Hey guys I work for Telus. Not sure if the prices for the 9900 for Telus have been posted yet, so when i found this i thought i'd post it as soon as possible. I got pics coming in a few minutes. 629.99 outright, 579.99 on a 1 year, 529.99 on a 2 year, 349.99 on a three year, and 149.99 on a 3 year with a plan of at least $50. Here's the pic.

Oh, also, no leather holster included in the box like the Rogers Bold, or any mention of Wifi hotspot in the specs.

Pricing for the Torch 9810 below. Coming in White and Zinc Gray.

Last edited by Leviathan123; 08-10-11 at 09:26 PM.
    TyePo and Pegon_Fighter like this.
    08-10-11 08:42 PM
    Thanks for the info, definitely looking forward to picking one up. Do you know an official release date? I have heard the 12th and the 15th.

149.99 is awesome pricing for the 3 year.
    08-10-11 08:47 PM
    Yeah. Official release date is listed as August 12th
    TyePo likes this.
    08-10-11 08:48 PM
    Awesome! I'll be stopping in a telus/futureshop on friday for sure then. Can't wait.
    08-10-11 08:51 PM
    Update. Also have the pricing for the new Torch 9810. 129.99 on a 3 year term and it's coming in Zinc Gray and White for Telus August 12th. Shipment of both these devices to Telus stores is listed as August 11th. Try to get pics up for this one as well as soon as I can
    08-10-11 08:52 PM
    Any chance a store might sell one tomorrow? (9900) Would it even be worth trying?
    08-10-11 08:54 PM
    I can't see that pricing staying with Rogers and Bell charging less. I don't understand where Rogers gets off charging more for the same phone when Bell and Telus are usually charging less but what would be Telus' reason for charging more?
    08-10-11 08:55 PM
    yessss thank you !!! can anyone find out if you can activate this phone on a $40 student plan? i also got $8 caller id if that helps! cuz at the bottom it says that the plan needs to be atleast $50 or more.
    08-10-11 09:11 PM
    To Pegon: The phones no longer require a data plan, but the plan has to be $50 or more to get the promotional price. If you change the plan later in the contract to the point where the price drops below $50 you get charged have the cost of the device. So, yes, the new bold can be put on the Student 40, but it has to have addons that = at least 50 dollars.

Fr3lancer: Do you mean the outright pricing or the contract pricing? To my knowledge, Telus is the cheapest of the big 3 for the 3 year pricing. Not sure of the outright price though.
    Last edited by Leviathan123; 08-10-11 at 09:23 PM.
    08-10-11 09:16 PM
    What the **** is with Canadian pricing on these devices?? Is this RIM or our greedy carriers? We are getting gauged compared to Sprint's released pricing. Doesn't make sense to gauge your most loyal customers, what the **** are they thinking? Makes me furious. If they wanted to stay competitive, why not price competitively? I mean, c'mon, the Galaxy S2 with dual core + 16 gb storage and etc is less than Telus's price (comparing no contract prices). Unbefreakinleivible. I want RIM to succeed and have always supported them, but this is ridiculous.

At least RIM's popularity is low enough that I'll probably just snag one for cheap off of kijiji or something. Anyone else enraged with this pricing? I don't think I'm being unreasonable.
    quik4life likes this.
    08-10-11 09:32 PM
    What the **** is with Canadian pricing on these devices?? Is this RIM or our greedy carriers? We are getting gauged compared to Sprint's released pricing. Doesn't make sense to gauge your most loyal customers, what the **** are they thinking? Makes me furious. If they wanted to stay competitive, why not price competitively? I mean, c'mon, the Galaxy S2 with dual core + 16 gb storage and etc is less than Telus's price (comparing no contract prices). Unbefreakinleivible. I want RIM to succeed and have always supported them, but this is ridiculous.

At least RIM's popularity is low enough that I'll probably just snag one for cheap off of kijiji or something. Anyone else enraged with this pricing? I don't think I'm being unreasonable.
    Lol, yeah. I do agree that the outright pricing is pretty crazy, especially compared with some of the other android phones. However, Telus does have the best 3 year pricing so far and that's all I was really worried about.

What's Sprint's outright price of the new Bold?
    08-10-11 09:35 PM
    cant wait to get my hands on this bold. the price is right for me too since im up for the 3 yrs contract.

i simply hope they provide the hotspot since it is quite a must for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 09:48 PM
    From the article i was browsing on the main Crackberry page, 500 off contract. Significant difference, especially considering the strength of the Canadian dollar. I just don't get it.

I just recently became off contract with Telus, and i kind of like not being not on contract. I like Telus and have been with them for 10 years or so, so I probably will stick with them, but I just like being month to month....anyways. I'm rambling I was thinking about calling them up and asking if they'd give me a deal on the phone if I signed a 1 year contract (better than the 50 off they usually discount phones for 1 year contracts I mean), but with that high a price point, I doubt it will happen.

Anyways, thanks for being an audience for my frustrations.
    08-10-11 09:51 PM
    Also, one more thing, not including a holster is such a cheapass move, eh? Totally lame and disappointing.
    08-10-11 09:53 PM
    One more one more thing. :P

Any holster with the Torch? Cheers!
    08-10-11 09:56 PM
    Leviathan123, I have a question for you. Is the $149 for NEW 3-years only? I've had an iPhone for a year on contract. Using telus' upgrade plan I can pay off the remainder I owe ($6 and 49-$159/36*24 = $326.66) and then activate a new 9900 on my $65/mo plan for $149? Is that possible? Or too good to be true?

08-10-11 09:59 PM
    One more one more thing. :P

Any holster with the Torch? Cheers!
    Hah, yeah, no holster kind of blows. Same thing with the Torch. Only things listed were the regular things like the phone, battery, charging cable and wall plug in, manuals, and stereo headset. I think that was about it.
    08-10-11 10:00 PM
    Leviathan123, I have a question for you. Is the $149 for NEW 3-years only? I've had an iPhone for a year on contract. Using telus' upgrade plan I can pay off the remainder I owe ($6 and 49-$159/36*24 = $326.66) and then activate a new 9900 on my $65/mo plan for $149? Is that possible? Or too good to be true?

Yeah. You can just do an early upgrade. You pay the remainder on your next bill, that 326.66, and then can get the 9900 on the 65 a month plan with paying the 149.99 in store. Are you on the data flex 65? Your better off going with the Student 55 plan if you're resigning and not already on that plan.
    08-10-11 10:06 PM
    i have a few question as i am a telus customer 1 i already have a contract with telus i have 24moths remaining now if i do an early divice upgrade and pay the $240+149.99 for the phone do i have to change my plan or can i still keep my plan and just pay the price for the upgrade and the phone, thanks for any info , and thanks very much for the prices i have the student 55plan
    08-10-11 10:08 PM
    Well the thing is that I brought over two lines from bell last year so the rep worked a little magic and the $65 is nothing compared to what I'm actually getting. Leads me to another question though. If I've got two lines on separate contacts that were signed at the same time can I upgrade one and not the other?

08-10-11 10:12 PM
    i have a few question as i am a telus customer 1 i already have a contract with telus i have 24moths remaining now if i do an early divice upgrade and pay the $240+149.99 for the phone do i have to change my plan or can i still keep my plan and just pay the price for the upgrade and the phone, thanks for any info , and thanks very much for the prices i have the student 55plan
    Nope, no reason you have to change the plan and then pay the 240 on your next bill and the 150 in store for the phone. Plan stays the same.

08-10-11 10:21 PM
    another question can i pay for the total amount of the phone+renew in-store or can i only be billed for it?
    08-10-11 10:22 PM
    Well the thing is that I brought over two lines from bell last year so the rep worked a little magic and the $65 is nothing compared to what I'm actually getting. Leads me to another question though. If I've got two lines on separate contacts that were signed at the same time can I upgrade one and not the other?

Yeah. Each phone has its own number which has its own contract. Upgrading one phone won't affect the other one at all.

Blackberry: The renewal fee has to be paid on the next bill. If you want to pay it right away just make a payment on your bill, it will appear as a credit until that renewal fee gets applied at which time it will balance out
    Last edited by Leviathan123; 08-10-11 at 10:25 PM.
    08-10-11 10:23 PM
    Is it 10 bucks for each month left on the contract plus $149 for the early upgrade? I have 17 months left on a 3 year contract.
    08-10-11 10:24 PM
    yup it's $10 per month remaining on your contract plus the $149
    voltaire likes this.
    08-10-11 10:26 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD