my phone at least twice a day and the defender has saved it. But let me tell you this one is the worst of all. You cannot her the speaker at all (ringer or voice). And every time you take it out of the holster you have to reapply the outter silicone cover. It really needs to be redone.

By the way...I love my new 9930!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry
    Last edited by DDP1602; 08-23-11 at 06:57 AM.
    npunk42 likes this.
    08-22-11 09:36 AM
    UP^

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-23-11 06:58 AM
    The Blackberry branded soft case doesnt suffer from any of those problems, but it still sucks big time. Too thin to offer anyprotection, too slick finish to consider an improved grip. There must be something better. I almost ordered the Otterbox. Thanks for your review.
    08-23-11 07:29 AM
    The no sound problem was my fault. I was using the keyboad protector
    From my 9650 defender and after further investigation I found out it was covering the speaker. Cut a hole and fixed that problem.

08-23-11 09:04 AM
    So, OtterBox still suck or not?

08-23-11 09:10 AM
    So far it has to be the best option out there
    08-23-11 09:13 AM
    I'm rocking the holster shipped with the 9930. Works fine for my needs. I don't want an extra case anyways because I use the charging pod. Would be a pain to take the case on / off daily.
    08-23-11 09:20 AM
    The OB Defender is MUCH TOO BULKY. The Commuter is a much sleeker case that offers great dual layer protection without giving your phone the appearance of a brick.
    08-23-11 09:57 AM
    I think the defender wasn't supposed to cover the ports..
    08-23-11 09:58 AM
    Its back in stock!
    08-23-11 12:54 PM
    So, OtterBox still suck or not?

Yes. No key protector, no dust covers over the holes, and the dilicone outer keeps coming off.

08-24-11 10:35 AM
    Does the Commuter hold up pretty well? I've seen them for $24 on ebay.
    09-07-11 11:41 PM
    I always go with the Impact case and I have always liked the full rubber w/no plastic feel. It never slides and still is slim in my pocket.
    09-07-11 11:47 PM
    I always go with the Impact case and I have always liked the full rubber w/no plastic feel. It never slides and still is slim in my pocket.
    If you set it face down on the table does the screen sit directly against the surface or does it it "hover"? Perhaps you can help me decide, Commuter or Impact.
    09-07-11 11:52 PM
    Commuter would be a better case for light-medium duty uses, it also has a nice look to it and better feel than impact or defender cases. and I don't think there is an impact case for 9900.

And good thing about otterbox is that it has raised edges so when you put your phone face down, the screen will not touch the surface.
    09-08-11 04:13 AM
    Just got my defender today and it sucks! the silicone almost seems too big for the hard case. When you put it together, you can't get some of it to sit. Also, the snaps on the hard inner shell seem flimsy. They come apart very easily. I've had three different defenders for different phones and I've always had to put some effort into the snap, not this one. I think I'm going to continue my search for a good case. The silicone constantly coming undone will start getting on my nerves. Sigh.
    09-09-11 03:43 PM
    I tried one on my bold the other day its way too bulky and the fell of the device in your hand changes dramatically. I like the bold naked it feels too good to cover plus I have insurance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-09-11 03:49 PM
    Oh good, I'm not the only one. LOL. I thought I was going nuts when I couldn't get the silicone case to stay on taking it in and out of the holster. I don't post much, but I thought this might be a good time to add a "+1" to this disappointment.
    09-09-11 08:04 PM
    Idk why the OP made that comment because I LOVE my Bold 9900 with the OtterBox Defender case. Yes, the silicon on the bottom seems to come off when you take it out from the belt clip. But this is a minor issue.

I have no problem with the speaker phone or the sound quality of calls. One thing I would like is that if it has a small movable clip like they have it on iPhone defender cases other than two plastic pins on the belt clip. This is why the silicon seems to come off at the bottom.

Still, this is one of the best cases for my Bold 9900 for sure.
    09-09-11 08:22 PM
    Wow, mine is coming tomorrow....I'm not used to negative reviews on the Defender case. Why did they switch back to the useless two pin belt clip deal? Those pins snap all the time. Rush rush rush...nobody wants to build bb accessories anymore until after device launch. Guess the days of accessories and apps ruling the cellular world is quickly coming.

09-09-11 08:30 PM
    Keep it... The defender is very strong... I have the commuter series and there is no holster and not all that much protection plus the screen protector did not cover the entire front of the screen.
    09-09-11 08:48 PM
    The holster on my 9700 Defender kept breaking due to bad design.... kinda soured me on the Otterbox.... I liked the Siedo, but they have yet to release cases.
    09-09-11 09:02 PM
    I agree with those that have posted the real-world results as I have experienced them as well - the silicone pulls out of the frame WAY too damn easy, and the 'side clips' design of the holster makes it very difficult to re-seat the phone back in when you are done using it (should have been a vertical friction fit like the 9630/9650).

I really hope they re-design this as well. It's the first Otterbox out of almost half a dozen that I can actually say I hate...
    09-09-11 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD