My OS seemed to mess up today. I was running 7.1.
    I deleted an app then rebooted.
    Then after Reboot my Home screen wouldn't load.
    So I put the official OS back on.
    03-07-12 07:04 AM
    i run the loader but nothing happens, i've made sure to delete the vendor.xml (im on 32bit windows 7) aswell.

Anyone have any ideas i could try?
    03-11-12 03:51 PM
    The official file is much smaller than the leaked. There have to be some difference somewhere?
    03-11-12 06:41 PM
    i run the loader but nothing happens, i've made sure to delete the vendor.xml (im on 32bit windows 7) aswell.

Anyone have any ideas i could try?
    You could try using an OS made for the 9900
    03-11-12 06:45 PM
    The official file is much smaller than the leaked. There have to be some difference somewhere?
    Just the language support files. This is a MultiLanguage build, and the leak was an AllLanguage.
    03-11-12 06:49 PM
    Two vendor files on 64 bit ---- REALLY frustrating - i had to dig and dig to find it. Crackberry, an updated install 101 is in order.

7.1.0.267 seems to have fixed some battery drain issues and I noticed for the first time the battery saver setting Options-->Device-->Battery Saver Mode, which seems to automatically power down unnecessary functions like wifi and presumably others at a predetermined threshold the user can set. Nice if it works...i hope so.

There's also a new minuscule icon above the time on the homescreen...not sure what it is, maybe a little house with a network symbol??? Home network??? not sure, maybe someone with younger better eyes can report in!
    03-12-12 09:56 PM
    I noticed the new icon as well a couple of months ago. Someone speculated that it indicates the presence of a network extender, but I'm not sure.
    nycspaces. likes this.
    03-13-12 06:33 AM
    Guys, got the .267 'official OS' from SK yesterday. Installation went smooth (note, second time after the error 507 showed up) .

This was primarily to address the high battery drain on the 9900 with the default 7 OS. No improvement yet however. And the device is on minimal usage currently, given my 6-8 hrs of talk time in 2011 on a previous 9520 curve.

The BB device analyzer has been running for 2-3 hrs now.. it shows the battery drain at 8.86% /hr. Believe, this is ridiculously high.

The autodim is 'ON', brightness at 10, timeout at 10 secs, battery saving set to 'always on'.

Any pointers towards improving the battery drain scenario would help,
    03-13-12 09:02 AM
    Guys, got the .267 'official OS' from SK yesterday. Installation went smooth (note, second time after the error 507 showed up) .

This was primarily to address the high battery drain on the 9900 with the default 7 OS. No improvement yet however. And the device is on minimal usage currently, given my 6-8 hrs of talk time in 2011 on a previous 9520 curve.

The BB device analyzer has been running for 2-3 hrs now.. it shows the battery drain at 8.86% /hr. Believe, this is ridiculously high.

The autodim is 'ON', brightness at 10, timeout at 10 secs, battery saving set to 'always on'.

Any pointers towards improving the battery drain scenario would help,
    If you got the .267 from SK Telecom then you have a 9900.

This is a 9930 thread.
    wolfee48 likes this.
    03-13-12 09:05 AM
    I always get that 507 error, so i usually just disconnect and reconnect and it's ok.
    03-14-12 11:31 AM
    Is anyone getting the "App error 602" message on occasion? It can be very frustrating since it freezes for a good minute then finally the phone reboots.

But done this:t
    - I wiped my device via BB SAK
    - Reloaded the software and a few apps
    - Problems persists

Probably going back to the original stock OS from Verizon and see if that eliminates the problem. I hope it's not my phone!
    03-14-12 12:19 PM
    Sprint released it via OTA.
    Here is a thread for the Sprint download if you don't want to OTA upgrade.

Also, it is all languages if anyone is interested.
    03-14-12 12:31 PM
    I'm Confused... My VZW 9930 wont update... It acts like it already has this one installed, and yet, it doesn't.

I dun' deleted the Vendor.xml file and everything
    I just got a VZ 9930 from my company, i want to do wifi tethering without paying VZ. can i do it with this? This is my first time trying to customize a BB, can someone point me to the main forum so i can read up? Thanks.
    03-14-12 02:25 PM
    I just got a VZ 9930 from my company, i want to do wifi tethering without paying VZ. can i do it with this? This is my first time trying to customize a BB, can someone point me to the main forum so i can read up? Thanks.

You have to pay if you want Mobile Hotspot to work with Verizon. No way around it. If there was, I wouldn't be paying for it.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction with Tapatalk
    03-14-12 06:07 PM
    Anyone else notice that these new OS threads are vacant? Used to be a post every 3 minutes when a new OS fell out of the sky. Now.....24 hours.
    03-15-12 06:54 PM
    I have an unbranded Bold running on o2 UK. As I only have a MacBook, will the update get pushed to DM as soon as o2 UK releases it or do only branded phones get an OTA/Desktop Manager update?
    03-15-12 07:10 PM
    Does anyone know if this fixes the issue with S/MIME and/or if root SSL certs were updated?

We currently have an issue where you will get stuck at a "Processing recipients" message when sending a signed/encrypted email to someone with an untrusted certificate.

If you don't know what I'm talking about please don't reply. I already have a work around and this is a confirmed bug in BBOS7 and 7.1.

Thanks.
    03-16-12 03:05 PM
    hope this brings my 9930 back to life, whats the best OS for 9930...
    03-18-12 06:12 AM
    So far I've noticed the memory drain is terrible, had to install quickpull and set it to reboot my fone once a day to help improve performance, as for the battery life, I'm yet to see an improvement. I can only go thru half a day if I turn off 3G and stay on EDGE. This is a pain when EDgE service is terribly slow. If anyone knows of a better version for the 9930 pls pm me I'll be ready to wipe my device and re-install
    03-19-12 12:54 AM
    Am I the only person that has had major battery drain issues with this phone? Not only does my phone drain more since this new update, it also overheats! i have never had a phone that has done this. I have downgraded and had no problems just to wipe my phone clean and upgrade again with the same problems.
    03-20-12 10:43 PM
    I'm on this OS for my SPRINT 9930 as well.

However, with regards to the FREE memory issue, Meterberry reflects 156.2MB out of 171MB, whilst device (Device options) reflected 162MB. What does it mean?

And my device is on for about 24hours already, 24hours drop about 10+MB, is this fine or not fine? Lol.
    03-21-12 07:16 AM
    hi I was reading the current post on updating the OS on the BB 9930 and I havent done it in a while either. I have the .exe file saved on my computer but I dont know what to do next to load it to my phone. Please help.
    03-24-12 06:59 PM
    hi I was reading the current post on updating the OS on the BB 9930 and I havent done it in a while either. I have the .exe file saved on my computer but I dont know what to do next to load it to my phone. Please help.
    Courtesy of Elite 1

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    1.(Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2.Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
    *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3.Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4.On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5.Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6.Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7.(Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8.On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
    �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9.(Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10.In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11.After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    �64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    �32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS1.Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2.Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    �64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    �32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3.Restart PC.
    4.Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5.Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6.Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).
    03-25-12 06:18 AM
    anyone can help me plz my gf leave her phone (9930) to charge overnight and the next morning she get up its only a red light in the track pad not booting up or nothing what to do ????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am loosing my mind now
    03-25-12 10:48 PM
    .340 has just leaked for those of you in 9930 land

http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...9930-a-712352/
    03-27-12 10:23 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD