05-07-12 03:18 PM
    whats the lates os for 9900 pls???
    05-08-12 09:00 AM
    whats the lates os for 9900 pls???
    Official 7.1.0.391 and Leaked 7.1.0.402
    05-08-12 12:11 PM
    This is what I saw when I clicked on your link:
    Software Download for Cellcom Wireless Israel

Downloading BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.1149 (Multilanguage)
    By completing and submitting the form below to Research In Motion Limited and/or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies ("RIM"), you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of the information by RIM in accordance with RIM�s privacy policy, which can be found at http://www.blackberry.com/legal/privacy.shtml,: (i) for RIM�s internal use; (ii) for the purpose facilitating your download of RIM software; and (iii) to allow RIM or any one of its authorized business partners to provide you with information on RIM and/or BlackBerry products and services, if you have so elected.

I have two questions:

1. How will my phone be affected if I download software for a different carrier from another country other than my own?

2. The title of this thread states v7.1.0.342 is now available but the link you provided only offers v7.1.0.1149, is there a reason for this?

Thanks in advance,
    W
    05-10-12 08:31 PM
    I'm using leaked OS 7.1.0.402 for 2 days now... It is amazing, just amazing! All the battery problems are gone and the battery saving mode is NOT rubbish it does help battery a lot. I'm not planning to switch any other OS or firmware etc until my next phone ))

ps. use vendelete it is fast and %100 success. Shrink your leaked os as i've shrinked mine from 268mb to 60mb. Close 3g and location services. Delete social feeds too.
    good luck
    Mind me asking what carrier you're on?
    05-10-12 08:40 PM
    This is what I saw when I clicked on your link:
    Software Download for Cellcom Wireless Israel

Downloading BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.1149 (Multilanguage)
    By completing and submitting the form below to Research In Motion Limited and/or its subsidiaries or affiliated companies ("RIM"), you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of the information by RIM in accordance with RIM�s privacy policy, which can be found at http://www.blackberry.com/legal/privacy.shtml,: (i) for RIM�s internal use; (ii) for the purpose facilitating your download of RIM software; and (iii) to allow RIM or any one of its authorized business partners to provide you with information on RIM and/or BlackBerry products and services, if you have so elected.

I have two questions:

1. How will my phone be affected if I download software for a different carrier from another country other than my own?

2. The title of this thread states v7.1.0.342 is now available but the link you provided only offers v7.1.0.1149, is there a reason for this?

Thanks in advance,
    W
    1. It won't affect your blackberry at all.
    2. Make sure to delete any vendor.xml files. You stated a higher version, which is basically a build version. The App version is more important.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-10-12 09:15 PM
    I have two questions:

Thanks in advance,
    W
    1) Your phone will be totally unaffected. The OS will be the same from any carrier, with the only possible difference being additional language files.

2) Package version 7.1.0.1149 (or Bundle 1149) is Applications 7.1.0.342 (or OS version .342). We tend to use the Applications number rather than the Bundle number when talking about OS versions on here.
    Willard814 likes this.
    05-10-12 09:22 PM
    subs subs subs
    05-12-12 08:32 PM
    subs subs subs
    ...step away from the PC
    05-12-12 08:40 PM
    is there any way to stop the cursor from moving by itself? i have a bold 9900
    05-12-12 10:41 PM
    I'm experiencing battery drain with .342. I'm pretty sure it is since have to charge my 9900 up every day. Most of the time n my pocket while at work, but even then, I get home and it has dropped from 100% at 1400 to 18% at 2300 without even using it. Even switching from 2G/3G to 2G only, there are the same problems. Battery Saving Mode doesn't seem to help in any way either.
    05-30-12 10:57 PM
    I'm experiencing battery drain with .342. I'm pretty sure it is since have to charge my 9900 up every day. Most of the time n my pocket while at work, but even then, I get home and it has dropped from 100% at 1400 to 18% at 2300 without even using it. Even switching from 2G/3G to 2G only, there are the same problems. Battery Saving Mode doesn't seem to help in any way either.
    So give .391 or .428 a try.

Both have been fine for me on Voda UK
    05-31-12 08:29 AM
    I am still on this os.. Anyone reckon I should update? Which is best update for a blackberry addict in the uk ? .391 or .428 or is there a higher one now

sent using Ria's kawaii 9900 :3 via [PAID] Tapatalk™
    05-31-12 09:56 PM
    my media player wonky with this OS... volume level is way too loud, only way i have found to fix it is to unplug headphones mid play and plug back in and resume play, then it drops down to bearable...

idle battery life is great, 1% ph ... using the device or idling in a car changing towers is sitting around 8%... not good imho

previous build were better...
    06-01-12 07:28 AM
    I am still on this os.. Anyone reckon I should update? Which is best update for a blackberry addict in the uk ? .391 or .428 or is there a higher one now

sent using Ria's kawaii 9900 :3 via [PAID] Tapatalk�
    Both have been fine for me on Voda UK.

.391 does not have the IT policy embedded in it if that is a concern for you, .428 does.
    06-01-12 07:34 AM
    Please help!

I never have idea of what is going on with my mobile- the only reason I bought my blackberry is the keyboard which helps me to text faster. So now I heard about the new OS 7.1 of which I've tried to have my bb upgraded to that but it failed obviously because I don't subscribe to BIS/BES plan. I can't even do it on PC through desktop manager or whatever ways circulated here. I've downloaded the OS7.1 Loader files and the only problem is how can I have it loaded on my bb.

I am most grateful to all of you who are going to help me out of this headache.
    08-18-12 06:00 AM
    Please help!

I never have idea of what is going on with my mobile- the only reason I bought my blackberry is the keyboard which helps me to text faster. So now I heard about the new OS 7.1 of which I've tried to have my bb upgraded to that but it failed obviously because I don't subscribe to BIS/BES plan. I can't even do it on PC through desktop manager or whatever ways circulated here. I've downloaded the OS7.1 Loader files and the only problem is how can I have it loaded on my bb.

I am most grateful to all of you who are going to help me out of this headache.
    hi,
    which os have you loaded ? This is the link to the latest OS for 9900 ; http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...public-736549/
    Once you do this you have to remove the vendor files which will be located in the remove the vendor file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\app loader , On most 64-bit Windows machines, the BlackBerry OS files are installed to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\apploader. The vendor file is an xml document and would be at the bottom of the app loader folder.
    Once you remove connect to the Desktop Manager and an update icon will appear, sometimes you have to click update and the OS will show. Once you hit the update button there will be 4steps and make sure you do not disconnect until the update is done.
    Hope this helps ! Write, if you face any difficulties !
    08-18-12 06:26 AM
    Hey thank you for responding I waited for it so desperately. The one in the link you've attached above is exactly what I've downloaded and I've deleted one of the vendor.xml file as well as you've said- obviously there're two in the package, with another one is located in a file called 'data1.cab' from the directory C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Updates of which I can't delete. I can only either copy or compress it in right-click. It turns out when I tried to load it out in the Desktop Manager it can't be recognised it's still the old OS 7.0 there.
    Please help!!!
    08-18-12 08:58 AM
    Hey thank you for responding I waited for it so desperately. The one in the link you've attached above is exactly what I've downloaded and I've deleted one of the vendor.xml file as well as you've said- obviously there're two in the package, with another one is located in a file called 'data1.cab' from the directory C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Updates of which I can't delete. I can only either copy or compress it in right-click. It turns out when I tried to load it out in the Desktop Manager it can't be recognised it's still the old OS 7.0 there.
    Please help!!!
    First one is within Apploader, second one is within Loader XML. Both are folders. Use Everything Mobile (free download from c|net download.com) and make sure Hidden/System files are checked once the application is run. Search for vendor.xml and delete both.
    08-18-12 10:12 AM
    Please help!!!
    Try running a vendor.xml delete program such as this one and see if DM then recognises the new OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...v1-0-a-678515/
    08-18-12 12:22 PM
    First one is within Apploader, second one is within Loader XML. Both are folders. Use Everything Mobile (free download from c|net download.com) and make sure Hidden/System files are checked once the application is run. Search for vendor.xml and delete both.
    I've deleted the first one but I can't find anything other than 'device.xml' only in Loader XML. I ain't sure about the app I can't find it as well the URL's invalid. It has really been a huge headache for me and I want to use the new features so badly! Pls help! Thank you v much in advance!
    08-19-12 10:32 AM
    Try running a vendor.xml delete program such as this one and see if DM then recognises the new OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...v1-0-a-678515/
    I downloaded it successfully but ain't able to open it it seems no longer there.
    08-19-12 10:42 AM
    Make sure Hidden and System files are shown in Folder Options. Same for Protected system files. Those are "protected" temporary and other files. Don't see why there is a reason to hide them. :S

The application will then find and remove the vendor.xml files.
    08-19-12 05:25 PM
498 ... 181920
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD