Why in the world would BB make the battery door impossiple to pull off..I cant think of any logical reason
    12-24-11 01:00 PM
    so that people don't loose their battery and battery door too.
    Mikey112 likes this.
    12-24-11 01:05 PM
    Mine (3mts old) was always easy to open, however 2 week old girlfriends (cover) is very tight. I noticed a few other build differences, in particular around the track pad button area, the back light shows through more on hers.

Anyway, with the full keyboard I just use alt+rightshift+del instead of a battery pull, cant remember when i last had to take the cover off.
    12-24-11 03:35 PM
    So crackberry.com will have a reason to exist. I have no problem with it. Finger nail, open.
    what happens if you are male and you dont have "nails"?
    12-24-11 03:54 PM
    Funny you mention this.

My battery door is extremely tight. To the point that it hurts your fingernails. I would imagine that mine is on the upper end of the tightness spectrum for 9900 battery doors.

It is a mission every time that tends to p*ss me off but it is worth it as you know the compartment is safe. It is a good thing that these doors are tight but some, like mine, are a bit excessive.
    12-24-11 03:54 PM
    My 9930 had an extremely tight battery door at first but now comes off fairly easily. Like some said use a dime for now and wrap your shirt around it to avoid scratching.

I guess with all the complaints about loose battery doors in the past RIM wanted to make sure that's not an issue now.
    12-24-11 04:02 PM
    I am quite professional at it
    12-24-11 04:19 PM
    I found that I could not open the batter door on my 9900 with my finger nail; it only opens by using my thumb nail. Not sure if it's the leverage or what. My nails are very short (almost non-existent), so I'm thinking it has more to do with leverage than nail length. When I first go my 9900, I tried to remove the battery door with my finger nail for several minutes with not success; first try with thumb nail and it popped right off.
    12-24-11 06:24 PM
    Stop biting them and use a dime until they grow out.
    Haha. WORD!
    12-24-11 06:36 PM
    yeah i know that method already, but i do favor to pull out the battery cover and pull the battery instead
    FACT - Alt+Right Cap+Del 2 times (2nd time before it reboots to the home screen) IS A BATTERY PULL

Favor your battery pull all you like - but there is absolutely NO difference between what I just described - and you pulling the battery, except the possibility of breaking your nails or the battery door in the process!
    12-24-11 06:38 PM
    takes me 1.4 sec to open the back door..dont see why u have a problem here :>
    12-24-11 06:40 PM
    yeah i know that method already, but i do favor to pull out the battery cover and pull the battery instead
    Would you do that to a laptop?
    12-24-11 08:15 PM
    never had an issue with mine or wifes. battery pull takes 10 sec max for open, pull, wait few secs, insert, pop door back on. this door was one of the things i liked about 99xx from day 1
    12-25-11 01:53 AM
    When I first got mine, it was such a pain taking it off. It was extremely tight. But eventually it got easier to pull it off. I guess it takes time
    12-25-11 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD