Hi guys

I�m I mistaking or wasn�t RIM going to release an official update regarding the bold 9900/9930? Since they regonized the problem many users are having. I remember a statement here on crackberry news.

I�m currently having battery problems with my bold which worked smooth for the first 3-4 months but suddenly is eating my battery much faster than usual. I�m using the v7.0.0.250 that was installed when I bought the phone and was hoping RIM would release an update soon.

Thanks guys
    01-03-12 03:05 AM
    Time to update OS to .590.
    01-03-12 03:30 AM
    Time to update OS to .590.
    Thanks what 590 version would you recommend?
    01-03-12 03:42 AM
    Hi guys

I�m I mistaking or wasn�t RIM going to release an official update regarding the bold 9900/9930? Since they regonized the problem many users are having. I remember a statement here on crackberry news.

I�m currently having battery problems with my bold which worked smooth for the first 3-4 months but suddenly is eating my battery much faster than usual. I�m using the v7.0.0.250 that was installed when I bought the phone and was hoping RIM would release an update soon.

Thanks guys
    Where did they recognize the problem. I am sure they did but they have NOT acknowledged it to us!
    01-03-12 05:13 AM
    They haven't talked about it, because there is nothing to talk about. They looked into it, because people on the internet were talking about it. But they found it is no where near as bad as people on the internet are saying. And most people saying they have a bricked device, are just people who screwed up an OS install or did something else to their phone like drop it or got a power surge while it was plugged in or they got it wet or whatever.

As for the battery life problem, the OS you are using has brutal battery life. I recommend .540.
    ima5exypaki likes this.
    01-03-12 05:54 AM
    I also recommend .540. .590 has also been pretty good for me
    01-03-12 07:33 AM
    I'm guessing that what most want from RIM is acknowledgement about the problem and some form of communication from them that something is, can, can't or will be done about the matter. Fixing the problem without communicating that they have, if they indeed have??????? Business mistake nunber 1.......lack of communication. Or maybe they really do not give a rats.
    01-03-12 07:41 AM
    My RIM rep got back to me on the bricking and this is what he said

"Our investigation on this problem has concluded. Bundle 2391 for 7.0 and bundle 441 for 7.1 are the loads we are now pushing out to the carriers that address this issue."
    01-04-12 07:44 AM

"Our investigation on this problem has concluded. Bundle 2391 for 7.0 and bundle 441 for 7.1 are the loads we are now pushing out to the carriers that address this issue."
    Can anyone back this up?
    01-04-12 10:35 AM

My phone bricked today. Flashing red light, no connectivity via USB whatsoever. Today, a Verizon rep told me that they are expecting a software fix from RIM mid-January.

It's too bad my phone didn't last another few weeks. Refurb here we come...
    01-04-12 12:00 PM
    can we note that .374 is still the most up-to-date official release from verizon?
    01-04-12 12:03 PM
    They haven't talked about it, because there is nothing to talk about. They looked into it, because people on the internet were talking about it. But they found it is no where near as bad as people on the internet are saying. And most people saying they have a bricked device, are just people who screwed up an OS install or did something else to their phone like drop it or got a power surge while it was plugged in or they got it wet or whatever.

As for the battery life problem, the OS you are using has brutal battery life. I recommend .540.
    Do you actually work over at RIM?
    01-04-12 01:05 PM
    Where did they recognize the problem. I am sure they did but they have NOT acknowledged it to us!
    Here is link and, CB also covered it as well.

RIM confirms BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9930 bricking problems, working on a fix | The Verge

http://crackberry.com/rim-confirms-i...oftware-update
    01-04-12 01:15 PM

Not at all.
    I neither screwed up an install nor dropped it in water. I did not have a hybrid. I did not let it go down to 10% nor did it shut off. There was no power surge. It was in my hand in the middle of trying to load a CB page. Then it was in the middle of accessing Google Maps. It simply nuked. Twice.
    Let's not blame users for something that RIM needs to address and has not done so.

There is something to talk about.
    01-04-12 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD