Hi

Can someone please tell me what to shrink and wht not to ? i am using BBHTool

Maybe A Screen Shot could work thank's
    01-28-12 05:05 PM
    That program doesn't allow you to shrink anything out that can cause problems.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-28-12 05:10 PM
    There are a lot of threads explaining this, but here is a list of things that I removed from OS 7.1 on my phone:
    -All the language files
    -All the fonts files
    -Hotspot Client (You will still be able to use wifi hotspot without this)
    -Visual Voicemail (unless you have this feature)
    -BB Maps (I use Google maps, BUT if you use other RIM apps that use the map app, you need to keep this app. Example of this is BB Traffic)
    -AIM
    -Any IM apps you don't use
    -ALL default media: wallpapers, etc (I kept the ring tones and deleted everything else)
    -All themes
    -IT Policy Viewer
    -DoD Certs
    -Help Files (also delete the PDF files manually after loading the OS. Shrink sometimes won't delete them)
    -Anything that you don't need for sure(ex. City ID, OTA Upgrade, TTY Support, etc, but make sure you don't need these features on the phone for sure.)

Note:
    Most people delete all the specialty dictionaries, Docs To Go, almost all the games apps. This is depend on what you use the phone for and what you need on your phone. For example, some people delete Password Keeper, but I love that app so, I kept it.

Yes, HankHowdy above is right. But if you delete a cod file of a feature you like to use, it will prevent you from using it. Also, when you shrink a brand new leaked OS, be careful because sometimes the shrinking could lead to bugs because shrinking software is never been tested on the leaked OS before.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 01-28-12 at 05:22 PM.
    01-28-12 05:19 PM
    Hi

Can someone please tell me what to shrink and wht not to ? i am using BBHTool

Maybe A Screen Shot could work thank's
    This is my usual pre-install shrink with BBHybrids Tool, and I've never had any problems with it...

bruteforce037 likes this.
    01-28-12 05:43 PM
    I have 236 mb free by just deleting from the app manager. Delete languages from setup and pre loaded pdf's from Docs to go.
    01-28-12 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD