Calm down, it's not even that bad... Just jump to the latest OS and you should be fine.
    P.s it's quite ironic if you're jumping ship to htc running android because of the battery. Your Htc's battery will be worse.
    Actually, the reviews of the North American HTC One series tout a 'stellar' battery life...
    07-15-12 04:27 PM
    When I got my first 9900 last August, on a trip to California, I had brought two batteries with me and I was switching batteries around just after lunch as I relied a lot on google maps. Suffice it to say, I was not impressed compared to the battery life I got before with the 9780, 9700, etc.

Switching to a S2, battery life was similar to the 9900, so basically crappy.

Now being back with the 9900 for the last couple of months, I noticed a huge improvement with .523. Basically, if I wasn't using the phone, the battery wasn't dropping at all and for regular communication like activities (email, light surfing), I find it is really quite good. If I'm using certain apps though (maybe google maps) then I find it can drain pretty fast.

Compare this to my S2 which I still use and even with a lot of apps frozen, it still goes through battery life something fierce when I use it (dropping 20% on 1 hour bus ride into work in the am). I think this is due to the network access though as if I use my S2 without the SIM card in it (using WiFi for example), the battery life is pretty good.

My point being I think RIM has made some good strides in .523 in eliminating battery drain so that it only uses juice when it needs to so it lasts a lot longer. It may still not be as good as the old BB's, but far better than it was when it first came out and back to being better than say my S2.
    07-15-12 05:44 PM
    I think u guys are forget something, 9900 has the double of mhz than the 9700 or the 9780, also a smaller battery, so in sum, you have a poor battery life if u compare with previous devices. I'm not defending RIM, they MUST have put a better battery in the 9900, i hope with BB10 we will have a great device with a great battery life.

Regards
    07-15-12 08:41 PM
    I'm not happy with my battery after day three. It doesn't last all day. Albeit I'm taking a social media sabbatical this week. I'm sure that will help battery life...
    whitbags likes this.
    07-15-12 09:53 PM
    Calm down, it's not even that bad... Just jump to the latest OS and you should be fine.
    P.s it's quite ironic if you're jumping ship to htc running android because of the battery. Your Htc's battery will be worse.
    Well lets wait and see. Buky, please come back and update us in a few days.
    07-16-12 12:09 AM
    I haven't had the 9900 that long but so far so good on battery life. last all day just like my 9860.
    07-16-12 01:26 AM
    Well lets wait and see. Buky, please come back and update us in a few days.
    Well I don't think that I coming back right now. My bb is packed and ready for sale. I'm gonna wait till next year bb10 come out. But I will also wait for bb with keyboard not with touch screen.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One V mit Tapatalk 2
    07-16-12 03:05 AM
    yeah i'm not too thrill about the battery life on this device. this is the only con for me on this device. it is not good compare to my 9700. but i love the touchscreen, the bigger screen size and keyboard, and the slick look.
    07-16-12 07:57 AM
    I'm back. With bbsak i've done a full wipe and then installed 7.1.0.284.

My battery problems are solved, i think. Now i get 1.5 - 2 days with normal usage.
    Similar like any other phone that i owned.

With .352 and .523 I get maybe 12 Hours.

Also tested navigation again. From my house to work i have 30km.
    Navigating with Wisepilot 25min, drained battery approx. 9%. This is normal like any other phone.

Comparing with last Saturday when i was navigation with .523, that drained battery 40% in 30 minutes.

Exellent i'm gonna keep my bb now, and i think i will never update this device again.

Still Htc One V is better in terms of battery. You can use the phone over 2 days with heavy usage. Awsome.
    07-20-12 11:49 AM
    I am considering coming back again to BlackBerry & the 9900 because I miss the keypad & ease of messaging...but each time I'm ready to make the jump, I remember how astonished I was as the horrible battery life I experienced when I had mine, even compared to the iPhone 4s I was using...and have returned to.

There is MUCH more "going on" with other devices like iPhone than there is with the 9900...and RIM should be ashamed to release this "flagship" device that can't even hold a battery charge for one full work day of use.

I'm not a troll...I'm actually a very disappointed fan. I still might jump back to Black, but it will take me finding a sure cure for the battery drain. Until then, my iPhone 4s is still at 40-50% after a 10-12 hour work day with moderate use!
    07-21-12 07:05 AM
    My wife has iphone 4s. The problem is she has to turn 3g off, otherwise it will suck the battery like . .
    Last edited by buky; 07-21-12 at 09:34 AM.
    07-21-12 09:26 AM
    There is MUCH more "going on" with other devices like iPhone than there is with the 9900...and RIM should be ashamed to release this "flagship" device that can't even hold a battery charge for one full work day of use.
    I don't think this is true. From everything I've read, the majority of programs on iOS stop running the minute you start something else. Only specific classes of apps are allowed to keep something going in the background after it no longer has focus.

BlackBerries on the other hand keep running the majority of apps until you close them yourself.

In terms of services that run in the background, I'm not sure what you think is running on iOS that doesn't have a counterpart on BlackBerries? GPS, messaging, telephony, alarms and notifications etc must run in the background on any modern platform.

I'm not a troll...I'm actually a very disappointed fan. I still might jump back to Black, but it will take me finding a sure cure for the battery drain. Until then, my iPhone 4s is still at 40-50% after a 10-12 hour work day with moderate use!
    I really wonder why there is such variation in battery life on the Bold. I personally can go about 36 hours on average from full to dead.
    07-21-12 08:25 PM
    I just got my Bold 9900 and am super disappointed in the battery life too...other than that, I love it. I figure if it ever gets really bad, I'll just buy another battery. But I did expect something better.
    07-22-12 04:22 AM
    I know that the battery life of Bold 9900 is bad.

I have charged yesterday evening to 100%.
    Tomorrow at morning the battery was at 76% without doing anything.

After lunch at 14 Clock i have to go out of the city to one shop. The battery was at 47%.
    I have started Navigation App Wise Pilot from App World. The Navigation distance was 32km.

It was half hour drive with a car. It works actually fine with Wise pilot.
    But after we came to shop the led started to blinking and after couple of minutes, the battery symbol was red, and it turned automatic the network completly off.

Actually i have the cable from android phone and car charger in my car, but after plugging bb to the car charger, a message appear on the display that i can't charge it.

What ??? I could charge every phone with this only with bb won't work.

Well what shoud i say. Half hour navigating drained battery from 47% to 0%.
    I came back to home with died phone.

I dont think that this is normal behavior.

I dont know how do you guys lives with so bad battery life of bb, but for me this is simple
    unusable phone.

I actually like bb 9900 very much, but now I'm forced to sell it on ebay.
    This is simply not acceptable.
    Before updating to Sprint's latest OS for the 9930 (was on .267) I could go to bed with a full charge & wake up & would still have 92%. Now I'm experiencing the same drop you are overnight with my alerts turned off. I woke up today and was at 78%. Gonna do another battery pull and give it another day to settle in. Really disappointed at this point.
    07-22-12 10:17 AM
    Well .284 is amazing in terms of battery life
    07-22-12 11:41 AM
    Before updating to Sprint's latest OS for the 9930 (was on .267) I could go to bed with a full charge & wake up & would still have 92%. Now I'm experiencing the same drop you are overnight with my alerts turned off. I woke up today and was at 78%. Gonna do another battery pull and give it another day to settle in. Really disappointed at this point.
    Just wanted to update. Since I hadn't changed any apps on my bb I figured it had to be the OS that was the problem. However after deleting BeBuzz, which I have used and loved for a long time, my battery life is now back to normal, in fact even better. I'm gonna miss those pretty LED colors and may try "Advance" or CORE in the future. Think I'm just gonna let things settle for a few days.
    07-24-12 09:48 AM
    Just wanted to update. Since I hadn't changed any apps on my bb I figured it had to be the OS that was the problem. However after deleting BeBuzz, which I have used and loved for a long time, my battery life is now back to normal, in fact even better. I'm gonna miss those pretty LED colors and may try "Advance" or CORE in the future. Think I'm just gonna let things settle for a few days.
    There is an update due in the next few days for Advance OS and LED so I would keep an eye out for it before you give it a try.

It has a very small footprint and does not activate ARM in the .5XX Os's

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-soon-736567/
    07-24-12 09:59 AM
    There is an update due in the next few days for Advance OS and LED so I would keep an eye out for it before you give it a try.

It has a very small footprint and does not activate ARM in the .5XX Os's

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-soon-736567/
    Thanks. Appreciate the input.
    07-24-12 01:03 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD