Other than not being able to do close up shots, I'm fine with the camera on the 9930. For 90% of my photo taking, it's been serving me well. (Although I have a time or 3 pulled out my Style 9670 for a close up and Bluetoothed it to my bold) :P
    I simply don't have any problems. I think its user error.
    03-05-12 09:08 PM
    I simply don't have any problems. I think its user error.

No its lack of autofocus, 3 million+ people on this forum have blurry pics if they have or will switch to the 9900/9930 its all explained above.

Its not user error.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    anon(73368) likes this.
    03-05-12 11:25 PM
    No its lack of autofocus, 3 million+ people on this forum have blurry pics if they have or will switch to the 9900/9930 its all explained above.

Its not user error.

Wow crackberry has grown some serious numbers. I'm sorry but the infocus camera has a differant technique for use that many don't realize, just look at my pics
    03-06-12 06:09 AM
    While the 99x0 camera is good:

There's no way it can replace an auto-focus, were you to try a close up with less than a foot of room for the camera.
    03-06-12 06:16 AM
    The camera is the only thing I really miss from the iPhone 4. I loved the lit magnifier app I had for the iPhone. With 55 year old eyes it was very cool.
    03-06-12 06:44 AM
    While the 99x0 camera is good:

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

There's no way it can replace an auto-focus, were you to try a close up with less than a foot of room for the camera.
    Nope, just user error.
    Last edited by boss_hog; 03-06-12 at 08:24 PM.
    03-06-12 01:07 PM
    I only use 42 megapixel phone cameras...anything else simply has too few pixels.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-06-12 02:11 PM
    Nope, just user error.
    Those are terrible, quite honestly.

Here's one with my 1 year old Inspire:
    03-06-12 02:23 PM

Its not user error.

That's absolutely correct and telling it like it is...
    ...It's simply RIM's mistake of not putting AF in it's flagship.
    ...Because it couldn't compete making a thin phone w/out putting an EDOF camera in it.

I still like the BB however - it's just sad they put a Fisher Price camera in their flagship.
    03-06-12 04:36 PM
    As a mobile tech lover, I have to say the iPhone 4S has the best camera I have ever used on a cellphone.
    03-06-12 04:39 PM
    Didn't we beat these type of threads to pulp since like.. half a year ago? lol
    03-06-12 05:04 PM
    Take a picture of your keypad.
    OniBerry likes this.
    03-06-12 05:15 PM
    Nope, just user error.
    LoL! Keep it up, and I'll beat you with the dead horse.

I'm as big a fanboi as you'll find, but can admit the camera on this has limitations. Give it up.
    03-06-12 06:52 PM
    Yeah this is something the next RIM phone needs to address.
    Most new phones have good 8mp+ camera.
    03-06-12 07:04 PM

Is your screen broken?
    03-06-12 09:18 PM
    Exactly how far from those objects were you, when you took those shots?
    03-07-12 06:24 AM
    Exactly how far from those objects were you, when you took those shots?
    8" on the bottom as it was inside of a small a/c unit.The top one probably 10", just far enough to get the entire bill in view.
    03-07-12 08:50 AM
    If RIM come out with great camera on their BB 10 phones, they will be losing a lot of customers. I am in uni and we sometimes take pictures of our lab results in chem, physics and geology. I can't take a good picture of a rock showing all the minerals because of this stupid phone. I alwyas get my friends with iPhones and Androids to email the pics they take.

This is why I call, BlackBerry is a dumb phone.
    03-07-12 09:43 AM
    By no way you can compare the back camera from the iphone 4S to the on in the Bold 9900, also the quality of the videos is amazing.

The bold 9900 is a very inferior phone in everything compared to the iphone 4S, the bold 9900 is only good for BBM, push mail, and the physical keyboard.

The new ipad 3 will have the same type of camera to the iphone 4S, but be prepared in June for the new iphone 5 it will have an even better camera than the 4S.

I don't understand how RIM thinks they will sell more phones than Apple or Android makers offering phones with low technology?
    Last edited by lke1; 03-07-12 at 10:46 AM.
    03-07-12 10:40 AM
    If RIM come out with great camera on their BB 10 phones, they will be losing a lot of customers. I am in uni and we sometimes take pictures of our lab results in chem, physics and geology. I can't take a good picture of a rock showing all the minerals because of this stupid phone. I alwyas get my friends with iPhones and Androids to email the pics they take.

This is why I call, BlackBerry is a dumb phone.

Every phone have its pluses and minuses, you just need to do a research before you get one to satisfy all your needs, it seems to me that you didn't do this research...

03-07-12 01:51 PM
    Someone please tell me what you can't see from these pics.
    03-07-12 02:05 PM
    Someone please tell me what you can't see from these pics.
    We can see them. It's just that they look poopie.

Again, from my outdated daily driver (Inspire):

Now, yours:

Any difference? Oh...just a little.
    Last edited by rdef; 03-07-12 at 02:55 PM.
    03-07-12 02:52 PM
    ...any chance of the next 9900 "upgrade" getting AF with flash, or are we done there? My wheezing little 8900 takes great AF flash pix. Too bad! I talk, I write and I (wanted to) take pictures, that's pretty much all I need. Yep, I almost got one until I saw the EDOF examples here on Crackberry. No thanks, not gonna upgrade yet without a fix for the camera.
    03-07-12 03:00 PM
    ...any chance of the next 9900 "upgrade" getting AF with flash, or are we done there? My wheezing little 8900 takes great AF flash pix. Too bad! I talk, I write and I (wanted to) take pictures, that's pretty much all I need. Yep, I almost got one until I saw the EDOF examples here on Crackberry. No thanks, not gonna upgrade yet without a fix for the camera.
    It hardware, and the camera is great, except close up.

Boss-hog, put a ruler extending from the subject. You seem the only one capable from less than a foot away.
    eBud likes this.
    03-07-12 03:26 PM
    Every phone have its pluses and minuses, you just need to do a research before you get one to satisfy all your needs, it seems to me that you didn't do this research...

But I am in love with the physical keyboard. I did research in to Android phones with good cameras+keyboard only to find out that they are not available in Canada.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 03-07-12 at 04:41 PM.
    03-07-12 04:29 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD