I would hold off until the new ones come out. No sense in upgrading now when BB10 is right around the corner.

And if you are feeling ashamed of you 9700.....please read all the criticisms of the NYT article posted last week. There are a lot more things in this world to be ashamed of then a 9700 in your hand.
    11-01-12 07:56 AM
    I would hold off until the new ones come out. No sense in upgrading now when BB10 is right around the corner.
    Not sure who you were replying to, but I totally disagree, if BB10 takes as long to get right after launch as OS7 did then you are far better getting a new device now and let the mugs who must have the latest shiny new phone and must buy on day 1 have all the bricking issues and faulty units.

I wouldn't consider buying anything BB10 for at least 6 months after release.
    Last edited by Legal Eagle; 11-01-12 at 11:22 AM.
    11-01-12 11:06 AM
    can someone on at&t let me know if the mobile hotspot works without the plan.....thanks
    11-01-12 12:11 PM
    Installed and working fine...I was running Rogers .391 for ages and it worked extremely well. Will report back on batt life after a few days when the OS settles
    kazin likes this.
    11-01-12 12:37 PM
    it was a smooth install. I couldn't find a second vendor file too. The only problem I have noticed so far is that my LED indicator for missed calls, emails, and messages is NOT WORKING
    11-01-12 02:54 PM
    it was a smooth install. I couldn't find a second vendor file too. The only problem I have noticed so far is that my LED indicator for missed calls, emails, and messages is NOT WORKING
    Check if you have the LED Notification set to None...
    11-01-12 03:11 PM
    Do a battery pull, then check to see if its working.
    11-01-12 03:17 PM
    can somebody tell if there is the option of 2G only in network settings
    11-01-12 03:22 PM
    can somebody tell if there is the option of 2G only in network settings
    Yeeep ... 2G only is Available for Selection.
    11-01-12 03:33 PM
    Yeeep ... 2G only is Available for Selection.
    Thanks Awjm :thumbup:
    11-01-12 03:36 PM
    installing this now on my telus 9900

thanks.
    11-01-12 04:46 PM
    Installed the full OS, then got it shrunk finally and installed. 24hours installed and working good. love the LED feature
    11-01-12 05:31 PM
    i had the very bad experience with this OS when it first came out (leaked or official) i lost all the data of media card which i always get the message media card not inserted properly and i have to format the media card. never had this problem before with 3 handsets but be careful guys those who are downloading frm other carrier i have to downgrade to 7.1.0.714 wch is stable so just want to gives u guys heads up. I could be wrong. goodluck
    Had that problem before w/ original SD card and 32Gigs Sandisk (which was imitation one as I learned) bought original SD card from retailer and now works fine. There's nothing w/ OS & SD Card.
    11-01-12 05:33 PM
    script error.
    Dont shrink Tasks, Memopad, eventlog viewer and voice aqctivated dialer. (also latin font) These are what I learned since 9700. (also some OS versions giving error after shrinking BBM, you should keep it and update after OS loading completes)
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-01-12 05:35 PM
    Feels extremely responsive and I don't notice as much lag. Liking it a lot so far. Highly recommended, especially if you're on Rogers since you can just update via DM.
    11-01-12 05:52 PM
    downloaded>> updated>> but LED color change in notifications isn't there! help me please!
    11-01-12 08:22 PM
    where are the led settings?
    11-01-12 09:00 PM
    dear sifu2..

im a new blackberry 9900 user. So i want to ask 1 question, myb the dummass question.
    how i want to upgrade my os ? rite now im use 7.1.0.428

hope some1 can help me here.

tq
    11-01-12 09:07 PM
    dear sifu2..

im a new blackberry 9900 user. So i want to ask 1 question, myb the dummass question.
    how i want to upgrade my os ? rite now im use 7.1.0.428

hope some1 can help me here.

tq
    Hi, welcome to the forums. No question is stupid if you don't know the answer. There are plenty of users here who can help you, and the answers you are looking for are probably scattered throughout this site. Here is one place to start: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

Whenever I update my OS, I first back it up using BlackBerry Protect (might be on your phone already, if not, get it free from AppWorld.) Always back up your device before any new OS install.
    Next, I always do a clean wipe of the device. I use a program called BBSAK. (It stands for BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife). Download it free and use it to wipe the device.
    After downloading the new OS to your computer, search for a file called vendor.xml. There may be one or there may be two. Either way, search including hidden files. When you find them, delete them.

The article quoted above should give you the rest of the information you need. If you have more questions, ask away.
    11-01-12 09:58 PM
    Oh, one more thing - don't do a THING until you know every step to completion in advance. For example, if you only do as I'VE mentioned and don't read the article, or do anything else, you'll be sitting there with a wiped phone...Once you understand the process from beginning to end, THEN do it.
    11-01-12 10:01 PM
    installing this now on my telus 9900

thanks.
    Hi, I also use Telus, how is it working for you?
    11-01-12 10:02 PM
    where are the led settings?
    downloaded>> updated>> but LED color change in notifications isn't there! help me please!
    Select a Profile > Change Sound and Alerts > Sounds For Selected Profile > Select Any Alert > Visual Alerts > LED
    LuisCast likes this.
    11-01-12 10:16 PM
    Thanks bro, now I already using os 7.1.0.746

Hi, welcome to the forums. No question is stupid if you don't know the answer. There are plenty of users here who can help you, and the answers you are looking for are probably scattered throughout this site. Here is one place to start: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com

Whenever I update my OS, I first back it up using BlackBerry Protect (might be on your phone already, if not, get it free from AppWorld.) Always back up your device before any new OS install.
    Next, I always do a clean wipe of the device. I use a program called BBSAK. (It stands for BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife). Download it free and use it to wipe the device.
    After downloading the new OS to your computer, search for a file called vendor.xml. There may be one or there may be two. Either way, search including hidden files. When you find them, delete them.

The article quoted above should give you the rest of the information you need. If you have more questions, ask away.
    11-01-12 10:53 PM
    Installed and running. Actually use to have the previous .746, but due to lack of language support (Asian languages) out-of-the-box got this one on the phone.

The battery keeps quite hot, compared to .714, which "should" have impact on battery life. The only problem I got was the enterprise activation wasnt going through for very long time - 7-8hrs, but after re-sending the SB all was fine
    11-01-12 11:08 PM
    Can someone on at&T confirm whether mic issue exists on this build?
    11-01-12 11:10 PM
127 1234 ...