Well here is one of thoes inside tips that RIM is working on OS 7.1 right now that people may already know. As of yesterday we foind RIM had an issue with it and is in the process of fixing it up. They didn't say what but we are waiting on 7.1 for NFC. They did however say they knew where the problem was and what they needed to fix it they just need to do it.

I would think with Fixing and Testing in there then carrier adoption I would put this at January when we the public may get a chance to see it.

I know there is going to be the "Show me the proof" but I can't. It was a conference call and there was very little details on that topic. I was suprised when they mentioned it on the call as the reason why most of the development team were absent from our meeting.

Anyways just wanted to share the news.
    10-26-11 03:52 PM
    They didn't say what but we are waiting on 7.1 for NFC.
    We already have NFC in OS7

From what I understand, OS7.1 will bring Mobile Hotspot and UMA to those carriers that will support it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 04:04 PM
    We already have NFC in OS7

From what I understand, OS7.1 will bring Mobile Hotspot and UMA to those carriers that will support it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I hear what you are saying on NFC in 7.0. But there is something they needed in 7.1 for the mobile wallet from what I could gather. Either that or the resources working on mobile payments are just being shuffled over to other projects.
    10-26-11 04:09 PM
    whenever it gets here i'll be ready.
    10-26-11 05:53 PM
    NFC is already functional. OS 7.1 is coming out in November.
    10-26-11 06:45 PM
    Last week spoke with my telco rep and he runs beta, or whatever, on 9810 installed by rim representatives for testing. hotspot works btw
    I guess, hope, we should see it soon.
    10-26-11 08:27 PM
    also some app developers mentioned they saw customers with 7.1 OS downloading their apps.
    Also the announcement of "coming soon" was made on FaceBook my the official Blackberry page.

im guessing November too, December the latest
    Last edited by Delil; 10-27-11 at 06:53 AM. Reason: typo's
    10-27-11 06:48 AM
    also some app developers mentioned they saw customers with 7.1 OS downloading their apps.
    Also the announcement of "coming soon" was made on FaceBook my the official Blackberry page.

im guessing November too, December the latest
    I would take the "coming soon" on the BB Facebook page with a grain of salt, they had "coming soon" for the OS7 devices on the BB site for months upon months.
    10-27-11 07:00 AM
    Is there any solid news on what 7.1 will bring to our phones?
    something like an update to include full flash support would be nice!
    10-27-11 07:05 AM
    Is there any solid news on what 7.1 will bring to our phones?
    something like an update to include full flash support would be nice!
    Flash will never come to the BB OS. You'll have to wait for BBX for that.
    10-27-11 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD