View Poll Results: Are you running the stock OS

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

18 47.37%
  • no

20 52.63%
    Decided to flash a new OS but figured it might be advantageous of me to get the input of my peers on CB and find out user opinion beforehand.
    So, lets hear it..... Are you running the stock OS and if not how is it in comparison? I see a lot of threads on leaks and such so I'm curious about performance, battery and any other items of interest. I would imagine there will be many more leaks and officials coming so why not have a single place to discuss them? Maybe there will be a sticky post like this?

Thanks all!
    09-10-11 10:39 PM
    I'll run the stock OS for about as long as I can take it But seriously, if I see good reviews on continually released 'leaks' then I will install one of these versions. The longer a carrier takes to release a RIM update, the less reluctant I'll be to update with a leaked OS.
    09-10-11 10:45 PM
    Yeah I keep searching the leak/official posts but there isn't much mention of performance or anything except "loaded fine" or " SOS Help, I think I bricked my phone" LOL....
    09-10-11 10:47 PM
    ... as an input .353 for 9930 gave me 1.5 day battery life... somewhat heavy use of music listening using bluetooth connection, emailing and BBM-ing... i'm not complaining...
    09-10-11 10:51 PM
    IMO .353 is by far the most stable OS to date for the 9900... not perfect, but definitely better than any stock OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 10:57 PM
    Just gonna post about my experience. I always upgraded to the highest available OS soo i had .353. I had horrible battery at first, soo i got it exchanged. I noticed no difference so to be safe i got another exchange battery and loaded the stock os. a WORLD of difference now. Before, battery would be dead in 8 hours. I ran my phone yesterday for 15 hours with H+ and wifi active and it hit 30%. This was at work (in a large building with crappy cell reception). at home, the battery will last a full day and a half easy. Once UMA gets pushed i will get far better results. But yes, if you are having problems on a leaked OS, try switching to the stock os and using the battery on it. not much of a difference except for speaker volume is louder on .353 leak than on stock 261. something i must live with until another official os is released.
    09-11-11 12:21 AM
    Shipped with Voda .296, everything was awesome except the battery life which was around 8 hours. Upgraded to .353 now getting more than 24 hours
    09-11-11 06:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD