DO NOT DO THIS

Say fror instants you already have email accounts on your phone working fine

In OS 7.1 if you click on the email acount management in messages blackberry key / options and decide your not interested in proceeding and hit cancel it wipes out your current email accounts and creates a blank brand new one

I would have thought it would warn you that you already have active accounts or there might be some sub menu options to choose .. but no it starts the process right then and there and wipes out what ever you got.

Then you have to got back into BIS rogers.blackberry.com with a pc and re enter your IMEI and PIN , then re authenticate your email addresses by clicking the crossed out icons for each account listed

To get your email back, and you have to call rogers or your ISP to remove the blank new BIS account or accounts depending how many times you tried to click on that button

-- your probably wondering how I know this lol, well I was playing around in messages and was looking for some other email preferences and seeing how the button was named email accounts I thought there would be more options within the menu option. But noooo it wiped out all my email lol so I went through this whole thing this morning twice !! trying to prove to Rogers BlackBerry Support it was a real problem.

OS 7 Email Bug
    Last edited by vx1; 01-15-12 at 08:39 AM.
    01-15-12 07:45 AM
    That doesn't happen if you set up your email accounts from the phone instead of via your carrier's BIS site.

I've never understood why people would do that anyway
    01-15-12 07:53 AM
    well it was attempted to be setup with the phone, but I had been having problems with it creating new accounts and I was on the phone with rogers over and over again because the account management would not authenticate the blank account associated with the active @rogers.blackberry.net address ..

so they had to keep killing the blank BIS accounts until they got it .. that it was creating
    blank accounts.
    01-15-12 07:57 AM
    So Rogers messed up your email accounts.

The way I read your post you made it sound like if you enter Email Account Management from your phone, your email accounts will get wiped... when they won't.
    01-15-12 08:04 AM
    Well the accounts get dis associated with the blackberry device and new blank accounts get created.

so if you have existing email accounts they will no longer work and are removed from the device immediately

is what happens ..

Rogers was un aware of this, and have since submitted the information today to blackberry hopefully there will be a alert message or some other notifier detect if there are existing accounts associated with the device.

one thing to note about this issue: ( no actual emails were lost, they were still associated with the previous active BIS email account(s), and were not removed as a result of the dis associating the accounts from the device, as soon as the device was re associated with the correct BIS account the email accounts are restored, with no actual email loss )
    Last edited by vx1; 01-15-12 at 08:15 AM.
    01-15-12 08:10 AM
    Sorry, but I can't replicate your issue.
    01-15-12 08:15 AM
    It was documented and proven with rogers

steps:

1) enter messages
    2) goto options
    3) enter email account management
    4) it should show your current blackberry ID but it initiates a clean BIS
    Account and then shows you the blackberry id, asking for a password
    but you will never be able to enter the correct password because it is now
    associated with a blank account.
    5) then when I went to the home screen all email accounts were gone

are you on rogers ?
    what happens when you click on email account management?
    Last edited by vx1; 01-15-12 at 08:37 AM.
    01-15-12 08:17 AM
    No, I'm on Vodafone UK. Is this issue exclusive to Rogers then?

When I click on Email Account Management, I can set up new accounts or edit existing ones.
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
    01-15-12 08:24 AM
    It might be a Rogers problem, but read the previous post on steps I took
    01-15-12 08:27 AM
    I'm trying to read your previous posts, but you're editing them quicker than I can read.

Like I said, I can't replicate your issue by doing everything you've done. When I enter Email Account Management I do NOT get any BlackBerry ID screen, nor do any of my email accounts get disassociated with BIS. I just get the usual screen showing my accounts, with the usual options.

I think your issue is with your BlackBerry ID account, rather than with the Email Account Management app. I only ever use or see BBID after an OS update, and once I've entered my username and password, everything is associated and I never see it again.
    01-15-12 08:44 AM
    That seems to be carrier specific. When I go into account management nothing adverse happens.
    01-15-12 09:18 AM
    Well I am happy that it is not happening to anyone else
    Its probabley a rogers issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-12 09:23 AM
    I found several bugs too... If during the initial set up the email server fail to connect to the BB, it will come up with an error. Now if you reactivate the email a second time, the emails fill come in to the account but only will show up in the Messages box even after you choose to show up in both main Messages box and the particular email folder. Solution: delete the email account completely and re activate it.
    01-15-12 09:51 AM
    It was documented and proven with rogers

steps:

1) enter messages
    2) goto options
    3) enter email account management
    4) it should show your current blackberry ID but it initiates a clean BIS
    Account and then shows you the blackberry id, asking for a password
    but you will never be able to enter the correct password because it is now
    associated with a blank account.
    5) then when I went to the home screen all email accounts were gone

are you on rogers ?
    what happens when you click on email account management?

I have Rogers 9810, I know the profile says Telus, but I assure you I am with Rogers, I just can't be bothered to update it. I tried doing exactly as you described above, did not do anything out of the ordinary. All my email accounts are fine, mind you I also don't bother the rogers.blackberry.address either.
    01-15-12 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD