Finding and cleaning out your smartphone’s Carrier IQ poison | ZDNet

Alas the BB is not popular enough to rate even a mention, so it's OT even though the TMo 9900s (at least) have it installed.
    12-06-11 05:17 PM
    So Apple installs it on every single iPhone sold. That's awesome. Just another reason to add to the mountain of other reasons as to why that product should be avoided.

RIM on the other hand does NOT install this on any of their products. I have a 9900 from Bell Mobility that does not have Carrier IQ. Here in Canada, the blackberry is the #1 selling smart phone.
    12-06-11 07:36 PM
    You buy one Apple product, you will be forced to by all their products to work together. If Apple Inc hates Adobe Inc, then you should do that too...

Apple controls everything... including your life, when you have sex, babies, when you should eat and even when to get killed. LOL You don't believe me? In Calgary several people are dead already thanks to crossing rail roads while listening to iPhone songs or while playing Angry Birds on their iPad.
    12-06-11 08:17 PM
    So Apple installs it on every single iPhone sold. That's awesome. Just another reason to add to the mountain of other reasons as to why that product should be avoided.

RIM on the other hand does NOT install this on any of their products. I have a 9900 from Bell Mobility that does not have Carrier IQ. Here in Canada, the blackberry is the #1 selling smart phone.
    On the iPhone, at least in iOS 5, Carrier IQ is only on if you have a Send Diagnostics & Usage toggle on.

Carrier IQ, the now infamous �rootkit� or �keylogger�, is not just for Android, Symbian, BlackBerry, and even webOS. In fact, up through and including iOS 5, Apple has included a copy of Carrier IQ on the iPhone. However, it does appears to be disabled along with diagnostics enabled on iOS 5; older versions may send back information in more cases. Because of that, if you want to disable Carrier IQ on your iOS 5 device, turning off �Diagnostics and Usage� in Settings appears to be enough.

Carrier IQ is on iOS
    12-07-11 01:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD