Guys please help me, I have no idea on how to update my software. I downloaded the official os 7.0.0.503 from a1 and managed to delete the vendor file but don't have a clue on what to do next. Please help, for dummies lol. :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 12:05 PM
    Ummm, HISHAAMF, which device are you attempting to use the 7.0.0.503 on? If you're attempting to upload it to a 9930, wont work.

Bootsieboy - umm, yeah...
    11-16-11 12:22 PM
    have your BB connected via USB

in the same folder as the vendor.xml file you deleted (program files/common files/research in motion/app loader), click 'loader.exe'

and voila! you should be on your way to .503 bliss

good luck
    11-16-11 12:23 PM
    No offence, but a little searching would have turned up the answer for you.

Nonetheless, I just left a step-by-step in the thread for 503 since a couple people asked.
    Follow this link:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6856516
    11-16-11 12:33 PM
    have your BB connected via USB

in the same folder as the vendor.xml file you deleted (program files/common files/research in motion/app loader), click 'loader.exe'

and voila! you should be on your way to .503 bliss

good luck
    Thanks, I just did it now and the 3rd party window came up. When I clicked next it said my device doesn't have enough space? Should I uncheck all the 3rd party apps?? Thanks

11-16-11 01:05 PM
    Thanks, I just did it now and the 3rd party window came up. When I clicked next it said my device doesn't have enough space? Should I uncheck all the 3rd party apps?? Thanks

You can if you feel the need, keep in mind you'll be reinstalling everything manually afterwards. I'm curious though, what stage is this? There's never been a "3rd party window", only the window that lists software to be installed which includes additional (3rd party) software.
    11-16-11 01:42 PM
    You can if you feel the need, keep in mind you'll be reinstalling everything manually afterwards. I'm curious though, what stage is this? There's never been a "3rd party window", only the window that lists software to be installed which includes additional (3rd party) software.
    I've never seen this 3rd party window either; I'd wing a guess that maybe you only see it if you've selected more apps to save/restore than your device has memory for. Possibility? I'd also ask the OP ... in the wondow that Reubechs is referring to, which comes up fairly early in the load process, do you maybe have everything in the list checked? I always de-select all languages other than English, plus any other bundled apps that I know I don't need. Just a thought.

11-16-11 02:01 PM
    I've never seen this 3rd party window either; I'd wing a guess that maybe you only see it if you've selected more apps to save/restore than your device has memory for. Possibility? I'd also ask the OP ... in the wondow that Reubechs is referring to, which comes up fairly early in the load process, do you maybe have everything in the list checked? I always de-select all languages other than English, plus any other bundled apps that I know I don't need. Just a thought.

I was thinking the same; other possiblity I considered was that he's in the correct window but has all the software checked, which means he has the apps that come with the upgrade checked in addition to the same app on his device - essentially trying to install duplicate versions. Possible? Not sure, never tried.
    11-16-11 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD