10-15-11 06:07 PM
730 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Mine has just arrived at work, can't wait to get it home to do my swap over.

Does anyone know if UberSocial works on OS7? Can't handle the dryness of Twitter for BB.
    08-15-11 06:59 AM
    I was hoping I'd be able to get one of these for a decent price... Unfortunately I recently (in the last 2 months) got another 9650 to replace my old one.

Turns out I'd have to pay Full Retail Price ($509.99)
    08-15-11 07:11 AM
    Got mine on Friday. Been using it all weekend. First impressions: there really has never been a Blackberry like this one. I've owned 5 different Blackberry's but none have really blown me away as much as the 9900! This thing is truly the perfect size optimization for being able to type fast (did I say FAST!!) without getting too big that it's awkward to lug around with you. I did appreciate the 9780's ease of use from a size perspective, but the up-sizing to a larger key board and gorgeous, larger display is definitely worth it. Anything larger, and I'd probably stay away from it. The 9900 has the perfect design. RIM cranked it out of the park on the design front. This thing also feels vastly more high end than any RIM predecessor.

Battery life is fine for me. I don't know if web browsing is 40% better than on the 9780, but it is definitely a bit faster, and much more usable given the larger screen size.

Having a touch screen takes some getting used to in conjunction with a track pad. I find I still use the trackpad a lot. Old habits I guess. Don't get me wrong though, the touch screen comes in handy sometimes.

I actually like the thin form factor -- personally, I wouldn't make the phone thicker for a better camera. It's decent enough, but don't use cameras on phones very often.

I don't like the video quality. Looks like HD jelly to me. To wobbly. I will use other cameras for video capture. Again, I have rarely used my phone for video in the past. I'm pretty fussy about good video quality.

Speaker quality is not as good as the 9780, but passable I guess. Call quality is about the same (so far). I have had a couple times when people have said they can't hear me though -- we'll wait and see on that one.

Overall I'd say the 9900 is the finest thoroughbred (sp?) of a messaging phone. The is no phone on the planet right now that even comes close to the Bold 9900 from a messaging perspective. Purchase this phone for it's truly sublime messaging experience alone. Seriously. That's what you do with a smartphone the majority of the time anyway, right??
    08-15-11 09:51 AM
    Ordered mine on the VZW website tonight through upgrade (Had the Storm2 since August 10 2009, and then about 4 months ago bought a used Bold 9650 (with overnight, so I assume it should be here tuesday). Even as an upgrade, with all the taxes (I live in Cali) the phone was really EXPENSIVE... but definitely worth it since I really haven't gotten a 'new' phone in a couple of years and I'm going off to college in a week.

Can't wait for the device to come in and go to my local VZW store with a phone they don't even have in stores yet and get it activated!!

Thanks to Crackberry.com for all the information they've shared about this device as well!!

According to VZW - you can ORDER the 9930 now - but it won't SHIP til the 25th...... So I doubt you will see it tomorrow......
    08-15-11 10:20 AM
    I just ordered mine so i cant play till wednesday. Then its on
    08-15-11 10:21 AM
    The music on this thing is pretty beast. I switched over from an iPhone 4 and I am loving the keyboard / touch screen combo. Web browsing made easy + texting paragraphs all day doesn't lose it's touch !
    08-15-11 11:19 AM
    How's the speakerphone for playing music? I know it won't be Bold 9000 quality but still good?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 11:44 AM
    just picked mine up from Vodafone went for a new contract got a good deal
    08-15-11 12:17 PM
    Got mine Friday from Future Shop in Niagara Falls for $150... loving it! Sweet new plan, charged it once since getting it! What a difference going from Storm to Bold.
    08-15-11 12:55 PM
    sold my 9780 last week i only had it for 3 months. ordered my 9900 this morning but just been informed by the seller that expected shipping date have been delayed untill the 19th once they recieve the shipment it will take at least 3 to 5 days to reach me here in Oman Cant wait u guys r lucky! enjoy ur new devices
    08-15-11 12:59 PM
    According to VZW - you can ORDER the 9930 now - but it won't SHIP til the 25th...... So I doubt you will see it tomorrow......
    Actually it already shipped out.
    Got the email with tracking number today, checked it out, estimated time of delivery: Tomorrow by 3pm.

Must have been that they truly did sell out of the initial batch! (9930 went off the VZW site for about an hour at around 2am pacific time this morning).
    08-15-11 03:52 PM
    If you order VZW online it will be shipped depending on what shipping option you get. If you want to purchase at a retail store, you have to wait until 8/25.
    08-15-11 06:53 PM
    Here's mine! I've had mine since the 11th but forgot to post here .
    08-16-11 03:14 AM
    got mine yesterday from vodaphone store in glasgow, really impressed so far.
    08-16-11 07:35 AM
    Yay just got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!
    08-16-11 08:48 AM
    Yay just got mine!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Is the NFC hardware all there, because I hear the software doesn't support it :/
    08-16-11 08:59 AM
    Got my 9930 around 8:30am already set everyting up!!! Amazing!!!!
    08-16-11 09:00 AM
    Delivered but won't be home for a while.
    08-16-11 09:03 AM
    I have a question.....for those of you who did a device switch using BDM, what happens to your BBM contacts once they're restored? Does it automatically change your PIN number with them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It should....mine did.
    08-16-11 09:04 AM
    Is the NFC hardware all there, because I hear the software doesn't support it :/
    That patch on the back of the battery door? Yeah its there
    08-16-11 09:10 AM
    After quite a bit of running around just to try to find a store willing to sell me outright, I finally went to Craigslist and found a brand new one

What a friggin day i had yesterday! Anyways I finally got my hands on one and no word of a lie I'm finally content with this phone.

I've been though virtually all the blackberry's going back to the 7520 w the nextel chirp, thrown a lot of Motorola, Samsung and Apple units in there too.

My hardest decision was most certainly picking between the 9800 and the iphone 4 both had really strong features and worked well with my company's needs but again I would always swap my sims between them depending on the day.

Picked up the 9900 yesterday set it all up and I have to say that this is by far the nicest phone I've ever had! It's slim, sleek and the speed is just amazing! That's what I was switching for...the speed of the Torch and the web experience when I needed to post ads was making me want to dig my eyes out with a spoon. The Bold now I've tested on all the necessary sites and it's just blazing fast. FINALLY RIM!!

I have no issues with the camera at all sure it's not the sharpest in the word but I didn't buy it for that and again mine is actually pretty good. The battery although I haven't put it through a hard core test yet has so far been great (I haven't put the thing down) And as for the apps...I'll be patient and wait for the conversions to OS7.

I have no issues recommending this phone to anyone who's looking for a top shelf communication device in all aspects of the word.

FOR SALE.....White Torch 9800 and Black iphone 4 (going to craigslist now)
    08-16-11 09:25 AM
    got a 9930 from vzw, didn't come with a microsd fyi
    08-16-11 09:51 AM
    Is it just me or did the facebook app COMPLETELY mess up the contact syncing? It has random people assigned to other random people.
    08-16-11 10:00 AM
    got a 9930 from vzw, didn't come with a microsd fyi

I know not even a 2gb, thats just plain cheap!
    08-16-11 10:01 AM
    All I can say is WOW! Amazing device.
    08-16-11 10:05 AM
730 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD