I'm having a custom leather shop make me a carrying pouch for my BB. It has a REAL belt loop, not those clips that always disengage or break loosing your phone in the process. I had been using a bar phone and found it to fit in one of those biker cigarette cases. I contacted the shop (Lutz Leather) who made me a custom tool roll out of harness leather a few years back to see if they could make me a larger case to fit the BB Bold 9900. I added a half inch to the length, width, and depth of the phone so it's easy to get out of the pouch when I told them the dimensions I wanted. They are going to make it for me.

Just wondering how the cases sold here switch the phone into sleep mode? Be nice to incorporate it in this case?
    03-04-12 12:02 PM
    They use a strategically placed magnet sewn into the case/pouch. You can probably have lutz add that feature to the case as well.
    Katmandoitall likes this.
    03-04-12 12:08 PM
    Where do they place the magnet and how large is it?
    03-04-12 12:12 PM
    Chop up an old 9900 holster and have a look.

Probably be able to use the same magnet as well.

*depending on how attached you are with the oe holster.
    03-04-12 12:26 PM
    I'm waiting for the phone to arrive on Tuesday. Is a case shipped with it? I'm getting it through T-Mobile.
    03-04-12 12:29 PM
    I'm waiting for the phone to arrive on Tuesday. Is a case shipped with it? I'm getting it through T-Mobile.
    Yes.

I have two 9900's O2 & Vodafone. Both came with holsters and all the Bold videos I've seen come with the holsters.
    Katmandoitall likes this.
    03-04-12 12:31 PM
    Be careful with the case. The one that comes with the TMO 9900 will scratch your battery door. It did mine and I'm not happy about it.
    03-04-12 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD