Is the IT Policy still in the .355 build after you've gone down from .402? (Options>Device>Device and Status Information), type BUYR and "Buyers Remorse" shows up on the bottom of this page.
    It will always be there, unless you remove it with a Factory Reset.
    keyhole likes this.
    05-19-12 01:09 PM
    Nice post. I have the 402 also on 9930 and have used every update the day it came out since before time. I love the speed, battery ok, the device is awesome paired w/ the playbook. What drives me nuts is the 80MB memory drain over 24 hours - 140 to 60MB. Am I the only one? I've deleted evertything one by one and experimented. I get drain no matter what. If this could be stopped I'd be in no hurry for BB10.
    I totally agree with ya, 492 is running great on my bold 9930 also, but I do notice tremendous memory drain throughout the day. I have Quickpull set to reboot everyday at 5 in the morning to recover it all for me.
    05-19-12 01:16 PM
    It will always be there, unless you remove it with a Factory Reset.
    If I do restore my BB to Factory settings, will I lose all of my 3rd party apps, contacts, calendar entries, etc... What OS would then be on my device? The original VZW one? and then I can update to a newer version? Does that sound correct or am I making it too complicated?????
    05-19-12 01:56 PM
    If I do restore my BB to Factory settings, will I lose all of my 3rd party apps, contacts, calendar entries, etc... What OS would then be on my device? The original VZW one? and then I can update to a newer version? Does that sound correct or am I making it too complicated?????

You will lose everything. You can only salvage what ypu back-up via DM or BBSak.

Your OS version will be which is currently installed on the device.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    keyhole likes this.
    05-19-12 02:37 PM
    downgraded from .355 to .342. .355 had same IT Policy issues as of .402 will wait for another leak or official release

.355 is buggy downgraded to .342 within a day
    05-28-12 05:41 AM
    downgraded from .355 to .342. .355 had same IT Policy issues as of .402 will wait for another leak or official release
    I don't believe .355 has an IT Policy. That probably followed you there from .402 and if you didn't remove it, it's still with you on .342
    linuxbbm likes this.
    05-28-12 06:06 AM
    It's there Phil, on the .355. It's disabled on mine.
    05-28-12 06:46 AM
    It's there Phil, on the .355. It's disabled on mine.
    Strange... on .402 and .428 you cannot disable it. It's embedded into the OS and can only be removed after downgrading.

I wonder what it's there for... .355 doesn't have Parental Controls does it?
    05-28-12 07:09 AM
    here it is
    what are you seeing that's different?
    Last edited by Qbnkelt; 05-28-12 at 08:02 AM.
    05-28-12 07:46 AM
    Strange... on .402 and .428 you cannot disable it. It's embedded into the OS and can only be removed after downgrading.

no idea phill...why its there for..355 doesn't have parental control..i wipe out my phone and reset all policies before i downgraded to .355 but as the screenshot says its there...i have moved down to .342 after resetting it policy and system wipe all good now....355 was toooo buggy for me...
    05-29-12 04:57 AM
    not sure about anyone else but mms messages are not coming through for me with this build
    05-29-12 08:26 AM
    This should be the new pinned official OS. Multiple bugfixes including S/MIME. Please sticky.
    05-29-12 12:13 PM
    is this for 9930 only?
    05-29-12 01:18 PM
    is this for 9930 only?
    Yes, it is.
    troppan likes this.
    05-29-12 01:21 PM
    I don't believe .355 has an IT Policy. That probably followed you there from .402 and if you didn't remove it, it's still with you on .342
    THANKS A LOT
    I knew it its not getting removed, now i exactly know what IT policy is
    Thanks again Phill
    05-29-12 06:22 PM
    THANKS A LOT
    I knew it its not getting removed, now i exactly know what IT policy is
    Thanks again Phill
    Do the factory reset and it will be gone in the past
    Until re-installing smthing like the 402 ofc
    05-30-12 02:29 AM

I wiped my phone to factory reset and still had the IT Policy so I started making calls. I was told by a 2nd tier Blackberry Tech that if you have a gmail account going through your BBerry than you will always have an IT Policy. Apparently when you connect with Gmail, they add the IT Policy but nobody knows it because they never check BUYR until they find out about the shortcut. I was told that when I had VZW's 1st official OS and I added my gmail account, it was then put on my device and it had nothing to do with installing .402. He also said that once you change to other updates the BUYR will always show the IT Policy either enabled or disabled. He told me that either way, it will not prevent any type of access to your BBerry.

Even if this info is correct, I still don't like it. If google adds such things, I think that's even worse.

Could this be correct Phill?
    05-30-12 12:43 PM
    I wiped my phone to factory reset and still had the IT Policy so I started making calls. I was told by a 2nd tier Blackberry Tech that if you have a gmail account going through your BBerry than you will always have an IT Policy. Apparently when you connect with Gmail, they add the IT Policy but nobody knows it because they never check BUYR until they find out about the shortcut. I was told that when I had VZW's 1st official OS and I added my gmail account, it was then put on my device and it had nothing to do with installing .402. He also said that once you change to other updates the BUYR will always show the IT Policy either enabled or disabled. He told me that either way, it will not prevent any type of access to your BBerry.

Even if this info is correct, I still don't like it. If google adds such things, I think that's even worse.

Could this be correct Phill?
    Gmail might add an IT Policy for services relating to that app, but I don't use Gmail so I wouldn't know. This might be similar to the one WLM adds, but that only affects services for that particular app and nothing else, as the phone's IT Policy remains disabled.

This is completely different to the IT Policy embedded into OS .402 and .428 for the 9900 which cannot be disabled whilst using that OS, even after a Factory Reset, and this does prevent access to certain areas of your device.

The IT Policy in .355 is different again, as this one can be removed whilst using the OS. We suspect that the one in .402 and .428 is related to a new security feature called Parental Controls in those OS versions, however .355 doesn't have this feature so I've no idea what it's there for.
    keyhole likes this.
    05-30-12 01:02 PM
    Oh well then. I give up on trying to disable the IT Policy! I'll just keep uploading new OS's as they come. I've done two factory resets and no luck so I'm done wasting my time unless I find that I'm not permitted to utilize something due to this policy. Pain in the A**
    wolfee48 likes this.
    05-31-12 12:44 PM
    Memory keep draining

thanks to the latest version of Advance Os Led software, it restarts my phone every morning at 6am. But still before 6pm my memory drops less than 30mb

Funniest part is when I run the diagnostics software in BB, it always says "you device does not seems to be low in memory" :S

Is there any not memory draining OS for this device?
    07-20-12 04:56 AM
    installing .355 now! i hope its good. i was using .402 then downgraded to .342, but the phone kept rebooting on its own 4-5 times a day.

it'll take a couple of days to know if this is any better.
    07-20-12 06:49 AM
    Downloading now! I think I will give it a try.
    guide me to update my 9930 pls
    07-20-12 08:47 AM
    You're using the 9900. Your device is not compatible for a 9930 build, you may risk bricking your phone.
    hi keyhole, can u help me how to update my 9930 to OS7.1 pls
    07-20-12 08:51 AM
    guide me to update my 9930 pls
    hi keyhole, can u help me how to update my 9930 to OS7.1 pls

1. Uninstall any previous OS you may have installed.
    2. Install the OS to your PC.
    3. If you have a Windows PC, change your folders option to show hidden files/folders
    4. Then go to: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor file.
    5. Then go here and delete this vendor file too: C:\Users\*your user name*\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML.

*You need to delete the vendor file(s) whenever you are using an OS that is not from your carrier. A simple search of your c: drive should pull these 2 vendors up as well, but you must have enabled show hidden files/folders.

6. Open up Desktop Manager and check to see if there is an updated OS and install.

or

7. Open up Loader in your PC: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader

I would highly recommend uninstalling SocialFeeds prior to this. You can re-install it during the installation process.
    07-24-12 08:46 AM
    My DMS says I have 7.1 bundle 457. Is this newer?
    07-26-12 04:58 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD