Will OS 7 get any more fluid than it already is?? I notice some lag when scrolling around the menus. I also notice lag in the App World and ocassionally when swiping up and down on a webpage as well as during zooming out. Is this something that can be fixed in future OS updates or are we in it for the long run??

I recently had a chance to play with a Windows Phone device and this thing is super snappy and responsive. I'm hoping OS 7 devices can achieve the same level of fluidity.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-11 08:34 AM
    Mine lags after a few days of battery pull...just the way it is with bb. You have to reboot if it is lagging bad.

11-12-11 09:49 AM
    Withinout a battery pull, every phone experiences lag.

(I'm refering to an iPhone)

11-12-11 10:09 AM
    Mine lags after a few days of battery pull...just the way it is with bb. You have to reboot if it is lagging bad.

Mine started lagging badly...2 to 5 seconds at a time...

Then I got the JVM 545 error. If it starts being noticeable enough, make sure you're backed up because it could mean that the WSOD is coming..
    11-12-11 11:52 AM
    I reboot everyday round 5 to 5:30 AM because I have an app set up that automatically reboots for me. However, I still get lags during the day sometimes. Let's see the future BBs that probably won't use Java have the same issue. Java modules are the root cause of this.... so, hopefully the future phone will not have this issue.

Too bad there are no other smart phones with good keyboards like BBs... because if there is, I will be selling my phone on ebay.
    11-12-11 12:04 PM
    i have experienced much less lag for some reason on 474. a daily reset works wonders too.

ALL phones will lag - or if not now then eventually.
    11-12-11 12:12 PM

and no lag.

What apps are you running?
    11-12-11 02:43 PM
    Os 6 was horrble w e lag!

11-12-11 02:53 PM
    nice to read about iphone and lags

on the first few days I had no clock-thing!!!! but of course it showed up again.

sadly still to often.

especially when I'm using the browser intensively.

it's just so sad that they never got it right with the RAM.

Even my application memory gets "garbidged" after a while. never find out why.
    oli.baillie likes this.
    11-12-11 06:18 PM
    I am pretty sure that the Bold 9900 is going to be my last blackberry ever unless of course RIM drastically improves the UI with 7.1. I think I've taken the plunge far too many times to be experiencing such issues. I don't have the time nor the patience to fiddle around with this crap. The other day I spent a couple of hours just trying to update my phone to .474. Thanks to Phil UK by the way I couldn't have done it otherwise. Oh and I'm only running a couple of apps, Twitter, Poynt, Facebook, Shazam, What's App and Blackberry Travel.

When I see just how butter smooth and fluid Windows Phones are, I just don't understand why these new os7 devices can't match that speed and reliability when they have the same if not better specs. Yes I like the wide keyboard and I like the larger screen but what good is it when the operating system is garbage.

11-13-11 07:00 AM
    I'm running .440 and have had it for a week and have zero lag. this phone is fast! Very pleased!
    11-13-11 07:34 AM
    I'm on 474 and have absolutely no lag. Maybe it depends on how you use the phone. mine is really phone, email, text (in order of importance). If you want all the media and custom roms, get an android. I had a droid for a year and it was fun but ... I need a work communication device not a toy.

11-13-11 07:46 AM
    i have experienced much less lag for some reason on 474. a daily reset works wonders too.

ALL phones will lag - or if not now then eventually.
    I have noticed an improvement, but it still does lag quite badly for me
    11-13-11 07:50 AM
    I am pretty sure that the Bold 9900 is going to be my last blackberry ever unless of course RIM drastically improves the UI with 7.1. I think I've taken the plunge far too many times to be experiencing such issues. I don't have the time nor the patience to fiddle around with this crap. The other day I spent a couple of hours just trying to update my phone to .474. Thanks to Phil UK by the way I couldn't have done it otherwise. Oh and I'm only running a couple of apps, Twitter, Poynt, Facebook, Shazam, What's App and Blackberry Travel.

When I see just how butter smooth and fluid Windows Phones are, I just don't understand why these new os7 devices can't match that speed and reliability when they have the same if not better specs. Yes I like the wide keyboard and I like the larger screen but what good is it when the operating system is garbage.

yeah, the 9900 is probably my last BB too.

It's a nice device but it still suffers RIM-Issues which should have been solved since OS5. Honestly where is skype or a sip client? if not supported than they should do it them self. (but they are afraid of the carrier/provider...) wifi hotspot the same.
    (there is one sip client, forgot the name... was to expensiv (arround 20/month), found a while ago so who knows if still support for newer devices...)

with 500 Euro it's too expensive for the hardware featuers (expect the almost perfect keyboard ) and the 5/month is something I probably will not longer will ecept in the future. As my old BB broke after 2,xx years I had to replace it fast and the 9900 was available.

Appworld is so slow and buggy.

still I think the 9900 is good. It could be just so much better.

Windows phone, nahh, the GUI is not my taste.

it probably will be an android. Hopefully the BB-formfactor will be better supported in the future. It's gone better with bar-qwerty/z android but still it's more a low res cheap phone there (moto droid pro+ (or how it is called) is probably the best at the moment) with medium keyboards.

This will be probably the main issue for me

I couldn't replace my 9000 as even newer BB's keyboard would have been a downgrade.

God, I wish the 9900 with a 1500mAh+ battery and android 2.3xxx would be available *g*
    11-13-11 01:04 PM
    I do battery pulls every 3-4 days in order to avoid lags
    11-13-11 01:10 PM
    All of these problems have been solved by me installing the latest OS leak .503!!

I've abused my phone since the update, using twitter, BBM, calls and SMS. Now I have no lagging whatsoever and STILL have battery!

I've been so annoyed with the device until now. So happy now! Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-13-11 01:14 PM
    .474 definitely fixed the lag issues.

Mine runs smoothly and I rarely get the dreaded wait timer.

Sent using Tapatalk
    11-13-11 01:15 PM

I couldn't replace my 9000 as even newer BB's keyboard would have been a downgrade.

God, I wish the 9900 with a 1500mAh+ battery and android 2.3xxx would be available *g*
    I am currently using an after market 1500maH battery in my 9930 which of course is compatible in the 9900 as well. Some of the after markets are good and some are not so good per my experience. But, if you're willing to take a gamble, I've had some very good experiences with after market batteries for BB and you can get them a lot cheaper than the OEM versions. I purchased the 1500 maH battery I'm currently using from a dealer in Hong Kong for about 20 bucks which included the charger. I purchased the battery and charger on E-bay.

Last edited by radiomark; 11-13-11 at 01:33 PM.
    11-13-11 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD