I'm having a ton of trouble with my OS ( 7.0.0.353 ) and I can't get it to update for some reason. I got the phone straight from blackberry and I'm wondering if maybe the OS was locked onto the phone or something??? I'm rather confused and any input would be greatly apperciated!!!

Another weird thing that I've noticed about this OS is that I don't have H+ (with rogers).
    02-12-12 09:46 AM
    One of the wonders of a BB phone is the ease of installing a new OS. Go to the top of your device forum for links to the latest OS. Install the OS on your PC after deleting any older ones. Then install to your phone. My favorite way is here http://forums.crackberry.com/forum-f...er-exe-574814/. Good luck.
    02-12-12 10:17 AM
    ok one more question about this when i get to choose what is going to ne loaded, do i hit add and then add everything from the folder in the os or how dose that work? I have never done this before
    02-15-12 04:24 PM
    I'm having a ton of trouble with my OS ( 7.0.0.353 ) and I can't get it to update for some reason. I got the phone straight from blackberry and I'm wondering if maybe the OS was locked onto the phone or something??? I'm rather confused and any input would be greatly apperciated!!!).
    The OS is not locked onto your phone. As it's an unbranded phone, you will not be able to update the OS automatically using Desktop Manager. You will have to download and install your chosen OS to your PC and update manually.

Another weird thing that I've noticed about this OS is that I don't have H+ (with rogers).
    Your phone is unbranded and not supplied by Rogers, so it will only ever show 3G and not H+.

ok one more question about this when i get to choose what is going to ne loaded, do i hit add and then add everything from the folder in the os or how dose that work? I have never done this before
    BlackBerry 101 - How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System
    02-15-12 06:09 PM
    You've just been Phil-ed in.
    02-15-12 09:16 PM
    ...with 2 L's
    02-15-12 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD