Hi all, looking for any help or advicde I can get.

Been busy with work and away from the forums. Anyway I was prompted to download the newest version of App World and following successfully installing that saw the icon for OS 7.1 I proceeded to download the OS via OTA and am now stuck in the install process at Software Updates 'Backing Up Your Data' - 12% it has been stuck on 12% for a few hours now and no amount of reboot or battery pulls can seem to push it any further or stop the install process. I am currently at work so OTA is the only viable option for me right now since I don't have admin privileges to install DM properly so looking for any advice I can use now or for when I return home.

Thanks.
    01-20-12 01:08 PM
    Hi all, looking for any help or advicde I can get.

Been busy with work and away from the forums. Anyway I was prompted to download the newest version of App World and following successfully installing that saw the icon for OS 7.1 I proceeded to download the OS via OTA and am now stuck in the install process at Software Updates 'Backing Up Your Data' - 12% it has been stuck on 12% for a few hours now and no amount of reboot or battery pulls can seem to push it any further or stop the install process. I am currently at work so OTA is the only viable option for me right now since I don't have admin privileges to install DM properly so looking for any advice I can use now or for when I return home.

Thanks.
    If you can't use DM, sit tight and enjoy the long ride. You may be stuck at the 12% for an hour or two. Most users that I've chatted with who did OTA experienced the same thing. You're looking at a 3-4 hours update process. If you can wait til you use DM, it will only take 30 minutes or so.

Wait til you're off work if you can. OTA is painful.

I did OTA once and it was my last time. I've wiped and reloaded a few times and DM or the app loader took about 20 minutes.

*Edit... Oh if you get stuck on Social Feeds, uninstall prior to updating. You can reinstall throught the application manager where you can select or deselect app/software. Or just uninstall Social Feeds then resume OTA and see if it speeds it up for you.
    Last edited by dustanh; 01-20-12 at 01:17 PM.
    01-20-12 01:12 PM
    Mine was stuck on 19% when I installed OTA. It finally completed itself and everything was perfect. Didn't have to reinstall anything.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    01-20-12 01:15 PM
    +1 let it run, and hopefully it will finish on it's own. Avoid OTAs in the future.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    01-20-12 01:17 PM
    Thanks for the quick responses guys . Guess I'm just ____ Out of Luck. OTA never again.
    01-20-12 01:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD