Hello there,
    i have one question about installing a new OS.
    When i upgraded, can i just connect the phone to computer, and run Apploader to install the new version FW, or must i have to use BBSAK to wipe all the things?
    i ask this, because, i just upgraded to .503 using only the Apploader, and my phone password and my emails accounts arent clean. But everything else was wipe it off.

thanks for your help
    11-15-11 09:08 AM
    What I do is a security wipe on my phone and then upgrade via desktop manager. After deleting the vendor file. BBsak is somewhat problematic, cant get it to work reliably. I think the important thing is to wipe the apps and other non os data before upgrading.
    11-15-11 09:23 AM
    Hello there,
    When i upgraded, can i just connect the phone to computer, and run Apploader to install the new version FW, or must i have to use BBSAK to wipe all the things?
    i ask this, because, i just upgraded to .503 using only the Apploader, and my phone password and my emails accounts arent clean. But everything else was wipe it off.

thanks for your help
    BBSAK is an extra step and totally up to the user. Apploader will temporarily back up your data while performing a complete wipe during the loading process, then restore after the new software has been loaded.
    11-15-11 11:25 AM
    Hello there,
    I have done OS upgrades on my last 3 BB phones (Pearl -> 9000 -> now 9900) many many times, and have never done a wipe prior. I find that the loader.exe routine works very well. I run on BES, so I don't worry too much about emails / calendar / contacts --- all of that stuff will reset itself from the corporate server.

I don't understand what you mean by "my phone password and my emails accounts aren't clean". Did you want your emails and your password settings to be reset / cleaned out as a result of the OS upgrade?
    11-15-11 11:59 AM
    yes,
    i want to wipe it all, start from the zero point
    11-15-11 12:08 PM
    yes,
    Ok, from the home page go to Options ("the wrench") and then Security -> Security Wipe. Very simple, nukes everything except the BES IT policy.

If you're on BES, there's also a way to get rid of the IT policy on the phone. Go here for more info:
    KB14202-How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone
    11-15-11 12:44 PM
    yes,
    Ok, from the home page go to Options ("the wrench") and then Security -> Security Wipe. Very simple, nukes everything except the BES IT policy.

If you're on BES, there's also a way to get rid of the IT policy on the phone. Go here for more info:
    KB14202-How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone
    @ taita: FYI: this won't wipe the OS. You'll need a third party desktop program like BBSAK, BBMCP, BB Boss v2.2, BBHTool, etc, if you want to wipe your data & settings AND your OS.

Just curious, why are you concerned about wiping these now when you also say you never bothered doing it this way before?
    11-16-11 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD