I did a search and I didn't see this addressed anywhere - it looks like there is only 1 convenience key on the leaked Dakota pics.
    I know the Torch and Style only have the one camera button as well, but those are such different form factors I was assuming (hoping?) the change was specific to those devices.
    I would be lost w/o my left conv. key for QL
    I know these leaks and pics aren't official or anything but I sure hope RIM drops the currrent trend of only one convenience key.
    01-27-11 01:23 PM
    I thought about this as well, but thinking about the form factor and OS, I don't think the single convenience key would be much of a con. Considering the ease of navigation when you combine the touch screen form factor and universal search on OS6+ devices, I think a second convenience key would be repetitive for the majority of users.
    01-27-11 01:35 PM
    Maybe, I just like having a dedicated QL key and a dedciated camera key. But the whole point of QL is to make everything easy to access so it wouldn't be hard to use camera through that or just use multi-click launches for the one side.
    I still haven't upgraded to os-6 so I also can't comment on how that would affect my use
    01-27-11 02:13 PM
    I thought about this as well, but thinking about the form factor and OS, I don't think the single convenience key would be much of a con. Considering the ease of navigation when you combine the touch screen form factor and universal search on OS6+ devices, I think a second convenience key would be repetitive for the majority of users.
    I completely agree. When I had a 9700 on a T-Mobile with OS5, I always used the second convenience key. Now that I'm on a 9650 with OS6, I honestly don't know if I've used it at all since I upgraded. I like having one convenience key for my camera, but the other just doesn't seem as useful anymore. I actually think I would prefer the streamlined look of having clean side to the device.
    01-29-11 11:56 AM
    I found that my use of the 2nd convenience key changed drastically when I moved to a device with the lock button on the top as that was the main thing I had used it for until then.
    01-29-11 03:07 PM
    I use my right key for camera. I did use QL on my left, but with such limited memory going to os 6 on the 9700 I have not even had it installed latey. With universal search I do not miss it much. I wouild rather they include a second key, but I think I can live without it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 03:17 PM
    i think not including a 2nd convenince key would be a mistake... havig that 2nd button made getting to important applications fast and efficient. It is those core principles that makes a blackberry, a blackberry. that's why we love our blackberries. so to get rid of a blackberry signature element, we are losing a little bit of what a BB is.

i have a 9650 os 6, and i still use that 2nd convenience key as my shortcut for my calendar. My job requries me to constantly keep my appointments organized as i'm always needing to add, delete, and modify the information for each appointment.

that 2nd convenience key can even be used to do apps such as push to talk, if that ever comes to bbm.
    01-30-11 08:00 PM
    Although I would prefer it, I can go without. I think it will just take me a bit to get used to. I usually just use it for the camera anyway.

01-30-11 11:11 PM
    i would more so like to have the second convince key but its not that big of a deal....but hopefully RIM will go back to using 2
    01-30-11 11:18 PM
    I found that my use of the 2nd convenience key changed drastically when I moved to a device with the lock button on the top as that was the main thing I had used it for until then.
    me too. i used to have the left convenience key as the lock function and the right one has always been the application switcher. now that there is a lock button on the top of my bold, the left one is rarely used. right now it's set as clock. but i won't really miss it
    01-30-11 11:26 PM
    Maybe, I just like having a dedicated QL key and a dedciated camera key. But the whole point of QL is to make everything easy to access so it wouldn't be hard to use camera through that or just use multi-click launches for the one side.
    I still haven't upgraded to os-6 so I also can't comment on how that would affect my use

With QL on one key I can launch with one click, camera with second click, SprintNav, and then Poynt. Thankfully the flip engages a keyboard lock on the Style. I'm using the Tour/Bold v3.5 QL on Style without issues.

01-31-11 12:51 AM
    QL can also be launched with the space key, which is what I do.
    01-31-11 04:54 PM
    QL is kind of useless on touchscreen imo. I had it for 9700 and it was great, but never installed it on my torch.
    02-03-11 09:39 AM
    Is this RIM giving up on voice commands? I do not use them, but if you did use voice commands wouldn't you want to set that as a convince key to activate? How do you activate them in Android?
    02-03-11 02:37 PM
    well if you look at the paperwork it says things are subject to change. i hope they do. lol
    02-03-11 03:34 PM
    Same here - camera and address book. Must have two keys.
    02-03-11 04:21 PM
    I need 2. Camera is dedicated to the right side, QL was made for the left side! Lol! I couldn't see using the 2-stage dedicated camera button for anything else. But if it does not have it, it will only give me a reason to lust for the next Berry off the vine....

02-16-11 05:38 AM
    Except at this point, it would appear one conv. key is a permanent design change...
    02-17-11 09:29 AM
    had a 9650, tried the style for couple days, and one of the turn offs was having only one convenience key. The way i see it, one less convenience key makes the device less convenient to use ...
    02-17-11 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD