I used the stock browser and it has been much improved but I have always used opera mini on my blackberries and wow is it awesome. You can now even use it to download things without going to stock browser. I highly recommend it. Touch works great new ui is great and haven't run into any bugs yet. Just a heads up for anyone who hasn't tried it out yet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bhavi_jp and mssca like this.
    09-07-11 02:46 PM
    I downloaded it and played with it a tad so I can not give my full impressions on it but from the limited time i spent with it, I must say it does look quite good.
    09-07-11 03:22 PM
    Was never a big opera user on any platform but might have to give it a test run.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-07-11 03:35 PM
    I absolutely cannot stand reading CrackBerry on the native browser. Opera Mini all the way!
    09-07-11 03:46 PM
    Here here!

09-07-11 04:58 PM
    Yup. It is amazing. Its much faster and the touch interface is amazing.
    I don't know why people cry about the native browser when Opera is available for free download.
    09-07-11 05:59 PM
    Just downloaded. Havent used Opera since I had my 8520. Interface is lovely, pretty quick but not sure it beats the native browser for me. Some web pages don't seem to render properly, but native is perfect.

Last edited by BBFTW88; 09-07-11 at 06:11 PM.
    09-07-11 06:01 PM
    +1 for Opera Mini. The stock browser does not hold a candle against it IMO.
    09-07-11 08:30 PM
    Is there no pinch to zoom or am I missing something?
    09-07-11 08:35 PM
    Is there no pinch to zoom or am I missing something?
    There isn't...
    No reason to use it....native handles it all for me.

09-07-11 10:02 PM
    +1 for Opera on the 9900. Displays very well.
    09-10-11 01:42 PM
    Started using opera a few days ago, not too bad. Start up is a little slower than the stock browser but quick enough for me. Is there a way to make Opera the default browser so links from other apps open in Opera instead of the stock browser?

Running shrunk 353, 228MB free. I've also noticed my battery life doesn't seem as good since installing Opera. Might be all in my head, I don't pay that close attention.

09-10-11 09:37 PM
    I love Opera Mini 6 on my 9930.
    09-10-11 10:59 PM
    Started using opera a few days ago, not too bad. Start up is a little slower than the stock browser but quick enough for me. Is there a way to make Opera the default browser so links from other apps open in Opera instead of the stock browser?

Running shrunk 353, 228MB free. I've also noticed my battery life doesn't seem as good since installing Opera. Might be all in my head, I don't pay that close attention.

Yes it does seem to use a decent amount of battery but I don't think much more if any than stock browser

09-11-11 12:52 PM
    I tried to save a bookmark and cannot get to the save button ... cannot access with touch screen or with track pad ....

any one ?
    09-21-11 07:49 PM
    had to tap on the screen harder than I might like
    but I got it

thanks !
    09-21-11 07:51 PM
    Strange mine works with touch but not with trackpad

09-21-11 07:52 PM
    Where can you download Opera Mini for o.s. 7 from?
    12-21-11 04:14 PM
    Where can you download Opera Mini for o.s. 7 from?
    Go to m.opera.com
    12-21-11 04:32 PM
    wow! I love it... all my fave websites finally load fast and in a readable manner... I can zoom in by "pinching" if I need to and although the native browser is good Opera is way much better expirience especially on my home wifi network... I did find editing the home page difficult at first, you have to hold down the "button" for longer so the edit option appears and I dont like the fact the menus dont obey the Blackberry OS rules... for example to exit is 3 menu actions otherwise it continues to run in the background... However I do love the fact you can turn on the same keystrokes as the native browser so combined with touch and the keystrokes it is fast to browse the net now...
    01-28-12 08:40 PM
    Something that bugs me about OM is that you tube does not play on it. When you watch them the native browser opens and plays them.

Also some websites don't look right. Lots of text are overlapping each other like yahoo's boxing news site.

That's a deal breaker of me.

The most appealing thing to me about OM is that once you close it all the memory is returned. The native browsers memory is never returned. You do get it back after a reset.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-28-12 11:53 PM
    Go to m.opera.com
    on this site i cannot find Opera Mini & Opera Mobile – Download:

for version OS7... is there anywhwere I can download the .cod file?

Somehow at the moment my default browser won't open any pages... I'd like to install (sideload) OM on my 9790 so see if the web workd or not (FB, Twitter works)
    02-11-12 02:42 AM
    ok done solve sorry
    02-11-12 02:52 AM
    To me, the biggest advantage of Opera Mini over the stock browser is built-in spellcheck for text entry. RIM should really add it to their browser. =(
    02-11-12 05:54 AM
    I've always used Opera on my older BB devices, but now that OS 7 has a proper browser I can't see myself ever going back to Opera.
    02-11-12 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD