Much better battery life with 746. The capability to change the led alert is great. I have found my 9900 lasts quite a bit longer. Even tried a day without the power saver enabled. The change in the software with the power saver function works well. I only had the one problem it was probably a glitch, after installing I get an activation window (I think for App World, that wants a code) so I went back to .523 for a week. Then next time turned off my virus scan and did the install........flawless victory! This is a good release I havent had any problems yet. All the apps seem to work fine as well.
    11-05-12 01:20 AM
    hi guys , is there any different btw this os an the Rogers? cause i saw that there are 28mb of different about the size!!! actually im running this one but maybe was better the 714!!
    11-05-12 07:15 AM
    Recently upgraded to .746, just got a call now with the headphones in and would you know it, got a notification!

The music paused and then there was a very audible beep sound! Well done .746! the changes they have made to the music player are first class.
    11-05-12 07:46 AM
    hi guys , is there any different btw this os an the Rogers? cause i saw that there are 28mb of different about the size!!! actually im running this one but maybe was better the 714!!
    No much difference. Roger comes with ALL languages

- Charles
    11-05-12 07:52 AM
    Just installed this yesterday from Rogers (Official). I haven't had any issues yet,

Anyone have a list of new features they've found in this version? If any? lol
    11-05-12 08:02 AM
    I find that 746 has good battery life as well. Went from .5 to .746.being able to change the led alerts is kewl. I'm getting about 8hr of battery life. Course a person could get less. If you are watching movies for example. So far so good for me though. The browser is much more responsive.
    11-05-12 10:51 AM
    Hi, how can I find a list of changes in this update? Is there an easy place to look when new builds come out? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've scanned through here and just see specific functions being discussed. Thanks!
    11-05-12 02:22 PM
    Hi, how can I find a list of changes in this update? Is there an easy place to look when new builds come out? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've scanned through here and just see specific functions being discussed. Thanks!
    Unfortunately RIM don't issue changelogs... they leave that for us to find out ourselves

The main changes in this build are the ability to change the LED notification colours, and settings for a virtual keyboard in Typing (although there isn't actually a virtual keyboard!)
    11-05-12 02:42 PM
    How can you tell if the wifi calling functionality is working? I have installed this build and don't know if it's in it. I checked modules and cant see it.
    Only thing is I have to check for the vendor files and delete to make sure it isnt editing the install.
    11-05-12 03:36 PM
    How can you tell if the wifi calling functionality is working? I have installed this build and don't know if it's in it. I checked modules and cant see it.
    Only Rogers support wifi calling in Canada.
    11-05-12 04:24 PM
    getting good result with 746.
    - temp is round 25-30c, but it doesn't make my dakota too hot too handle.
    - ADR is lower than previous os, which means more life time
    - fast browser (even in 2G)
    - better locking signal
    - customized LED, good move RIM

two things RIM need to fix is :
    - loading after booting (before entering home-screen), longer than previous os.
    - memory leaked is way much larger than previous os.
    Last edited by will_chrome; 11-06-12 at 03:05 AM.
    11-06-12 02:52 AM
    I'm downloading right now!
    11-07-12 06:29 AM
    My memory card does not show up! Anyone with this similar issue +solution?
    11-07-12 04:13 PM
    Not that good anyways I.e. It's not even close to uma.
    11-08-12 01:13 AM
    My memory card does not show up! Anyone with this similar issue +solution?
    I have been having the same issue for months and have not found a permanent fix. If you do a battery pull it will come back but if you battery pull again it will disappear. Its comes and goes everytime you do a battery pull.
    11-08-12 04:06 PM
    Having made a return back to the BlackBerry Kingdom, I have to say that I find this device quite perfect for my taste.
    Am glad to be back!
    Now to the OS, I find the ability to customise the LED as an added bonus.

The phone has been going strong for a day and a half of moderate use.
    As far as the other noticeable features are concerned, I will come back to report in full detail.
    Last edited by bbaddict9700; 11-09-12 at 11:22 PM.
    11-09-12 02:41 AM
    Somehow my LED is not working with different colours. I have tried changing it to purple, green ... but notifications still show as red
    Any ideas will help.
    11-09-12 07:54 AM
    Just noticed a minor thing:
    Compared to .714, .569 and .523, this one gives back the original lights-off sequence.
    In previous firmwares, the trackpad almost shut off the same time with the button-bar when you power off your device. Right now, keyboard first, buttons second and trackpad goes dark last.

Other than that I have to say the browser seems to be a bit snappier and battery life improved compared to .714
    However my device completely froze yesterday while writing a simple SMS. No spinning clock or whatever. After a minute, almost wanted to pull the battery, everything worked again. Never happened on my Bold before.
    11-09-12 09:23 AM
    Wow... first time I've ever seen MY CARRIER with the latest software release! A really small company for some small islands in the caribbean. Whooda thunkit.
    Wait, so does that mean I don't have to delete the vendor file??

Some appropriate music while waiting for this to download...

YouTube dance mix
    11-09-12 09:37 AM
    Wait, so does that mean I don't have to delete the vendor file??
    If your phone was supplied by UTS, then you don't need to delete the vendor.xml files.
    11-09-12 10:41 AM
    am I the only one here with this parasitic wifi drain, even when it's off?

when I'm asleep, it appears as though there is wifi usage in the 1.5 - 2.5% range every night... according to the battery drain trends in BBDA

this has caused my battery life to take a ... it's pretty much the only down side to this OS...

anyone else notice this?
    11-09-12 11:03 AM
    I just noticed, when viewing a picture the option to "Set as BBM contact picture" is missing. It used to be just above or below "Set as wallpaper", can't remember. Bummer. I used that a lot. Now you have to work your way to your BBM profile and change the picture there.
    11-10-12 09:41 PM
    am I the only one here with this parasitic wifi drain, even when it's off?

when I'm asleep, it appears as though there is wifi usage in the 1.5 - 2.5% range every night... according to the battery drain trends in BBDA

this has caused my battery life to take a ... it's pretty much the only down side to this OS...

anyone else notice this?
    Is there a particularl reason you think the battery consumption is being caused by WIFI and not an application or something else? If WIFI is off, I seriously doubt that there could be any "parasitic wifi drain", or even that there is such a thing. Something else must be using the battery. I'm running .746 large sfi (rogers) version of this OS. Sometimes the idle drain seems to be lower than at other times. I was getting (somewhat) better battery consumption from .714 small sfi than I'm getting now with this OS.
    11-12-12 04:18 PM
    Is there a particularl reason you think the battery consumption is being caused by WIFI and not an application or something else? If WIFI is off, I seriously doubt that there could be any "parasitic wifi drain", or even that there is such a thing. Something else must be using the battery. I'm running .746 large sfi (rogers) version of this OS. Sometimes the idle drain seems to be lower than at other times. I was getting (somewhat) better battery consumption from .714 small sfi than I'm getting now with this OS.
    I'm simply going on what the Device Analyzer says... nothing has changed insofar as apps or anything else... I started when I began running .746.

I don't know what could account for the BBDA saying there's ~2% wifi use when it's off. Only variable was the new OS... I could be wrong. I figured maybe others paid attention and noticed something funky with wifi usage while certainly OFF and phone idle.
    11-13-12 10:40 AM
    Another thing I have noticed is that I don't have any options for network selection mode..........................no 2G,2G/3G or 4G options. The only thing there is automatic or manually select? Anyone else?
    11-14-12 02:37 AM
220 ... 6789