Okay, I can't really get too much hard evidence on this as a lot of the videos just discuss the right-hand side of the phone or not at all. So the 9900/9930 will only get one convenience key? I know there are people which don't really care to use them at all and might start bashing me about whining, but there are also people who find in pretty hard to break habits, especially me. Left one is for browser and right one is for e-office Flashlight. I might just about be more lenient if Quick Launch would be good. I've heard good reviews from the application but I'm not entirely sure how it works. Would it be a good investment?

Thanks!
    07-31-11 11:46 AM
    All newer BBs have only one convenience key (except the 9780 because it is almost identical to the 9700).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-11 11:54 AM
    There goes my right side camera key.

07-31-11 12:04 PM
    I am afraid this is one habit you will need to break. Blackberrys have only had one for a while now.

If you want to complain, this one button is too easy to push and I have started the camera numerous times with out meaning to do so.
    07-31-11 01:15 PM
    I am afraid this is one habit you will need to break. Blackberrys have only had one for a while now.

If you want to complain, this one button is too easy to push and I have started the camera numerous times with out meaning to do so.
    As I have.....and get the "what the...." picture.
    07-31-11 01:27 PM

Is it not a two-stage button?
    07-31-11 02:55 PM
    sorry but your gonna have too break it
    07-31-11 02:57 PM
    I don't get why RIM is doing this. I really missed the second convenience key on my Torch, but was thrilled to get it back on my 9780. I used mine for the calculator and CaptureIt. I don't see how hard it would be to keep such a desired feature.

07-31-11 03:18 PM
    I naver had a problem with those. The arte very useful. Shame that we are being given one only noww
    07-31-11 03:22 PM
    I just now watched that BlackBerry World video and noticed that, too. Also, in the video he showed a micro USB port on the top of the unit, but there was also a wire coming out of the side. Could someone please clarify what that's all about?

07-31-11 03:25 PM
    The 'Lock' button is on the top
    07-31-11 03:42 PM
    The 'Lock' button is on the top
    How is this relevant?

07-31-11 03:43 PM
    How is this relevant?

I was respondind to the previous post where the user had observed what he thought was a micro usb port on the top of the phone during a video. I think he maybe mistook the lock button for a usb port.
    07-31-11 03:56 PM
    Thanks. I thought it was a lock button (looked like one) but I could have sworn the guy in the video said it was the micro usb port.

07-31-11 04:39 PM
    whats with the volume rocker on the side? it looks like its seperated in to a top, middle, and down rocker. can anyone explain this?
    07-31-11 05:26 PM
    Media control.
    07-31-11 05:36 PM
    so it wont be able to be reassigned outside of the media player? because that middle key could easily be redefined to another use outside of the media app, which i rarely use lol
    07-31-11 05:45 PM
    That middle button between the volume buttons is the mute button. At least they kept that feature I guess. I spoke to Vodafone UK and they said it will come out at �40 per month on a two year contract. That is very expensive. I would pay �35 per month at the absolute maximum. �519 for preorder is also outrageous. What makes it as expensive as an iPhone 4?

07-31-11 06:02 PM
    Because it's new.....and supposedly will be RIM's flagship device for a few months. I would wait until it releases and see what the pricing is.
    07-31-11 06:50 PM
    so it wont be able to be reassigned outside of the media player? because that middle key could easily be redefined to another use outside of the media app, which i rarely use lol
    Maybe a third party app will be able to re-assign the button for another purpose. I had a program on my 9780 I used (but can't remember the name) and since I am using the 9000 again (waiting for the 9900 ), I'm not using it.
    07-31-11 06:53 PM
    There is always apps like SixTools that allow you to use the volume and mute buttons as convenience keys. Only trouble w/ that, when using any media driven app, that feature becomes void. And sometimes the app doesn't always work, even when not using any media apps.

But when it does work, its pretty cool.

Last edited by MACKSnare519; 07-31-11 at 07:40 PM.
    07-31-11 06:54 PM
    Only one convenience key? That's not very convenient.
    07-31-11 06:57 PM
    I'm hoping the same thing... I'd really hate to give up the dedicated camera button but I've also grown really attached to Vlingo which requires occupying a convenience key
    07-31-11 07:02 PM
    I'm not too happy with that..left key was used for bbm...this is going to take some adjusting to
    07-31-11 08:19 PM
    I'm not too happy with that..left key was used for bbm...this is going to take some adjusting to
    I have to second that. I loved to use the left-hand convenience key to access my contacts on my 8300/8310/8900/9000/9700 & 9780...and having only one on the right hand was a noticeable shortcoming on the 9800 I used briefly (thank God!).

It's not a dealbreaker...but a bummer, for sure that it's the same on the 9900.
    07-31-11 08:33 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD