The 9930 and the PlayBook really are the ultimate combo for me. My Phone lets me communicate and task manage extremely efficiently, and the very portable PB assists my phone and allows me to use Flash websites, game, enjoy media away from the 50 inch, and create/edit Word, Excel, and Powerpoint docs. anywhere from a couch to the beach or mountains at zero extra cost. I think the PB and 99x0 is best mobile combo available.
    12-26-11 10:28 AM
    Just Discovered that when the Playbook is Bridged to the Bold 9900 or other smartphone if you recieve a call it shows up on your Playbook screen, this means you can have your phone on silent and still know when you are being called. kinda cool me thinks, loving the playbook Ipad2 3g not getting much use at the moment
    12-27-11 08:18 PM
    I am a little curious to find out if there are a fair number of people out there like me. I bought the Playook on sale, absolutely fell in love with it, and then decided that I needed to make the jump to a Blackberry phone. So far I am absolutely loving the 9900/Playbook combo!!
    danimalchil likes this.
    12-28-11 02:05 AM
    While in general I hate all things Apple and love my 9700 Bold and 4 prior berries, to be honest I would not trade my wife's iPad for my PB. Maybe once 2.0 comes out and there are native basic apps, spell correct, Netflix, etc. I might feel differently. While I'm impressed with my PB's h/w (screen, sound, swipes) it is very much a work in progress. Typing on it is especially frustrating. Yet for $250 my 32g was a low cost fun item.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-11 04:05 AM
    My girl and I went on a road trip about 2 weeks ago. She spent the entire time on the PB while I drove, all the while bridged to my 9930 and at no extra charges from Verizon.
    It truly is the perfect combo. The PB makes up for the the lost screen real estate on my bold.
    12-29-11 11:40 AM
    Since everyone is talking about there awesome PB bridge to BB phone experiences I though I would add my 0.02.

So Christmas morning as everyone is opening gifts at my mom place my oldest brother opens the gift I got him. To his amaze it was a 9650, He needed and upgrade from his 8330, yes I said 8330. He's jumping up and down and is ridiculously happy and at that moment my older brother says to me, "why did you get him a phone from a company that is going bankrupt?" I ignore him and pull out my PB, and at that moment everything stops and my sister goes "There's a smaller Ipad?" I repond: "No this is Blackberry's Tablet", she gives me the oddest look like Blackberry has a tablet?

So moving forward my older brother start telling me how I wasted my money and how dumb I was for not having an Ipad. So after 10 mins i finally had enough and said "Can you check ESPN on your Ipad?" He goes No I don't know the Wifi code.

Smiling slyly I go "Wow all that money on your fancy Ipad and you cant even get on the internet? Well with my crappy PB I can surf the internet, BBM my oldest brother (He had his 9650 up and running) write a contract on Word to Go, Play a slideshow on Slideshow to go, and access my files from my 9700 (I know, I know I'm getting a 9900 for my Birthday next week) and watch flash enabled video. By that time the room was silent and my older brother looks at me and goes "Is the Playbook still on sale"

Ha! It was a crowing moment for me as he is the family supposed tech guru!

love my PB and I ended up get another one cause my GF stole mine!
    12-29-11 06:36 PM
    Since everyone is talking about there awesome PB bridge to BB phone experiences I though I would add my 0.02.

So Christmas morning as everyone is opening gifts at my mom place my oldest brother opens the gift I got him. To his amaze it was a 9650, He needed and upgrade from his 8330, yes I said 8330. He's jumping up and down and is ridiculously happy and at that moment my older brother says to me, "why did you get him a phone from a company that is going bankrupt?" I ignore him and pull out my PB, and at that moment everything stops and my sister goes "There's a smaller Ipad?" I repond: "No this is Blackberry's Tablet", she gives me the oddest look like Blackberry has a tablet?

So moving forward my older brother start telling me how I wasted my money and how dumb I was for not having an Ipad. So after 10 mins i finally had enough and said "Can you check ESPN on your Ipad?" He goes No I don't know the Wifi code.

Smiling slyly I go "Wow all that money on your fancy Ipad and you cant even get on the internet? Well with my crappy PB I can surf the internet, BBM my oldest brother (He had his 9650 up and running) write a contract on Word to Go, Play a slideshow on Slideshow to go, and access my files from my 9700 (I know, I know I'm getting a 9900 for my Birthday next week) and watch flash enabled video. By that time the room was silent and my older brother looks at me and goes "Is the Playbook still on sale"

Ha! It was a crowing moment for me as he is the family supposed tech guru!

love my PB and I ended up get another one cause my GF stole mine!
    hah great story man!! i would like to share another happy camper story!

i bought the 9900 a month after release and have been loving it. my dad bought me the 16gig playbook for christmas and now that i have the combo of 9900 and PB i feel like a god.

i am from vancouver where tons of people have blackberries and when i pull out my playbook along with my 9900 i am looked at as a tech god, in a good way. when im blazing with my buddies i bust out the pb stream flash instantly. play music and games all with the flick of a finger. my dad has the ipad 2 but i hate that apple os. the new pb os is in awesome, so sleek and easy to use.

now if only i can get my 9900 battery to last a bit longer. when i first updated to 7.1 my battery increased almost 3 fold. now it seems to barely last 8 hours... might go to the bell store and see if i have a faulty battery
    12-29-11 08:05 PM
    While most of the people I know are switching to iphones, I am still madly in love with my 9930/16 gb PB. These are the best purchases I have ever made considering how much I use them both. Once in awhile I switch over to my DroidX2 to see if I am "missing" anything by sticking with my BB combo. I can't take more than a day with the Droid........I go right back to my BB. This is the best combination ever!
    12-29-11 08:42 PM
    I'm still impressed with it and just upgraded to a 32GB as I'm finding more uses for it in my life.
    12-29-11 09:57 PM
    took the plunge today!

had PB for a while with 8330 Bridged (super slow).

Any pointers with my new 9930 (unlimited with Sprint)?
    12-29-11 10:40 PM
    Just ordered a 32 gig pb from amazon for 285 w/free shipping! The price has already gone up since last night. I feel like a 9 year old kid waiting for christmas. it will be here some time after the weekend. Can't wait to try the bridge with my 9930!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by albee 1; 12-29-11 at 11:00 PM.
    12-29-11 10:55 PM
    Glad to here some are have realized that Apple is not as Juicy as Blackberry!

The PB and any of the Latest Blackberry Smartphone is a sensible choice unless you need to crank up some serious workload in that case use your Laptop.

My Ipad is lying dormant and it looks like that is how it is going to stay.

If you want to complement your 9900 or other likewise Blackberry Get a PB you wont regret it
    12-30-11 02:18 PM
    What does the bridge do to the already terrible battery on the 9900?
    12-30-11 03:10 PM
    My Battery lasts all day so not having any problem using the play book, used it for 4 hours yesterday bridged and phone was still over 50% charged Try it!
    12-31-11 02:18 AM
    Was at my brother-in-laws for christmas eve. He is an avid Apple user and has anything and everything Apple.

He was trying to show us his new website, and low and behold, couldn't show us the pictures because NO FLASH!!!

Pulled out my playbook and voila!!! Great feeling being a blackberry guy. No one else knew too much about the Playbook and were amazed when they say it.
    12-31-11 07:45 AM
    Got a white 9900 and 32gb playbook. bridge is great, although sometimes buggy.

Installing OS 2.0 beta tomorrow.
    12-31-11 03:32 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD