01-16-12 07:27 PM
55 123
tools
    To go back to what I was asking before, where is the rule that AT&T's vendor ID does not install (or blocks) NFC? Is the rule in the actual device firmware? Or is it in the released versions of the OS in Apploader or some other COD for 440 and beyond? The reason I'm asking this is that I'm wondering if this 'rule' was newly placed in 440 and didn't exist for the original OSs that were released. If it does exist in Apploader, can the older versions of the OS load onto the phone and then a hybrid made? (i.e. Old OSs that RIM released prior to AT&T's no NFC rule was made, when RIM might have thought that AT&T would allow NFC)

Anyways, I'm just asking out of curiosity. I'm eligible for an upgrade and am trying to decide to go with AT&T's 9900 or possibly get an unlocked Rogers phone. Plus I'm waiting to see what the white version looks like in person.
    Pretty much sums up all of my questions... Anyone have any answers?
    11-09-11 11:49 PM
    Haven't heard from anyone on this issue in a while... Everyone giving up hope? In light of this page (Inside Secure announces NFC chips to help distinguish knockoffs from the real thing -- Engadget), I'm getting sort of excited for NFC

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-11 02:10 AM
    Well, I bit the bullet and ordered an AT&T 9900 on Cyber Monday (Crackberry's Best Buy Mobile sale). Anyways to test my hypothesis above, I downloaded the official Rogers OS (9900AllLang_v7.0.0.261_P5.0.0.464) onto the phone and here's what I got (see attached).

Now the question is: Can a hybrid be built such that a newer OS can be used?
    11-30-11 01:42 PM
    good information here. evil att, as always.
    01-16-12 07:04 PM
    This is an older thread that was re-born. 7.1.0.190 enabled NFC on my AT&T 9900.
    01-16-12 07:27 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD