I have searched but found no definite solution.

Has anyone managed to successfully update the BB OS using Parallels W7 on a MacBook Pro and, if so, how did you get past the 'uploading ROM' bit?

I have set the BB to auto connect to W7 and also tried with the use current virtual machine option but same problem.

Appreciate your advice.
    01-08-12 05:51 AM
    I tried this a year ago, I got stuck. Never tried again. It was frustrating and I was scared lol.
    01-08-12 07:36 AM
    I haven't tried it on my mac
    I have both mac and windows and when am with my mac, I ask my friends to borrow me their pc or use the pc at school
    Try your friend's pc, school's pc or if you have a work, your pc at work
    01-08-12 07:54 AM
    i've been trying to update the OS on mac, but never really got it working via parallels. Just install a Win 7 over bootcamp works like a charm. Been upgrading my BB like this with no problem.
    01-08-12 08:41 AM
    Was never able to get it to work through a virtual machine, always got stock when attempting to re-connect to the device. No problem with boot camp though.
    01-08-12 11:18 AM
    Like the above poster I use MAC at home and office running nothing but Win7 Pro via boot camp. The Mac smokes windows.
    01-08-12 11:29 AM
    Updating with a vm is pretty hard because OSX will catch the usb connection before windows on the vm does. That's why it gets stuck.

It works perfectly fine on bootcamp though
    01-08-12 11:46 AM
    Its been working fine for me using the latest version of VMWare Fusion. When I connect the phone, it asks if I want to connect to mac or windows.

Further - if you know a certain peripheral will only be used with one or the other, you can lock its behavior so it connects to the same one each time.

OP - be sure you aren't missing a prompt to enter in your password (if your bb has one). I know when I updated to the latest version of 7.1 leak, I had to enter my password two or three times.
    01-08-12 03:03 PM
    Only downside to having a Mac is not being able to update BB OS without bootcamp and a version of windows on it.
    01-08-12 04:32 PM
    I've done backup/restore, OS installs and upgrades all through VMWare Fusion. I don't know why Parallels wouldn't be capable of the same.
    01-08-12 08:44 PM
    Me too, I dunno why but I can't get it to work.
    Anyway, got Bootcamp on the office iMac and it worked like a dream on that machine so I now have 190 running.
    01-09-12 05:42 AM
    i think you have to install bootcamp first, and then use it as virtual machine on PD or VMW. i use this method. working on mac while using bootcamp through VMW, and update my 9900 on Win7 without any problem.
    01-09-12 12:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD