Just curious, why do you think that it was a vendor delete program that contributed to your "nuking" and which one was it ?
    Each time I used it, my device nuked. This happened on 2 different PC’s as well. Maybe it is the program or maybe not. But I’ll stick with manually removing these files from now on. I even tested it again just to answer my own question.

Oh and it was VENDELETE+.
    Last edited by dustanh; 04-17-12 at 03:22 PM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    04-17-12 02:57 PM
    I figured out why though, don't use a "program" to locate and delete the vendor file(s).
    Why would you use one when Windows Search works just fine??
    04-17-12 02:59 PM
    Why would you use one when Windows Search works just fine??

Shiny new toy syndrome... I know better too. From now on it will always be Windows Search function no matter how shiny the toy is.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    04-17-12 03:11 PM
    Installed and running. I tried to reload my apps through BBSAK but had a java.lang error that showed up after every reboot so I wiped and reinstalled. Reinstalling apps the long way now lol.
    04-18-12 01:56 AM
    hello guys,I have the 7.1.0.267,recommended to uptade??
    04-18-12 04:06 AM
    This so far appears to be the best OS i've ran, battery life is greatly improved it appears from .340
    04-18-12 06:30 AM
    hello guys,I have the 7.1.0.267,recommended to update??
    Yes this one is worth updating too
    04-18-12 07:11 AM
    Could someone pls help. I have upgraded my OS to 324. But since after the upgrade, my browser icon is no longer in the main option screen(hidden) and I don't actually notice any change in my battery life after several battery pulls. I need urgent help as I would like to enjoy the extended battery time.
    04-18-12 08:18 AM
    342 rather
    04-18-12 08:20 AM
    Could someone pls help. I have upgraded my OS to 324. But since after the upgrade, my browser icon is no longer in the main option screen(hidden) and I don't actually notice any change in my battery life after several battery pulls. I need urgent help as I would like to enjoy the extended battery time.
    A new OS doesn't necessarily mean there will be a battery improvement. Browser is no longer on the screen or it only shows when you have show all marked?
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    04-18-12 09:18 AM
    If you hover over your browser and press menu, is there an option to "unhide" it? As far as improved battery life, which OS were you on before? It seems to be about the same as .267 so far, which was pretty good for me. But it's still fairly early to comment accurately on battery life at this point.
    04-18-12 09:23 AM
    So far this OS has been good and strong.

My idle discharge rate is around 1.0% and with usage it sits at about 3.5 - 4.0%. I haven't had time to see if Mobile Hotspot works. That was my only problem with .340.

Edit: Oh and no noticeable leak like .267 had.
    04-18-12 09:32 AM
    Seems to be the best so far, touch screen responsiveness is much better!
    04-18-12 10:28 AM
    I wiped my phone with BBSAK and installed last night... The installation went smoothly. I reloaded all of my apps manually too. Things seem to be working really well today.
    04-18-12 10:55 AM
    I think Im running7.1.0.163 but I dont see anyone else saying they have that version. Im on verizon.

I went to the link on Crackberry through my 9930 browser & saved it to the media card. is that ok? then what do I do?

if anyone can help Im obiously clueless. Thanks
    04-18-12 12:37 PM
    This is much better than that piece of junk leak 340. I just have to go back and remove some of the crap they force on the device: Help, VVM, and Caller Name ID.
    How do you get rid that crap? It says required and won't let me delete. I'm still learning so thanks for the help.....
    04-18-12 12:59 PM
    How do you get rid that crap? It says required and won't let me delete. I'm still learning so thanks for the help.....

I completely mis-read the post.... no I got it.
    Last edited by dustanh; 04-18-12 at 01:46 PM.
    04-18-12 01:17 PM
    I edit the alx files and make them optional, and then remove them. You can try using a shrink tool to see if you can remove them, or use BBSAK to delete the cod files.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 04-18-12 at 01:48 PM.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    04-18-12 01:28 PM
    I think Im running7.1.0.163 but I dont see anyone else saying they have that version. Im on verizon.

I went to the link on Crackberry through my 9930 browser & saved it to the media card. is that ok? then what do I do?

if anyone can help Im obiously clueless. Thanks
    You have to download the OS to your pc. Then use apploader to install to your device. Search the forums on how to load an OS.
    04-18-12 01:47 PM
    This doesn't answer the question being asked; and I never uninstall Social Feeds prior to an update and I've never had a problem.

Yeah... I messed that one up. I read it to quick.
    04-18-12 01:47 PM
    Yeah... I messed that one up. I read it to quick.
    Happens to the best of us ;-)
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 04-18-12 at 02:00 PM.
    04-18-12 01:49 PM
    Browse to the folder where the .alx files are located (do a search for help.alx).
    Right Click on Help.alx and choose edit
    Open with Notepad
    Press Control-F to Find the word required
    Change the word true to false
    Close and save
    Launch Desktop Manager and now Help is no longer required

Repeat for VVM and CallerNameId
    04-18-12 01:53 PM
    Browse to the folder where the .alx files are located (do a search for help.alx).
    Right Click on Help.alx and choose edit
    Open with Notepad
    Press Control-F to Find the word required
    Change the word true to false
    Close and save
    Launch Desktop Manager and now Help is no longer required

Repeat for VVM and CallerNameId
    Oh nice! I will be doing this shortly.
    04-18-12 02:01 PM
    Oh nice! I will be doing this shortly.
    Some ppl like shrinking them out or using BBSAK. I don't know if BBHTool shrinks out Caller Name ID, but I'm sure if you look at the cods in BBSAK you could find the cequint related items and remove it that way.
    04-18-12 02:05 PM
    Some ppl like shrinking them out or using BBSAK. I don't know if BBHTool shrinks out Caller Name ID, but I'm sure if you look at the cods in BBSAK you could find the cequint related items and remove it that way.
    Just so I don't mess anything up... save as all files and let it overwrite the alx file you are editing correct?

When I do this, it says access denied.
    04-18-12 02:07 PM
163 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD