okay, i'm looking into the 9930. coming from Storm 2. i have never had a physical keyboard since dumb fones. i think i can master the awesome keyboard you guys speak of, but what about one hand typing when you have something else in your other hand....ie...steering wheel.

Just checking in with the "flagship" BB users....sigh
    08-18-11 12:05 PM
    I find the KB fine with one hand. The 9900 is bigger but then the keyboard is, too!
    08-18-11 12:08 PM
    Just takes practice. You'll get used to it. I learned to type without looking with very minimal mistakes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 12:12 PM
    okay, i'm looking into the 9930. coming from Storm 2. i have never had a physical keyboard since dumb fones. i think i can master the awesome keyboard you guys speak of, but what about one hand typing when you have something else in your other hand....ie...steering wheel.

you have to be kidding

...IE ... DON'T BE A MORON

texting and driving?
    man do you want to kill someone?

get VLingo...
    08-18-11 12:14 PM
    you shouldn't type and drive...if you kill yourself it's bad luck, if you kill (or injure) another it's unforgivable...
    08-18-11 12:15 PM
    love ya guys...i was just playin. lets change the example. lets say you have a naked hot wife in your other hand. and before you even start.....my wife.

i can hear you guys now...."messin with someone else's wife is....."

Come on CB nation....lighten up.
    08-18-11 01:19 PM
    i text and drive all the time, it takes a little time to get used to but you'll get the hang of it.

used to have storm 2 to
    08-18-11 01:27 PM
    I am in exact same position as you; I had dumb phones then I had the BB Storm 1 and then Storm 2. Been using touch screens for three years, and never thought I would change.

I'm different, however. I liked my Storm 2 - I could type SO, SO quickly on it. Double the speed of my friends who had normal BBs.

I, however, just upgraded to the Bold 9900 today and I must say - it is a wonderful phone and so far I have no regrets. It will, of course, take a week to get used to typing. But the user experience is phenomenal. I love it!
    08-18-11 01:37 PM
    will some one please "thank me"? i dont have one yet.....i thought for sure the above ie would get one....or a "like" or something im trying to be one of the guys

back on topic. i am gonna miss sure type....but I will give the 9930 a shot. worst case.....sell it on ebay for $500 (paid 200)....give to wife and use her upgrade to get 9850 for me. IF big red ever gets it.
    Spawn12 likes this.
    08-18-11 01:37 PM
    okay but what about one hand typing when you have something else in your other hand....ie...steering wheel.

You're joking about the steering wheel right ?
    08-18-11 01:51 PM
    I am betting not
    08-18-11 01:52 PM
    still talking about the steering wheel?

he asked for opinions and all he has gotten is a "dont text and drive" speech

just let the steering wheel go (see what i did there) bwahahahaha
    08-18-11 01:54 PM
    Using 2 hands i'm typing by far the fastest on the 9900 than any other phone - no contest.

Single-handed I'd say I was a bit faster on the Torch using the suretype keyboard.
    08-18-11 01:59 PM
    My first phone was a Treo 700w. I could type on that with zero problems after the initial learning phase.

I am glad to be back within the physical crowd and with just 2 days in I can see myself getting back to form.

Ok kind of a fun question. If you can type without looking at your phone what does it matter if 1 hand is off the steering wheel. 1 hand and both eyes on the road is safe. It is the yahoos that put head phones in their ears while driving that are bad. Ok there are a lot of bad drivers that do stupid things.

EDIT: Of course when I am typing one handed while holding the steering wheel I am dialing a phone number then putting the phone on the dash board for because I go bluetooth in the car.
    08-18-11 02:14 PM
    yea, Im pretty handy with my storm2 with one hand. i was just wondering say: phone in right hand.....trying to hit keys on far left with my right thumb.

Oh and i cant txt and drive------9 and 11 yr old daughters or should I say, future law enf.
    08-18-11 02:30 PM
    yea, Im pretty handy with my storm2 with one hand. i was just wondering say: phone in right hand.....trying to hit keys on far left with my right thumb.

Oh and i cant txt and drive------9 and 11 yr old daughters or should I say, future law enf.
    Ok i seriously want to knock you out!! It is against the law in most states and in most provinces here in Canada! Don't be a tool, actually I hope you are a tool and text and drive and do something like hit a pole or a tree cause you are not paying attention.

Apps like Drive.sly or whatever it is are made for this reason!
    08-18-11 02:45 PM
    this guy is nuts....did you read my previous post? Lighten up! its called animated dialogue....just sprucing up an otherwise mondane topic.
    08-18-11 04:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD