Is it 10 bucks for each month left on the contract plus $149 for the early upgrade? I have 17 months left on a 3 year contract.
    Depends on a few factors. Since you've got 17 months left you're probably on the EDUF renewall system. That means its 5 dollars for every remaining month if you have a feature phone, 10 for every remaining month if you have a smartphone, or 15 for every remaining month if you have an iPhone. If you have a Berry already its 170 dollars to upgrade on your next billand you pay 149.99 for the phone itself in store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    voltaire likes this.
    08-10-11 10:30 PM
    wow great thanks so much for all of your help and explaining it to me i was lost for a minute
    08-10-11 10:30 PM
    yup it's $10 per month remaining on your contract plus the $149
    $10/month? I thought you had to pay off the remaining amount of the device you still owe?

Edit: I'm an ***** lol. I'm seeing either $15/month for iPhone or remaining amount owing on the actual device for small business. Which is valid? Or both? Haha :S. http://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/Upgrades/cs_small_business_before_may_15.shtml?eVar6=link
    Last edited by robots3humans0; 08-10-11 at 10:40 PM.
    08-10-11 10:33 PM
    $10/month? I thought you had to pay off the remaining amount of the device you still owe?

That's for any new contracts signed. The new system is they take the discount given to you for the phone at the time of signing the contract, disperse it over 36 months and each month you stay with them it goes down that much. When you want to upgrade you pay the remainder back. Not sure if you're on the older previously mentioned 10 a month or new upgrade system. Regardless its roughly the same price

08-10-11 10:36 PM
    well from what i know it's the remaining of months left in your contract but i'm still a bit lost so don't quote me on it
    08-10-11 10:38 PM
    Any new info on the 9860? Last I heard its supposed to come out on the 15th?
    08-10-11 10:43 PM
    That's for any new contracts signed. The new system is they take the discount given to you for the phone at the time of signing the contract, disperse it over 36 months and each month you stay with them it goes down that much. When you want to upgrade you pay the remainder back. Not sure if you're on the older previously mentioned 10 a month or new upgrade system. Regardless its roughly the same price

Ahhhh thanks. Makes sense. Sorry for terribly timed posts. Doing this on a phone is a bad idea aha

08-10-11 10:45 PM
    $150 on a 3 year contract ! sweet !
    08-10-11 11:22 PM
    $629.99 to buy it outright?! That's crazy. I sent my 9780 in for repairs a couple of weeks ago. I'm still waiting to hear back from Telus about its status but I figured that if it's a type of damage not covered by warranty, I might as well buy the 9900. But for that price, no way. I renewed my contract last year to get the 9780 so I'd prefer to buy a new phone off-contract. Maybe I'll pick up a 9900 from Rogers and just get it unlocked.
    08-10-11 11:24 PM
    $629.99 to buy it outright?! That's crazy. I sent my 9780 in for repairs a couple of weeks ago. I'm still waiting to hear back from Telus about its status but I figured that if it's a type of damage not covered by warranty, I might as well buy the 9900. But for that price, no way. I renewed my contract last year to get the 9780 so I'd prefer to buy a new phone off-contract. Maybe I'll pick up a 9900 from Rogers and just get it unlocked.
    But, after taxes, isn't the Rogers price the same sort of figure?
    08-10-11 11:58 PM
    Just picked up the Bold 9900 @ Telus. Wicked phone!!!
    08-12-11 02:09 PM
    Telus is now advertising the 9810 and 9900 as the first splash Ad on their Phones page. So some Carriers are pushing the new OS7 phones, if others are not.

https://www.telusmobility.com/en/ON/phones/index.shtml

CS
    08-13-11 03:57 PM

I just picked mine up from Telus yesterday and had 9 months left on my contract. I paid $149 for phone on contract and $40 to buy out the old contract.

By the way I got the leather pouch with the clip on the back. As well its wifi hotspot is working. Every street I pass has a coffe shop on it in bloor west village and it was asking if I wanted to log on.

08-13-11 04:53 PM
    I just picked mine up from Telus yesterday and had 9 months left on my contract. I paid $149 for phone on contract and $40 to buy out the old contract.

By the way I got the leather pouch with the clip on the back. As well its wifi hotspot is working. Every street I pass has a coffe shop on it in bloor west village and it was asking if I wanted to log on.

That is just wifi working, what is meant by wifi hotspot is that Your Phone acts as a hotspot and your laptop(and any device that has your login) can connect to you and use your HSPA+ BIS connection for internet.

CS
    08-13-11 07:27 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD