7.1 slowed down my BB so I downgraded and am much happier now.
    12-30-11 10:27 AM
    Tried several installs of 7.1 reverted back to 7.0.362 as surprisingly 7.1:
    -drained battery much faster
    -touch screen locked up repeatedly
    -received bad battery message upon numerous reboots.
    Back on 7.0.362 happy to observe problems dissappear.
    The screen seemed to have more definition on 7.1
    Disappointing was really hoping for a positive experience.
    12-31-11 06:04 PM
    Hi,

I have had 2 9930's brick on me so i left for a spell, but my wife will be getting a warranty replacement 9930 from a private seller, it is about 3 days old. What OS will it ship with? and what if anything is there to do to guard against bricking? Would installing this Sprint 7.1 on my VZW 9930 guard against the bricking issues?

Thank you for any help.
    01-02-12 04:10 PM
    The private seller would know the OS. Bricking means different things to different people. Did you try to trouble shoot. What was the brick? Was it "caught in an endless loop", "white screen", "didn't turn on"....

Putting an OS on the phone doesn't guard against bricking. Its a bit of a crap shot since I can run an OS w/no problems but someone else has horrid luck. The other thing, as stated earlier, is what are you doing when the phone bricks? There are lots of tutorials for bricked phones on CB. Unfortunately the service reps at the carriers usually do not have that level of expertise so they just do a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-12 07:38 PM
    Since I loaded my 9930 with os 7.1, it strangely started draining my battery faster and faster. I'm up to on a normal day putting my phone on the charger atl east 3 times a day. Anyone else experiencing this problem?
    I have great battery life on Sprint with 9930.
    01-03-12 07:30 AM
    The private seller would know the OS. Bricking means different things to different people. Did you try to trouble shoot. What was the brick? Was it "caught in an endless loop", "white screen", "didn't turn on"....

Putting an OS on the phone doesn't guard against bricking. Its a bit of a crap shot since I can run an OS w/no problems but someone else has horrid luck. The other thing, as stated earlier, is what are you doing when the phone bricks? There are lots of tutorials for bricked phones on CB. Unfortunately the service reps at the carriers usually do not have that level of expertise so they just do a replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thank you for the info,

I am sure the seller would, i just was wondering about new devices being shipped out. This was a device that was a replacement for a bricked device. So i didn't know if the manufacturer was sending them out with a specific OS to guard against the problem, or IF that was even something that could be done.

As for my bricking, the 2 9930's i had would just loop and give me the same exact thing
    "JVM ERROR 517" Granted this was back in Aug/Sep so maybe not much was known then as vzw just replaced them, the second time i just got a diff phone.

We all this one is for my wife and will be her main phone for business and all i just want to do what i can to guard against it happening is all.

Again, thank you for your help.
    01-03-12 07:50 AM
    Draining at 2.1%/hr on 7.1
    I have the initial drop as well, but it doesn't happen for an hour or so. Depends on my usage when I disconnect it from the charger.
    Same here, 2.1% or so per hour; 100% > 92% drop somewhere around 2 hours after unplugging the charger.
    01-03-12 08:45 AM
    Its crazy how you guys got better battery life with this build. I tried it twice and just was awful. 7-9% discharge rate.

BlackBerry Bold® 9930 using Tapatalk of course.
    01-03-12 03:42 PM
    I upgraded to 7.1 but its draining my battery like crazy, and im not even using it much. how do i get back on 7.0?
    01-03-12 04:34 PM
    Nevermind! Figured it out.
    01-03-12 04:45 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD