Software For BlackBerry� Bold� 9900 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.1461 (All Languages)

Package Version: 7.1.0.1461
    Consisting of:

Applications: 7.1.0.437
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.345
    File name: 9900wapijAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel1461_PL5.1.0.345_A7.1 .0.437_China_Unicom.exe
    File size: 248.48MB

Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...2D2612FC26B936
    05-24-12 11:33 PM
    watching .....
    05-24-12 11:43 PM
    Humm wonder if this version will have the same mic issue with an at&t 9900? Ill wait till morning to try this after we get some feedback.
    05-24-12 11:49 PM
    It's for chinese vendors...
    It might contain spying or watchdog code inside firmware...
    Now way I am using it...
    05-24-12 11:50 PM
    Here's my updated OS install guide if anyone needs a refresher...

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    �64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    �32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).

PS I've posted this before in other threads, but there always seems to be some people that appreciate a step-by-step each time.
    05-25-12 12:25 AM
    It's for chinese vendors...
    It might contain spying or watchdog code inside firmware...
    Now way I am using it...
    seriously?

Back to the topic, this firmware uses older 3rd party apps like d2g, maps, youtube, email setup app etc.

grr incomplete ENGB resources
    Last edited by zocster; 05-25-12 at 12:37 AM.
    05-25-12 12:27 AM
    Torrent Download Links:
    Torrent File
    OR
    Torrent Page

MediaFire Download Links:
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Last edited by pilot-leo; 05-25-12 at 02:20 AM.
    truongduockhoa and cobracam like this.
    05-25-12 12:31 AM
    seriously?

Back to the topic, this firmware uses older 3rd party apps like d2g, maps, youtube, email setup app etc.
    Yes.....I found out this issue too when I used the app loader and saw most of the firmwares are "downgrade". Thus, I haven't upgarded to .437 and stay with .428 at the moment.
    sheldonbk and Matt J like this.
    05-25-12 12:37 AM
    I won't touch this version because I'm afraid it doesn't come with Battery Save Function. No Payment module, either.
    05-25-12 01:21 AM
    Despite the lack of resources, and older apps, this is a must load, smoother than 428 but my IT policy is still locked due to carrying it forward from 428 ....
    Sator and sheldonbk like this.
    05-25-12 01:21 AM
    Over half apps seems older than .428.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-25-12 01:36 AM

These are the only modules missing from 428 pre shrunk

Resetting to factory to confirm that the IT policy lock seems gone on this build

Oops plus the two payment modules of course

And IT Policy is NOT locked in this build
    Last edited by zocster; 05-25-12 at 01:59 AM.
    05-25-12 01:46 AM
    Don't know what net_rim batterystretch.cod is, but I really don't want to know how bad the 9900's battery life would be without it! (assuming that its there on previous builds)
    05-25-12 02:01 AM
    reloading with the modules from 428 and will keep you lot posted if I encountered any errors

well payments loaded fine, but batt saving mode is not in options even though cod is in the module list grrrr. i will put up with it.
    Last edited by zocster; 05-25-12 at 02:20 AM.
    05-25-12 02:08 AM
    We're at the point where official OS's build number are higher than leaked. hhahaha.
    SK122387 and mssca like this.
    05-25-12 02:09 AM
    Despite the lack of resources, and older apps, this is a must load, smoother than 428...
    Seriously? I can't imagine anything being smoother than .428 especially this old bastardized build.

And IT Policy is NOT locked in this build
    Yup... no Parental Controls, no IT Policy

Don't know what net_rim batterystretch.cod is, but I really don't want to know how bad the 9900's battery life would be without it! (assuming that its there on previous builds)
    That's Battery Saving Mode, and it is there in other OS7.1 builds.
    deezy87 and mssca like this.
    05-25-12 02:56 AM
    Seriously? I can't imagine anything being smoother than .428 especially this old bastardized build.
    I dare you to try .... the whole OS is newer build and platform.
    05-25-12 03:08 AM
    Watching...
    05-25-12 03:11 AM
    did anyone lose nfc tags? Its not there after the install, what is the alx file name? might have deleted it by mistake
    mssca likes this.
    05-25-12 03:13 AM
    ahhh maybe I'll give it a try then, never really noticed a difference with battery save mode on 100% of the time anyways!
    05-25-12 03:20 AM
    Just upgraded .428. I haven't found any things in this OS. Now another OS is here again. Upgrading?
    05-25-12 03:38 AM
    what is the alx. file name for nfc tags? Anyone know?
    05-25-12 03:51 AM
    What about just using the .437 sfi file over .428? Do you think that would work?
    05-25-12 03:51 AM
    what is the alx. file name for nfc tags? Anyone know?
    There isn't one.
    theonecid and mssca like this.
    05-25-12 03:58 AM
    And what about the Battery Life without BSaving mode..significant change??

Sent from my Bells (BB 9900) using Tapatalk
    05-25-12 04:04 AM
355 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD