Since I updated to 457, I've had ZERO problems. It's running fast, clean, and smooth. I'm almost afraid to update when the time comes.
    07-30-12 05:29 PM
    So far I haven't had any issues with my 9930 .580. I still have an enabled IT Policy but was told that if you use gmail, the minute you activate the Gmail email account, you get the policy back. I did a factory reset and the IT was gone but 1 email later and IT was back. All in all, .580 is best.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-30-12 09:39 PM
    7.1.0.569 is the best for me too.
    07-30-12 10:07 PM
    What is the IT issue everyone is talking about?
    07-31-12 01:51 AM
    So far I haven't had any issues with my 9930 .580. I still have an enabled IT Policy but was told that if you use gmail, the minute you activate the Gmail email account, you get the policy back. I did a factory reset and the IT was gone but 1 email later and IT was back. All in all, .580 is best.
    That's not the embedded IT Policy that has been present in most .4xx and .5xx builds. Are you sure it's even for Gmail? You automatically create an IT Policy just by enabling Memory Cleaner.
    The embedded IT Policy appears under Options > Device > Device and Status Information. If you type BUYR and scroll down, IT Policy should be Disabled on .580
    07-31-12 04:16 AM
    I have upgraded to .523 two weeks ago and because of *very* positive reports I updated again last saturday to .569
    While it is a bit early to say something about .569, it seems to be even better than the already good .523 - especially the battery life improved even more. Actually I am impressed what kind of stuff RIM still improves with further OS versions.

If I would have to update to a new 7.1 build, I'd rather get .523 or .569 - as of now more in favour of .569
    Before that I have used .318 for months, however those .5xx builds are better in virtually every aspect. Only downside with them would be the sunlight touchscreen issue - which appears to be worse on those newer builds, at least on my Bold.
    07-31-12 04:57 AM
    I'm on .523 and the touchscreen with sunlight issue has been there since the stock 7.0. I just learn to live with it.
    07-31-12 08:32 AM
    Hi Phill. I did as you said and typed in BUYR and on the bottom it said IT Policy Disabled. That's the 1st time I checked BUYR since prior to using .402 and I now have .580 and it indeed says Disabled. Does this now mean I am good; policy free?

Last edited by keyhole; 08-02-12 at 09:40 AM. Reason: This one post can be removed if you'd like. I fixed what I wanted to do which was to include a quote from Phill and get his a
    07-31-12 03:53 PM
    That's not the embedded IT Policy that has been present in most .4xx and .5xx builds. Are you sure it's even for Gmail? You automatically create an IT Policy just by enabling Memory Cleaner.
    The embedded IT Policy appears under Options > Device > Device and Status Information. If you type BUYR and scroll down, IT Policy should be Disabled on .580

Hi Phill- I checked the BUYR and it now says for the 1st time that the "IT Policy is disabled". I haven't tried BUYR since I was on .402. I guess I'm ok now that .580 says "disabled"? In other words I don't have to be concerned with IT Policy any longer?

07-31-12 04:04 PM
    Does this now mean I am good; policy free?
    You're good
    keyhole likes this.
    07-31-12 04:10 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD