how can i see background app are running??? what baterry analyzer can i use??? sorry but i dont know a lot about it.

thanks.
    to see whats running... just hold the menu key. all that SHOULD show up is bbm, web browser (even though it is dormant and not running), phone, a picture of a house (home), and the messages app. anything else is currently running. when you close an app, you have to either hit menu and choose exit, or hold the back key (to the left of power key) to close it completely.

to run battery analyzer, type in "analyzer" into the universal search, choose "blackberry device analyzer" select "battery tests" and then "battery draining too quickly"
    . it will then test your battery over a series of days and you can go in there and check results later.

Sent from my sexy 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-07-12 04:54 PM
    ^settings>device>advance system settings > blackberry device analyzer
    06-07-12 05:04 PM
    Here is a question for all those who use patternlock.

For some reason, on my device, it works and doesn't work when assigned to hardware lock key ( those who use the app will know what I mean ).

Its worked fine on all other OS 7.1 versions.

Anyone else having issues with it.

Particle Physics give me a Hadron.
    06-08-12 02:41 PM
    has anyone noticed that after a battery pull/restart... some of your messages are gone? it only seemed to start after i installed this os.

06-09-12 11:52 AM
    I've been using 402 for awhile and I get a lot of memory leaking and the radio is pretty weak. Can anyone on TMO USA give me their thoughts on radio strength and memory management on this build?
    06-15-12 12:03 PM
    I've been using 402 for awhile and I get a lot of memory leaking and the radio is pretty weak. Can anyone on TMO USA give me their thoughts on radio strength and memory management on this build?
    i am on tmo and using this build and I do not have a problem with either. Memory leakage isnt a problem (although this depends on the apps that you keep running in the background too), and i havent had any radio issues. I live in southern cali, though... so its a major metro area.

grover5 likes this.
    06-15-12 12:39 PM
    i am on tmo and using this build and I do not have a problem with either. Memory leakage isnt a problem (although this depends on the apps that you keep running in the background too), and i havent had any radio issues. I live in southern cali, though... so its a major metro area.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm in Minneapolis most of the time so the major metro part is similar. I'll load this one up and try it this weekend.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-15-12 01:01 PM
    Coming from 402 also, the signal is much better, but not amazing. I live in NYC.

Memory leak is nearly non-existent, but then again, I barely have any apps.

Hope...that...helps lol
    grover5 likes this.
    06-15-12 04:39 PM
    i tired this out had amazing battery life for a day then like 7 hrs after.

i jumped around 3/4 different os and what i found works best
    is the .428 from claro from dominican republic i dont know why its better but
    for me im getting 17 hrs a day sometimes more
    06-15-12 06:49 PM
    I loaded it this morning. I'll post back in a couple days with my findings. Thanks for the advice guys.
    06-16-12 01:27 PM
    I tried to update my bold 9900 that is currently running .284 to the new OS but I got the error 507 when I was updating what did I do wrong ?? Please help
    06-18-12 11:27 AM
    I tried to update my bold 9900 that is currently running .284 to the new OS but I got the error 507 when I was updating what did I do wrong ?? Please help
    Follow the directions in this thread: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    06-18-12 01:52 PM
    I downloaded it on Saturday morning. I have to agree with the folks who like this OS. I didn't realize how bad 402 is. The memory leak is almost non-existent. The battery life has been good so far and the radio has been much stronger. This OS also stays lag free because, I think, the memory leak isn't really there. Anyway, another happy user.
    06-18-12 08:29 PM
    Still haven't found an os viable to pull me off of 9900/7.1.0.284 (B998) but this one is sounding promising.

Ill keep reading the posts as they flood in.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    06-18-12 11:01 PM
    Can anyone confirm if NFC is working for them on this build?
    Thanks!
    06-18-12 11:56 PM
    Subs for later
    06-19-12 01:22 AM
    I am trying this OS since two days, and so far it's the best firmware I've ever had on the BB9900.

My average use (per day):
    - 2 hours phone talking
    - 1 hour WhatsApp
    - 15 text messages
    - 10 e-mails
    - 20 minutes internet (3G)

In total my phone lasts for about 1.5 to 2 days. Blackberry Drain Rate @ 3.57%.
    The phone is in 2G mode during the whole day. In case of using the internet or send an email with a huge attachment I switch to 3G.
    Firmware is very smooth&stable... Think I will stay on this one for a longer time....

Tried also the .391, .402 and .437 but this one worked best for me...
    Last edited by tommy_hel; 06-21-12 at 01:20 PM.
    06-21-12 01:18 PM
    I am trying this OS since two days, and so far it's the best firmware I've ever had on the BB9900.

My average use (per day):
    - 2 hours phone talking
    - 1 hour WhatsApp
    - 15 text messages
    - 10 e-mails
    - 20 minutes internet (3G)

In total my phone lasts for about 1.5 to 2 days. Blackberry Drain Rate @ 3.57%.
    The phone is in 2G mode during the whole day. I case of using the internet or send an email with a huge attachment I switch to 3G.
    Firmware is very smooth&stable... Think I will stay on this one for a longer time....

Tried also the .391, .402 and .437 but this one worked best for me...
    And now you have .523 to try too !!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ailand-731242/
    06-21-12 01:21 PM
    And now you have .523 to try too !!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ailand-731242/

Will this update work on a 9860?
    06-22-12 08:10 AM
    No. It's for 9900 only; it won't even work on 9930.
    06-22-12 09:55 AM
    to see whats running... just hold the menu key. all that SHOULD show up is bbm, web browser (even though it is dormant and not running), phone, a picture of a house (home), and the messages app. anything else is currently running. when you close an app, you have to either hit menu and choose exit, or hold the back key (to the left of power key) to close it completely.
    This won't show things that are running "invisibly" though. As mentioned above, if you have Pandora installed on your device it's loaded in memory all the time, and runs on its own intermittently. Also, there's "BlackBerry Bridge Upgrade" loaded in memory all the time, doing nothing most of the time. To see these processes, you need an app like "PB TaskManager" or the Engineering Screen, which I don't know how to use. The app can't kill the processes; I gather it can be done from Engineering Screen.
    06-22-12 10:04 AM

Java swap with 428 from telstra yes, if you have to ask 'how', don't bother

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-23-12 01:24 AM
322 ... 111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD