I have a Sprint 9930 Bold that I don't have a service plan on anymore. I like using it for the bluetooth music and the camera when I'm out driving around on my Prowler in the desert. What other uses is there without a service plan?
    01-25-13 09:05 AM
    We use a 9800 without service on WiFi to stream Pandora. Also as an MP3 player from an SD card filled with music.
    01-25-13 09:14 AM
    why not get a service plane then you can get apps and stuff and games
    01-25-13 09:27 AM
    I think it would make a nice-looking paperweight!!
    Now seriously, you use it for the camera? If one thing is bad on that phone, that thing is the camera.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    01-25-13 10:45 AM
    Wow I'm surprised you say that, I've owned quite a few camera phones through the years and I think this takes pretty good pictures compared to the rest.Other Uses for a 9930 Bold with no Service-barn50.jpg
    OLY-JIM likes this.
    01-25-13 01:34 PM
    1. play music.
    2. use as a dictaphone.
    3. camera
    4. 720 video camera recorder
    5. flash light in night
    6. you can still surf internet when connected to wifi.
    7. use as a 6GB Pendrive + added memory in SD card.
    8. you can play some game which doesn't require bis/bes
    9. It look very good on desktop, give onlookers a working pro like feeling
    10. Use like night table watch with alarm.
    01-25-13 01:50 PM
    I have a Sprint 9930 Bold that I don't have a service plan on anymore. I like using it for the bluetooth music and the camera when I'm out driving around on my Prowler in the desert. What other uses is there without a service plan?
    Use your 9930 as a laptop replacement. I had an awesome experience on a flight from ICN to LAX where I used docs to go and did 8 hours of work producing sets of documents. When I arrived I just did the formatting on a laptop and I was done.
    01-25-13 10:10 PM
    01-25-13 10:22 PM
    I use my 9930 for Twitter when I'm at home on Wifi. I wish App World had a gmail app, that would be awesome!
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    01-26-13 06:38 PM
    Bridged to my playbook it makes a great mouse & single handed keyboard.
    01-27-13 03:56 AM
    I thought the Blackberry GPS only worked when you had a wifi connection or connected to a network. I haven't been able to get coordinates away from my wifi.
    01-27-13 09:48 AM
    I thought the Blackberry GPS only worked when you had a wifi connection or connected to a network. I haven't been able to get coordinates away from my wifi.
    01-27-13 11:05 AM
    Ok BBW I usually can figure out stuff but you got me stumped. What do I do with the zip file?
    01-27-13 04:08 PM
    I hear lots of people saying "this or that camera is no good". I always read it as "I can't take good photos with that camera". Anybody can take a good photo with a great camera, but it takes talent to take a great photo with a "not good" camera. Nice photo BTW!

Wow I'm surprised you say that, I've owned quite a few camera phones through the years and I think this takes pretty good pictures compared to the rest.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barn50.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	53.1 KB 
ID:	132483
    01-27-13 04:17 PM
    Ok BBW I usually can figure out stuff but you got me stumped. What do I do with the zip file?
    Unzip, place the folder on your SD or internal storage, safely disconnect the phone from the PC, open the Media folder->menu->Explore->navigate to the jad file instde the folder->click

I hear lots of people saying "this or that camera is no good". I always read it as "I can't take good photos with that camera". Anybody can take a good photo with a great camera, but it takes talent to take a great photo with a "not good" camera. Nice photo BTW!
    The camera is good for most shots, when using the right mode. Close-up is it's weakness.

dartcase likes this.
    01-27-13 04:38 PM
    Is there any other usefull jad files eg, flashlight, maps, utilities or aren't they all that easy?
    01-27-13 08:38 PM
    Is there any other usefull jad files eg, flashlight, maps, utilities or aren't they all that easy?
    Every OTA download has a jad. Some programs such as BBHybrids Tool - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com have the ability to grab the package. This should only be used for free apps, mind you.
    01-27-13 08:48 PM
    Okay, I didn't mean that it is a bad camera compared to other phone cameras, but just as a camera in general. If I'm gonna drive to the desert and take pictures, that wouldn't be my choice of camera.
    Also, for being taken with a phone camera, the pictures are okay, but they still look grainy and lack detail. If you really think those are good pictures, then you have never taken a good picture in your life. No offense meant, just my opinion.
    01-28-13 12:48 PM
    Okay, I didn't mean that it is a bad camera compared to other phone cameras, but just as a camera in general. If I'm gonna drive to the desert and take pictures, that wouldn't be my choice of camera.
    Also, for being taken with a phone camera, the pictures are okay, but they still look grainy and lack detail. If you really think those are good pictures, then you have never taken a good picture in your life. No offense meant, just my opinion.
    I've operated everything from a Brownie to an 8x10 bellows. I don't expect professional quality from my 9930. I also don't expect the image quality to be correctly displayed, when seeing said image on a forum, linked from a Photobucket upload.

I chose those two shots because they were already in my bucket, and represented how well the camera array works, with bright lighting in the background. Something most phone cameras have great difficulty accomplishing (see complaints of the iphone5 and pink splotches).

I'm not offended. You have a right to your opinion, which in my opinion is distorted more than my images.
    01-28-13 01:14 PM
    I wasn't saying I was going to load up the family and take the out to the desert for a photo shoot. I was just saying when I'm out on my Prowler and I want to take a quick picture of something the 9930 works pretty good. I can remember it wasn't that long ago if you went out hiking, hunting, trail riding or whatever you could have in your pack a phone that didn't work very good, a camera that wasn't even 1 mp or you had to get the pictures developed before you seen them, a walkman cassette player that you had to have head phones to listen to it, a pocket Nintendo, a gps, a flashlight, a logbook with a pen, a watch and I'm sure the list could go on. Now most people get a new phone and throw their old phone in the junk drawer, which is pretty much what I did. So the other day when I was looking for something else I seen my 9930 in there and thought that would work great with the bluetooth radio that I just put in my Prowler. Thats when I thought I wonder what other useful uses there are for a phone with no service. Oh and by the way BBW I like your choice of pictures, kinda makes me thirsty.
    01-28-13 05:06 PM
    Countdown timer to blackberry 10!
    01-29-13 12:14 AM
    i sometimes use mine as an emergency usb stick for saving my work on and an extra backup of all my documents
    01-29-13 04:06 PM
    Put it on a stand while blasting classical music and drink fine spirits while you stare at if from across the room
    02-01-13 02:45 AM
    Use it as a backup or secondary fone , even if i get a new phone, because i neeed to due to lack of certain apps on the BB , I will keep my 9900 as a secondary fone
    02-01-13 03:42 AM
    I use my deactivated Torch 9800 as my daily alarm clock.
    02-03-13 12:47 AM
28 12