Got mine and I am loving it! Very superb phone! Got rid of my iPhone 3g and I think that I made a right decision. Abosolutely the best phone I have ever!
    08-12-11 01:03 AM
    I just came in here to get jealous.
    08-12-11 05:24 AM
    Got mine yesterday in toronto (king/bathurst). Loving that they went back to the original bold 9000 look (metal band, width). Like that it's thin but miss the leather back...no big deal. So much faster, touch screen is very responsive, keyboard is excellent, a little 'clicky', i'm just worried about battery life on this. I'm so glad i listened to the rumors and waited out the release instead of jumping ship and buying an iphone 4. Renewed my rogers contract and paid $299 with a $50 MIR.
    08-12-11 05:44 AM
    I HATE this thread.
    At least for another couple of weeks (hopefully, VZW)!
    08-12-11 05:51 AM
    Updating OS

08-12-11 08:08 AM
    One thing I'm noticing is that QNX/TAT is slipping into OS7 ever so slightly, if you're in a text or mail conversation and swipe left or right it takes you to the next one, and the transitions in the photos app are the exact same as on the Playbook.

BBOttawa - this is on the original Storm also so it's nothing new related to QNX. Try this... When you have your email inbox open, hold your finger for a few seconds on top of someone's name that sent you an email or on the subject of the email - it should kick off a search for messages involving that person or all messages with the same subject (assuming they kept that feature from the Storm). Enjoy!
    08-12-11 08:22 AM
    Picked it up yesterday, and love the device! Even though it's not my primary, I'm absolutely loving typing on this device. I'm coming from the 9700 (long time phone *****, check signature) and after using this for a few hours I don't know why the 9700/9780 were even made!?

This phone ROCKS.
    08-12-11 08:58 AM
    Updating OS

I went to a few stores in Hyderabad, but still did not get it. They say stocks coming on 15th, how did you manage to get it ?
    08-12-11 09:07 AM
    Did anyone get a disk in their box. I didnt seem to get one and i had to download the desktop manager from the rim website.
    08-12-11 10:24 AM
    yup there is a disk.
    got mine @ chennai, india.yesterday IST.
    it would be cliched if i repeat what other have said.
    this fone is wow and i will leave it at that. :-)
    waiting to start updating OSes
    08-12-11 10:40 AM
    Can anyone tell me if you get a leather holster in the box??

I think I'm going to need to use this until I get my case-mate
    08-12-11 11:04 AM
    Can anyone tell me if you get a leather holster in the box??

I think I'm going to need to use this until I get my case-mate
    Yes you do.
    08-12-11 11:19 AM
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

08-12-11 12:05 PM
    Just picked up my new 9900, very happy as wasn't expecting it until next Tuesday so thank you Vodafone UK!
    First impression is "wow", very responsive, the screen is crisp and generally beautiful. Build quality is fantastic and everything just feels good.

Plan to test out the camera and HD recording over the weekend.

Oh and even love the case provided (not holster in UK) with its quilted inside (its the little things sometimes!)
    08-12-11 12:12 PM
    Wow, is all I can say. Keyboard is incredible! I am 43 years old and keyboard matters a lot. I went into the store, Bell in Georgetown, ontario, to buy the new Torch but after playing with both there was no comparison for me.

Phone is very fast after coming from Bold 9700. Touch screen is perfect. The feel of the phone is much nicer than the Torch for me. Weight difference is noticeable although the old Torch is much heavier than the new Torch.

Cannot go wrong with this phone. Even the young saleslady prefers the Bold to the Torch. She also mentioned more people are buying the Bold.

Wow.
    Brian

08-12-11 12:12 PM
    Just picked up my new 9900, very happy as wasn't expecting it until next Tuesday so thank you Vodafone UK!
    First impression is "wow", very responsive, the screen is crisp and generally beautiful. Build quality is fantastic and everything just feels good.

Plan to test out the camera and HD recording over the weekend.

Oh and even love the case provided (not holster in UK) with its quilted inside (its the little things sometimes!)
    What is the case like in the UK?

08-12-11 12:21 PM
    Been playing with my new Bold for a few hours now and I love it.

Works effortlessly, screen is awesome, keyboard is better.

Just need to remove the excess apps and I am sorted.

08-12-11 12:31 PM
    I went to a few stores in Hyderabad, but still did not get it. They say stocks coming on 15th, how did you manage to get it ?
    mail me your # at [email protected] - i can manage to get you asap
    08-12-11 12:31 PM
    What is the case like in the UK?

It's a leather pouch - like the holster the US gets but without the clip and top fastener, I think a few high end BBs have come with the same sort over the years. The older ones had a leather inside.

08-12-11 12:35 PM
    I switch from a 9780 (before iPhone 4 and 9800) to the 9900 and i truly love the phone. The keypad its super fast and the screen is gourgous. Only issue the the poor battery life i have seen so far...
    yo, you are from new york, where did u get ur bb 9900? ebay?
    08-12-11 01:31 PM

Ahhhh okay.... I prefer that kinda case/pouch/holster/whatever you wanna call it

08-12-11 01:33 PM
    Love the 9900.

Would like to be able to use the touch screen to dial the phone...(like torch)
    08-12-11 01:39 PM
    I picked mine up on August 10th at a Virgin Mobile shop in Mississauga Ontario. So far, I have nothing but positive things to say about the phone. My previous Bold, the 9700 lasted me two years and this one looks like it's gonna go a lot further than that. Cheers!
    08-12-11 01:52 PM
    Hey there, I got my new Blackberry 9900 yesterday from a Rogers Plus store in Kildonan Place - Winnipeg. Very happy with the device. I bought it out of contract since I didn't have an upgrade at the time of purchase. Oh well, it was worth it .

Enjoy, folks!
    08-12-11 04:01 PM
    does anyone know where i can pick up a 9900 in the vancouver area for 549$ ??? everyone i call wants 650$$
    08-12-11 04:31 PM
730 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD