This is copy/paste of my online chat 5 minutes ago on verizon website...

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Lindsay'

Lindsay: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

You: I would like to pre-order Blackberry Bold 9930....can you tell me on what date i can go ahead and do that?

Lindsay: I'd be happy to assist you.

Lindsay: At this time there has been no date released regarding when the new device can be pre ordered.

Lindsay: I would recommend checking back within the next few weeks.

You: a friend told me he was told by verizon customer support that monday, aug 15th...is that true?

Lindsay: That date has not been released to this department. Do you mind holding while I research that?

You: sure....

Lindsay: Thank you.

Lindsay: Thank you for holding. Yes, it will be available 08/15/11 for pre order.

You: Great. What would be the EASIEST way for me to do this...I am eligible for an upgrade and I am very excited to get my hands on this new phone...

Lindsay: On the 15th you will be able to sign in to the My Verizon to order the device.

You: Ok, thanks alot for your help. Have a great day!

Lindsay: You are very welcome!

Lindsay: Have I resolved all of your issues and concerns today?

You: Yes thanks

Lindsay: Thank you for visiting Verizon Wireless, I look forward to speaking with you again. Have a great day!

Can't be any clearer than that I would say! Should be a fun Monday morning
    ericlc2 and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    08-12-11 01:27 PM
    I don't know where this online chat is for wireless! I can only do it for residential
    08-12-11 01:29 PM
    Thanks drcharlton. Great news. Hopefully the rep knew what she was talking about. Also, it's unclear whether she meant pre-order or actual order there.
    08-12-11 01:34 PM
    what exactly dpes pre-order mean ?

i REALLY REALLY need the phone by the 19th.

will it be in my hands by then if i pre order on the 15th ?
    08-12-11 01:38 PM
    what exactly dpes pre-order mean ?

i REALLY REALLY need the phone by the 19th.

will it be in my hands by then if i pre order on the 15th ?
    Pre order basically means you're confirming an order in advance for when it comes. IF it comes the 18th there is a good chance you can get it the 19th/20th depending on where you're located and how fast the shipping is.

I'm pretty sure they might ship out of California and Texas. There may be other locations I'm not familiar with since I am on the west coast and this is where I have often received them from.
    08-12-11 01:43 PM
    I have had EXTREMELY fast service with them when ordering online. I have placed an order after 5PM on a Monday and received it in my office by 10AM on Tuesday. If you order early on the 18th (assuming you can) and request expedited shipping I would expect you should have it on the morning of the 19th...
    08-12-11 01:47 PM
    i will talk to them. i will pay extra for shippping if need be
    08-12-11 01:48 PM
    Just got off the phone with Verizon rep and she had no clue about any pre-orders and even said it may be a couple of more weeks.
    08-12-11 01:48 PM
    i guess it a hit or miss with the reps

any1 know if i can pre order at 12:01 am monday the 15th
    08-12-11 01:52 PM
    Just did the online chat:

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative to assist you with your order. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Jarrod'

Jarrod: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

You: Hi. Is it true I will be able to pre-order the Blackberry 9930 on August 15th?

Jarrod: I'm sorry but I'm not to sure about that. You will just have to check back with us on that but I have not heard of anything on that.

You: Ok. Thanks.
    08-12-11 01:58 PM
    08-12-11 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD