This is being typed on a playbook while using the Blackberry Bridge App. which is amazing!

No need to tether just set up the Blackberry Bridge fist time and thats it. As soon as you switch on the Playbook just press the Bridge Browser type Crackberry, log in and type a new thread.

It was that simple! If that was all it did it would be worth the money they currently cost but there is more a whole lot more and it is very nicely done too. I have a 32g 3g Ipad and this is far better when you are on the move for sure!

The screen quality is amazing it is a perfect extention to the Bold 9900, it makes complete sense, freedom to type,browse etc. on the same 3g contract with no extra charges, all on a bigger screen which does not need a man bag to carry lol!

Yes, the software is currently not as good as the Ipad but it is not a million miles away either, check one out after the holidays and you will see my point, probably get a bargain too on probably the most undersold and underated piece of Blackberry kit ever!!

Blackberry have done this piece of kit such a injustice its brilliant yet hardly spoken about positively in tech circles, along with all the price reductions since its release the image of the Playbook has taken a hammering unjustly.

Lets change that!

1.Playbook bridged with a Bold 9900 or any other compatible device (I dont know them all some input please) is better on the move than an Ipad for sure I know I have one.

2.The Feature that allows you to scoll from one App to another is fantastic, without pressing any buttons may I add.

3.The size is perfect whilst moving around.

Over to you Blackberry Nuts list your favourites!

Lets tell the Blackberry world what Brackberry themselves failed to tell us about Playbook Bridged!!

Happy Holidays!
    Last edited by White9900; 12-26-11 at 04:31 AM. Reason: To add My favourite benefits of the Playbook Bridged that Blackberry themselves failed to tell me!
    12-24-11 09:39 AM
    This is being typed on a playbook while using the Blackberry Bridge App. which is amazing!

No need to tether just set up the bridge fist time and thats it as soon as you switch on the Playbook just press the bridge browser type Crackbery log in and type a new thread.

it was that simple! If that was all it did it would be worth the money they currently cost but there is more a whole lot more and it is very nicely done too. i have a 32g 3g Ipad and this is better on the go for sure!

The screen quality is amazing it is a perfect extention to the Bold 9900 it makes sense, freedom to type,browse etc. on the same contract all on a bigger screen which does not need a man bag lol!

Yes the software is not as good as the Ipad but it is not a million miles away, check one out after the holidays and you will see my point, probably get a bargain too on probably the most undersold and underated piece of Blackberry ever!!

Happy holidays to all my fellow Blackberry nuts!
    Just to throw it in there, I'm doing the exact same thing right now Love the combination of these 2 devices! I personally like the PlayBook interface much better than iPad and of course the size as well. Just remember when saying that the software is not as good that QNX on the PB is still a work in progress. Keep enjoying it as it will only get better.
    12-24-11 09:51 AM
    Aye, it sure beats my old Curve 3G. I can't wait for an official 7.1 release so I can use H+ instead of Bluetooth for the browser.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-24-11 10:19 AM
    I agree, the BB PB and BB 9930 bridged operates very smooth.
    12-24-11 01:14 PM
    Indeed, the best possible combo.
    12-24-11 01:16 PM
    Agreed, best of both worlds. Intuitive and user friendly touch interface from the QNX PlayBook, and the amazing keyboard on the Bold 9900.
    12-24-11 02:32 PM
    I love my 9900 + PB combo. Can't wait till 7.1 (TMO) and PB 2.0 OS hits. Most of my friends and family have iPads/iPhones (or Androids), but I'm sticking with, and loving, my BB/PB combo.
    12-24-11 05:31 PM
    i am using the Playbook and my fiancee was using her aunt's iPad trying to watch Amazon instant video but...surprise, no flash support. yet another way in which the Playbook rules. Too bad RIM doesn't know how to toot their own horn. Bridge alone savesme $30 a month in tethering fees.
    i too have a 9930 and bridged to the Pb, this is an awesome combination.
    12-24-11 07:46 PM
    Only thing is how long did it take you to post that comment on your PB? I still prefer hands down using the BB keyboard over the PB. Wish they would update the UI.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-11 07:49 PM
    sorry if this was already discussed. I'm on at&t 9900 and my next project is to get PB. Do I be able to bridge them out ? i remember at&t disabled it a while ago.
    12-24-11 07:59 PM
    I'm waiting on my upgrade in April to get the 9930, but in the mean time, I'm using my 9650 to bridge with the PlayBook, I've been doing this since May and watched the bridge get better and better over the past few months. This without a doubt seperates the PlayBook from other tablets and IMO is one of the reasons it has the potential to be the BEST
    Last edited by spencerdl; 12-24-11 at 08:44 PM.
    12-24-11 08:13 PM
    got my 9900 and 32 gig playbook for 625$ total , love both of em!
    12-24-11 08:17 PM
    sorry if this was already discussed. I'm on at&t 9900 and my next project is to get PB. Do I be able to bridge them out ? i remember at&t disabled it a while ago.
    The short answer is yes it will work with a little effort on your part. You will need to delete the Bridge app on your phone, reboot, than go to
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-7-4-a-621230/
    and download the OTA version for your OS. After that you will be golden.
    Merry Christmas
    12-24-11 08:26 PM
    The short answer is yes it will work with a little effort on your part. You will need to delete the Bridge app on your phone, reboot, than go to
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-7-4-a-621230/
    and download the OTA version for your OS. After that you will be golden.
    Merry Christmas
    Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to you and Your family !!!

Thank you your helpful post dear. Now this forces me to get ASAP PB, but can't decide yet which one i should get 32 or 64 GB, forget about 16.

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to fellow members here in this site !!!
    12-24-11 08:37 PM
    If you listen to a lot of music and tend to leave movies on your PB go with 64 in my opinion. I watch a movie and than delete it and transfer others on. I store them on an external drive with 1 t capacity. My 16 G is sufficient for me. I also use it for accessing quit a bit of tech PDF files and Doc.
    12-24-11 09:03 PM
    Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to you and Your family !!!

Thank you your helpful post dear. Now this forces me to get ASAP PB, but can't decide yet which one i should get 32 or 64 GB, forget about 16.

Merry Christmas and Happy new Year to fellow members here in this site !!!
    I have the 32gb and although I have run out of space nearly due to loading it with movies, I find that I really didn't need to keep them ALL on there anyhow. So after a while I just do a PB house cleaning and get the old off of there. I archive them on my external HDD anyway right? No real need to carry all of them everywhere. Another solution if movies and music are what's making you want the 64, then put your stuff in the cloud and stream to PB over the net. Zero space used on the PB now I keep most of my "on the go" music on my Bold 9930 anyway.
    joju58 likes this.
    12-24-11 10:00 PM
    If you listen to a lot of music and tend to leave movies on your PB go with 64 in my opinion. I watch a movie and than delete it and transfer others on. I store them on an external drive with 1 t capacity. My 16 G is sufficient for me. I also use it for accessing quit a bit of tech PDF files and Doc.
    Thanks for another informative reply.
    12-24-11 11:26 PM
    I too find the 16gb more than adequate simply by managing the media...particularly with bridge to my 9900 where I have a 32gb card. The PB isn't a real replacement for a laptop if you need a lot of heavy lifting to be done on the road. I use the PB as a light duty business tool and portable web browser which it excels at.
    12-25-11 01:19 AM
    Does the bridge app work with any bb phone and any carrier?
    I have the Torch 9810 with ATT my gf has the curve.....something.

And do playbooks all have wifi? I am thinking of getting the 32 gig for myself and the 16 for her with pink case or something
    12-25-11 01:24 AM
    Well its Christmas day here in London, I am getting ready to put on a few pounds so I thought I would go for a brisk walk took my Playbook, works really well on the move!

Only had this for 3 days and I am hooked!

Blackberry have done this piece of kit such a injustice its brilliant yet hardly spoken about positively in tech circles, along with all the price reductions since its release the image of the Playbook has taken a hammering unjustly.

Lets change that!

1.Playbook bridged with a Bold 9900 or any other compatible device (I dont know them all some input please) is better on the move than an Ipad for sure I know I have one.

2.The Feature that allows you to scoll from one App to another is fantastic, without pressing any buttons may I add.

3.The size is perfect whilst moving around.

Over to you Blackberry Nuts list your favourites!

Lets tell the Blackberry world what Brackberry themselves failed to tell us about Playbook Bridged!!

Happy Holidays!
    12-25-11 03:11 AM
    got my 9900 and 32 gig playbook for 625$ total , love both of em!
    Only the equivalent of $1.500 for me.....
    12-25-11 04:42 AM
    Does the bridge app work with any bb phone and any carrier?
    I have the Torch 9810 with ATT my gf has the curve.....something.

And do playbooks all have wifi? I am thinking of getting the 32 gig for myself and the 16 for her with pink case or something
    All PB's have WiFi. Bridge works with all carriers but AT&T requires you to delete the stock Bridge that comes from App World and download the OTA version that can be found here
    http://www.google.com/url?q=http://f...jJhtb_f2pSUKnQ
    12-25-11 12:47 PM
    Congrats on your BB 9900 and PlayBook Combo! It is def the greatest most epic mobile combo ever. EVER.

12-26-11 12:28 AM
    I am considering picking up the PlayBook tomorrow. When you're bridged and using it as a data router for the PlayBook can you still make and receive calls and text on your 9900??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-11 01:22 AM
    Yes you can still make calls! Buy you will love it!
    12-26-11 04:33 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD