I am so frustrated with how there is no recent leaked OS for the Bold 9930 but the 9900 keeps getting them left and right (I know others have brought this up a bit in the past) but I have been waiting for over a month to reformat my device and start fresh.. I want to wait for a new version to do this though.. I am having so many problems, my docs to go suite etc. have just vanished and my phone is so screwy... I just want to start fresh already, but there is NOTHING recent for me to go off of. I am currently on .353 and am sick of it.

Is the file structure really THAT much different than the 9900 where there is a legitimate reason as to why we are SOL. I mean 9930 is a higher number (I know means nothing really) but I felt that the 9930 would be getting leaks before the 9900 if anything.

I'm just frustrated, any insight would be appreciated. Thanks guys :/
    12-06-11 01:22 AM
    If you take a look at the internal specs for each phone, not only do they have different carriers but they operate a bit differently as far as the phone, or as some refer to as the "radio" part works.
    1) The Bold 9930 is the CDMA version of the phone (ie, Verizon, Sprint)

2) The Bold 9900 is the GSM version of the phone (ie. AT&T, T-Mobile)

So if you tried to cross one OS to the other phone it will not work. That is the difference.
    Hope this helped to explain it.
    12-06-11 01:59 AM
    If you take a look at the internal specs for each phone, not only do they have different carriers but they operate a bit differently as far as the phone, or as some refer to as the "radio" part works.
    1) The Bold 9930 is the CDMA version of the phone (ie, Verizon, Sprint)

2) The Bold 9900 is the GSM version of the phone (ie. AT&T, T-Mobile)

So if you tried to cross one OS to the other phone it will not work. That is the difference.
    Hope this helped to explain it.
    I knew the bold 9930 is CDMA and the 9900 is GSM.. I'm more wondering why it is taking so long for the 9930 and not the 9900? Is GSM easier to make updates for..? or what? :/
    12-06-11 02:34 AM
    The world and at&t and t-mobile have gone mostly gsm. That means more gsm units being sold. Then more bugs to discover and more complaints. Then more resources spent to fix those. And so on. Hope I made sense.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-11 05:47 AM
    I am so frustrated with how there is no recent leaked OS for the Bold 9930 but the 9900 keeps getting them left and right (I know others have brought this up a bit in the past) but I have been waiting for over a month to reformat my device and start fresh.. I want to wait for a new version to do this though.. I am having so many problems, my docs to go suite etc. have just vanished and my phone is so screwy... I just want to start fresh already, but there is NOTHING recent for me to go off of. I am currently on .353 and am sick of it.

Is the file structure really THAT much different than the 9900 where there is a legitimate reason as to why we are SOL. I mean 9930 is a higher number (I know means nothing really) but I felt that the 9930 would be getting leaks before the 9900 if anything.

I'm just frustrated, any insight would be appreciated. Thanks guys :/
    Why are you on .353? Why haven't you installed .374? And if you are having issues as you describe why wouldn't you do a fresh install anyway? You want to continue to use a "screwy" device?
    12-06-11 06:18 AM
    Why are you on .353? Why haven't you installed .374? And if you are having issues as you describe why wouldn't you do a fresh install anyway? You want to continue to use a "screwy" device?
    Sorry, yeahh :X I just feel that I have been waiting so long and the fact that the 9900 has gotten so many upgrades since, I just feel like a new one is coming to the 9930 soon and I hate completely reformatting the OS so I just wanted to wait until a new one comes out to do it.. I just wish we could know WHEN a new one was coming for the 9930.. I guess I should just reformat now, I had gotten the jmv error 123 or something and fixed it by deleting some javascript file and then on a reboot i got another jmv error (or whatever it is, jvc :X) and then it randomly fixed itself.. I guess I really just should do that instead of waiting. Bah, thanks for the advice. Also wasn't aware that there was atleast .374

EDIT:

I am gonna start from scratch and do a fresh install, is it fine to back up the applications with BBSAK? Last time I did it, whenever i would update apps on my phone I would always get messages saying like "are you sure you want to replace the version that is in the BBSAK backup" etc. and in application management on my phone, it would say that "BBSAK" was taking up like 35 MB of my memory etc. (picture showing BBSAK doing that)

I really did not like the side effects that I saw from it, did I just do something wrong/is there a better way to back up 3rd party apps?

Thanks guys!
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 12-06-11 at 01:56 PM.
    12-06-11 01:44 PM
    More carriers offering 9900 as opposed to 9930, so more 9900 leaks. 374 is the latest official, from VZW. Get the link in the stickied thread.
    12-06-11 02:13 PM
    If you are truly unhappy with the performance of your device, browse through the hybrid forum. I NEVER run a stock OS.
    A hybrid is a compilation of diffferent blackberry OS's put toghether to improve performance, battery life and fix bugs. We (hybrid builders) can usually "fix" and issue faster than you will get an update pushed out by your carrier.
    12-06-11 03:40 PM
    If you are truly unhappy with the performance of your device, browse through the hybrid forum. I NEVER run a stock OS.
    A hybrid is a compilation of diffferent blackberry OS's put toghether to improve performance, battery life and fix bugs. We (hybrid builders) can usually "fix" an issue faster than you will get an update pushed out by your carrier.
    12-06-11 03:40 PM
    if i had a second OS7 device id try a hybrid os just to see what its all about
    12-06-11 03:58 PM
    if i had a second OS7 device id try a hybrid os just to see what its all about
    Some members like them, others don't. I tried some, and didn't find better battery life, improved performance or bug fixes. Then again, there weren't any real bugs to fix in the OS I was running.
    12-06-11 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD