Well, you may or may not know, but some "very reliable" sources are claiming that RIM has made a last minuite plan to only announce this phone at their blackberry world event next week.

What are your thoughts on this?

Great as they may be putting it all into this phone to really launch it?

Maybe you think it's a bad move by rim as it's the perfect opportunity to announce the other lined up phones?

What's your thoughts?

The link is here for anyone wanting it: RIM to announce only one phone at BlackBerry World? | BGR
    Won't surprise me if it's the only one, but I highly doubt it. Hopefully they showcase all of them.
    04-27-11 06:37 PM
    Source? Link?
    I know this isnt as legit as everyone would like, But i was on my blackberry sitting at a table in Texas hold em king live. Out of curiosity i asked what bb everyone was using, and this guy says dakota, so im like you lie, he goes 'No, pure true', im like seems like a powerful device, he goes yes indeed, i question him about 6.1 and if he works at rim says maybe why do i ask,, im like curious i guess, then i say , either way im excited to see it at bbw, and he goes "dont be", says the torch 2 is comming soon and also a new iphone in october. Anyway you guys take it for what its worth, all in all id be fairly dissapointed if research in motion dosent unveil the bold 9900. i like my bold 9700 but that 1.2ghz snapdragon along with os 7 and hspa+ is looking good.
    04-28-11 12:52 PM
    I know this isnt as legit as everyone would like, But i was on my blackberry sitting at a table in Texas hold em king live. Out of curiosity i asked what bb everyone was using, and this guy says dakota, so im like you lie, he goes 'No, pure true', im like seems like a powerful device, he goes yes indeed, i question him about 6.1 and if he works at rim says maybe why do i ask,, im like curious i guess, then i say , either way im excited to see it at bbw, and he goes "dont be", says the torch 2 is comming soon and also a new iphone in october. Anyway you guys take it for what its worth, all in all id be fairly dissapointed if research in motion dosent unveil the bold 9900. i like my bold 9700 but that 1.2ghz snapdragon along with os 7 and hspa+ is looking good.
    Well, let's hope he's wrong then I would be truly disappointed if this device is not released soon. I really need a new phone, and it's this or the iPhone 5 If this does not release any time soon, that will mean I have to wait even loner, and my phone may die at any point. If the iPhone. launches before.. that's my baby

I would love this phone.. first choice. But I really NEED a new one
    04-28-11 01:21 PM
    rim should take advantage of this opportunity right now.they should grab more customers since the apple iphone 5 launch is pushed to fall. its smart, to release as many new phones now then delay them for later and lose out on more profit.
    04-28-11 06:22 PM
    I expect the BT to be introduced at BBW and released to the major carriers shortly thereafter. I hope to have it as soon as the middle of May! I am sooo tired of my iPhone 4.
    04-28-11 07:55 PM
    considering there are 5-6 bb's coming out this year i am confused why there's only one coming out.
    04-30-11 10:21 PM
    Apple has no problem announcing exactly one phone every year. Why does RIM need to announce more?
    04-30-11 11:13 PM
    I'm guessing RIM will formally announce the Bold Touch and specific release details for it.Then later they'll show off working display models of the "Storm 3" and new Curve models and give a general timeline for their release(say 3rd and/or 4th Q of 2011).
    04-30-11 11:46 PM
    Apple has no problem announcing exactly one phone every year. Why does RIM need to announce more?
    Are you serious?
    05-01-11 12:37 AM
    I'm guessing RIM will formally announce the Bold Touch and specific release details for it.Then later they'll show off working display models of the "Storm 3" and new Curve models and give a general timeline for their release(say 3rd and/or 4th Q of 2011).
    I think you are very mistaken on the timeframe for those other devices, the odds are that all the premium models (bold, storm, torch) will all start to show up around the same time give or take priority differences on various carriers e.g. at&t will probably launch torch 2 first.

I don't expect we will get a specific release date for any product at this show because they probably haven't completed (or even started maybe) going through full carrier acceptance testing yet so we'll probably get something like end of June as an estimated date.

As far as this whole only announcing one device thing, it might just be that they will announce them all, but people are going to get to actually play around with working bold touches and the others would just be on display, this would be quite a sensible approach since the bold touch is the biggest deal for a blackberry audience and gives them more control over what is seen on the various beta hardware.
    05-01-11 04:53 AM
    I still say that they will announce all of them, but showcase the BT as the new flagship, and I agree they will have them on hand. I am guessing they will launch the leaked web page and give a release time frame. Just my guess.
    05-01-11 07:44 AM
    Are you serious?
    What you're saying is that a single model from RIM can never impress as one iPhone from Apple, so RIM needs to introduce a few to make it newsworthy.

It's interesting that even here on CB people have such a lowly view of Blackberrys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-11 04:19 PM
    What you're saying is that a single model from RIM can never impress as one iPhone from Apple, so RIM needs to introduce a few to make it newsworthy.

It's interesting that even here on CB people have such a lowly view of Blackberrys.

That's not what he's saying at all. That isn't how RIM has ever done business. The BB keyboard is one of the brands differentiators, and they recognize that different users have different preferences. Apple makes one form factor, take it or leave it, and as long as they do, I'll never own one. Do you know of any other manufacturer that makes one and only one form factor? Do you have a 'lowly view' of all of them as well? Guess what that makes you...
    05-01-11 06:42 PM
    They can release other models, but announcing mediocre devices on stage, and worse, releasing them as flagship models hopefully has come to an end.

If the Bold Touch can't stand on its own, it doesn't matter what other devices RIM announces. The keyboard is not a differentiator, it's the reason for making Blackberrys. We have yet to see a justification for touch Blackberrys other than copying Apple.

05-02-11 12:41 AM
    We have yet to see a justification for touch Blackberrys other than copying Apple.
    The simplest justification is that rim are not arrogant enough to demand every customer of theirs uses the same phone and thus they offer multiple form factors to suit the actual preferences of their customers.
    05-02-11 10:14 AM
    They can release other models, but announcing mediocre devices on stage, and worse, releasing them as flagship models hopefully has come to an end.

If the Bold Touch can't stand on its own, it doesn't matter what other devices RIM announces. The keyboard is not a differentiator, it's the reason for making Blackberrys. We have yet to see a justification for touch Blackberrys other than copying Apple.
    What? Are you serious? And everything that uses a light bulb is copying Thomas Edison?
    05-02-11 10:24 AM
    Imagine if RIM didn't squander so many resources and its credibility on the Storm, Torch and PlayBook while chasing Apple.

05-02-11 11:53 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD