I just got mine and I am updating, etc. now. Will come back with pros and cons.
    09-13-11 02:00 PM
    Guess I'll throw my hat in the ring as well. Got my 9930 on Sunday. Now if I could only find a store that had a bunch of accessories in stock...

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=aKr6q3cr
    09-13-11 03:08 PM
    This is my fourth BB and my third Bold (9000, 9700 and now 9900). The keyboard is amazing. Having to get used to the touch screen which is a tad too sensitive. I think the 9700 looked better (I had one with the chromed surround), but the keyboard makes up for that.
    Last edited by jamesbondOO7; 09-13-11 at 05:32 PM.
    09-13-11 05:30 PM
    Longtime Treo user who loved it's professional quality and keyboards. I dumped the last HP WebOS phone I had and immediately went Bold 9930 after an in-store trial. I'm loving this as much and more now for the same reasons. My usage over the past week has not been the standard BIS. I use BIS to only get work email, then Logicmail for Google IMAP, and Google Sync for Google contacts and Calendar. I bought Quicklaunch and am trying out sixTools.

Funny thing is, I immediately bought my Playbook a month and a half ago after playing with it in-store too.
    09-13-11 07:09 PM
    Longtime Treo user who loved it's professional quality and keyboards. I dumped the last HP WebOS phone I had and immediately went Bold 9930 after an in-store trial. I'm loving this as much and more now for the same reasons. My usage over the past week has not been the standard BIS. I use BIS to only get work email, then Logicmail for Google IMAP, and Google Sync for Google contacts and Calendar. I bought Quicklaunch and am trying out sixTools.

Funny thing is, I immediately bought my Playbook a month and a half ago after playing with it in-store too.
    I am waiting for Sprint to get the 9930 back in stock - I too was a Treo user for many many years - all the way up to the 755 - then went with the Palm Pre.... Never owned a BB before - you found the switch pretty easy?!
    09-13-11 07:19 PM
    I am waiting for Sprint to get the 9930 back in stock - I too was a Treo user for many many years - all the way up to the 755 - then went with the Palm Pre.... Never owned a BB before - you found the switch pretty easy?!
    We have very similar stories. Had the Treo up to755p and went to the Pixi til now.

** PIM use

WebOS is/was/is? great with its default apps and integration through Synergy. Synergy, to me, is also better than Andorid and iOS. The BB can't really compete here but there are ways to get what you need.

My PIM related use-case for this personal device is:
    - Exchange email, calendar for work (just to see whats happening)
    - Gmail email, calendar and contacts for personal

The BB does not have native EAS. BES is a competitor to that but most devices Today have EAS support, while RIM, I guess, needs to hold on to BES. I was able to very simply setup email using my job's Secure IMAP and even tried the Outlook Web Access url but either way it still goes through BIS.

The calendar entries for work do come over since new ones are sent in email as meeting invites and the BB picks up on these automatically. Old meetings I redirected/forwarded to myself and those are populated too. I have not looked into talking to the Windows guys about BES since I like not having work have too much control over my personal phone.

The BB is very email centric, but for me, calls and texts are more important and though there is gmail integration through RIMs NOC, I prefer to get those emails when I open up the third-party Logicmail email app. On top of that I use Google's google sync for contacts and calendar.

** UI/App use
    Universal search works the same as 'Just Type', allowing opening of applications or pasting in your search terms into the Navigator, Bing search (Google search is installable), a host of other apps, document and email searching or contact searching.

Opening Apps is lightning fast. I am used to keeping the amount of running programs low on the Pixi so closing apps on the BB has been a learning experience. No standard "flick" away like WebOS. I think the "back" button exits most of the time.

I installed two utilities to help with creating shortcuts (Quicklaunch and SixTools)

Texts are threaded to the user, like PalmOS and WebOS with datestamp already on instead of needing a Preware patch.

Phone works pretty much the same, but on the plus side call logs are there but there is no big button dialpad.

** General
    Overall I'm really impressed with the quality and sure it's taking some getting used to but in some ways it's like going back to a PalmOS Treo from the WebOS. It has a touch screen, but I'm using the trackpad all the time. Think of the Treos and how there was the D-pad or stylus, which were more precise than clicking things with your fingers while obstructing your view.

As a fan of the keyboard, I'm using it a bit more since it is faster in that regard.

The Camera in it's default setting is killer. Just double click the side convenience key and you are definitely taking a picture no matter what else you are doing.

If you have any more questions, just let me know.
    tliolos likes this.
    09-13-11 08:53 PM
    Just got my new 9900 and i really like it, but i was just wondering what happened to the BING integration? http://crackberry.com/steve-ballmer-...rld-2011-video

Thanks

David
    09-14-11 04:53 AM
    We have very similar stories. Had the Treo up to755p and went to the Pixi til now.

** PIM use

WebOS is/was/is? great with its default apps and integration through Synergy. Synergy, to me, is also better than Andorid and iOS. The BB can't really compete here but there are ways to get what you need.

My PIM related use-case for this personal device is:
    - Exchange email, calendar for work (just to see whats happening)
    - Gmail email, calendar and contacts for personal

The BB does not have native EAS. BES is a competitor to that but most devices Today have EAS support, while RIM, I guess, needs to hold on to BES. I was able to very simply setup email using my job's Secure IMAP and even tried the Outlook Web Access url but either way it still goes through BIS.

The calendar entries for work do come over since new ones are sent in email as meeting invites and the BB picks up on these automatically. Old meetings I redirected/forwarded to myself and those are populated too. I have not looked into talking to the Windows guys about BES since I like not having work have too much control over my personal phone.

The BB is very email centric, but for me, calls and texts are more important and though there is gmail integration through RIMs NOC, I prefer to get those emails when I open up the third-party Logicmail email app. On top of that I use Google's google sync for contacts and calendar.

** UI/App use
    Universal search works the same as 'Just Type', allowing opening of applications or pasting in your search terms into the Navigator, Bing search (Google search is installable), a host of other apps, document and email searching or contact searching.

Opening Apps is lightning fast. I am used to keeping the amount of running programs low on the Pixi so closing apps on the BB has been a learning experience. No standard "flick" away like WebOS. I think the "back" button exits most of the time.

I installed two utilities to help with creating shortcuts (Quicklaunch and SixTools)

Texts are threaded to the user, like PalmOS and WebOS with datestamp already on instead of needing a Preware patch.

Phone works pretty much the same, but on the plus side call logs are there but there is no big button dialpad.

** General
    Overall I'm really impressed with the quality and sure it's taking some getting used to but in some ways it's like going back to a PalmOS Treo from the WebOS. It has a touch screen, but I'm using the trackpad all the time. Think of the Treos and how there was the D-pad or stylus, which were more precise than clicking things with your fingers while obstructing your view.

As a fan of the keyboard, I'm using it a bit more since it is faster in that regard.

The Camera in it's default setting is killer. Just double click the side convenience key and you are definitely taking a picture no matter what else you are doing.

If you have any more questions, just let me know.
    You will soon get used to the touch feature, and you will find out how convenient to use both the touch and keypad.
    bhill0821 likes this.
    09-14-11 06:00 AM
    Just got back in town from Colombia and the Bold 9900 was waiting for me. Love the device so far, only thing that worries me is the battery life, by 8:30-9 PM i was down to 4% on a regular work day its no problem but if ill be out at night I cant afford to have the phone that low at night. Aside from that the keypad is amazing, I started using blackberries with the 9700 and this keypad is leagues above it
    09-14-11 09:26 AM
    Is anyone finding yourself constantly cleaning the screen with the cloth they sent with the phone? I keep doing this because of all the fingerprints on the screen. Hoping I will eventually stop doing this as to maybe one day a week, as I know I just want to keep the phone nice with it being still so new.
    prettyorchid likes this.
    09-14-11 12:29 PM
    I'm had my device for about 3 weeks now. Virgin Mobile Canada, Nova Scotia. I remember signing up and you know that feeling when you get a new "toy" and you can't wait to use it and you just want to skip the whole "process" lol.. That's how I felt. Anyway 4days I thought the phone was awesome I was on Crack berry a lot and playing/BBM'ing with it all day lol. But my battery life SUCKED! I had to charge almost twice everyday (mediocore user: twitter facebook bbm sms browser music & 3-4 other apps.) So on the 5th day I went to get an exchange and as I was walking back into BestBuy lol.. My phone bricked.. White screen with some error msg and to reload software. From there I got concerned and maybe decided to get an iPhone (HA! Yaa right..) So after I get my new Bold 9900 (exchanged from my other 9900) checked the battery. And it was the same as before.. Mexico. But that doesn't mean the battery will be as bad? So I went with it, after doing the usual adjustments. 2 weeks later (today) if I unplug at 8am and don't use Wi Fi all day (if I'm at work all day) the phone will last me till at least 10:30pm. But with Wi Fi being used through out the day.. Around 10-11. But use is still based on many other things it's kind of hard to put on a scale.

What I like about the phone:
    -the look is amazing all aspect. Thiness, bezel (my gold bezel is on its way, ill post pics , screen
    -touch screen is very satisfactory, I definetly don't need an iPhone now
    -this blackberry has the best keyboard on any blackberry model to date. Hands down!
    -i like the all white on the 4 buttons and numeral numbers. Where as on previous models you had the Call/End buttons green/red and on the 8900 the number keys were red while other keys where the normal white.
    -brower is great I have all my sites bookmarked. Haven't camr across any bad sites to browe vi mobile
    -one reason iv always liked iPhone/iPod/iTouch is because I have a Beats by Dr. Dre and they are at its best when plugged into and Apple music players audio output. I could get good sound on my 9780 but with my new 9900. Its as good or better then iPods audio output. There may be other factors to that I don't know a lot about sound and how all that works. All I know is I can't even turn my music player up all the way.. Iv tested once but its just to loud. And I like my music loud
    -NFC can't wait to see more use of that, I have wikitude and in the future think of all the augmented reality apps!
    -i like play 3D Rollercoaster its AWESOME haha. (Search for that in AppWorld!!)
    -i go through blackberrys every 4-5months. Iv finally found a berry I'm proud to stay on until the QNX phones drop!

Things I don't mind:
    -1 convience key ... o.O
    -no themes.......... YET!!
    -the whole camera thing. I don't use mine too toO much.. Coming from 9780 I see where people are coming from though. It could be better but I mean it is 720p which looks very good. Iv taken some really high quality videos and ppl were amazed a Blackberry could take such nice video. I find with camera on the other hand it is better in some places than others. Outside on a sunny day. Crystal. In a bsement with a dim lamp. Not as much. But not poor quality. Decent-good. Again, many factors contrast, light, etc.

Things I DON'T! Like:
    -battery life. Although I am content with 1day compared to.. Maybe 7-9 hrs. I'm aware it is a smaller battery, don't feel like buying a spar/back up. I'm gonna sit and wait/hope a third party will drop and extended battery. Just think of how much money they would make if someone actually did that lol

Overall: happy I went with this instead of iPhone 4. Definetly. I'm content with my battery life and that might have been the only problem I might truly have wit the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-11 02:26 PM
    I just got mine tonight. I never had the 9000 so I've never had the pleasure of typing on this keyboard. WOW! This is awesome. Time to go set the rest of it up

09-15-11 07:10 AM
    i ordered my 9900 Friday afternoon and sat received an email from t-mobile saying it was back ordered. 3 hrs later another email saying my order was processed and shipped and received it this Tuesday / the phone the keyboard the touchscreen, etc - loving this BB
    09-15-11 04:17 PM
    Im very upset.

I had to go through this huge hassle to get my first 9930 sent to my house using direct shipment. It came, I was super happy, but I noticed the side convenience key was wobbly and creaky and I decided to get the phone replaced.

After yet another huge hassle, I had to return my first 9930 and be sent my 2nd 9930. I did get a discount and a rebate though, so that's cool.

2nd 9930 arrives...AND IT'S WORSE THAN THE FIRST ONE! Recessed trackpad, the area where the sprint logo is located was raised from the bezel, and it just felt cheaply made.

So now I'm waiting for my warranty replacement. I really hope third time's the charm on this one, because I really like this phone and dammit, I want a solid one!!
    09-15-11 10:48 PM
    My "accept" button has a different "feeling" when pressed than the reject button. Is that the same to you? The accept ones is like more "touchy" while the reject "clicks" more as a button, similar to the rest of the keyboard .. Is your like that?
    09-16-11 01:01 AM
    Just got mine yesterday. Currently seeing how it does in its first full day. Im well aware that the battery life is something that gets better after a couple of weeks so I'm not expecting anything drastic. Pretty sure it will still be better than my Droid Incredible.

Not really any complaints from my end right now. Will post back later on as the day goes.
    09-16-11 12:48 PM
    Just got my 9900 earlier this week. Prior to that I had the first generation Torch. I totatlly love the Bold 9900 - everything Keven said in the review hits home for me, especially in regards to the keyboard. The keyboard is truly AMAZING. I originally bought the Torch as replacement for my iPhone 3Gs - I was totally over the touch-screen Keyboard. Once I got my PlayBook I did not think I needed a full screen phone and - this was 3 months ago so I figured I'd wait for the new BB's to come out. Glad I did. This is the best BlackBerry and indeed best smartphone I have ever owned!

Cheers,
    Chris
    09-16-11 02:22 PM
    Hey all,

I just joined the 9900 family today with my purchase yesterday

I got it with t-mobile (via letstalk.com).

This is one awesome phone
    09-16-11 05:10 PM
    Just got mine today. Was going to hold out until QNX, but I figured it was a long way off.

The keyboard is really really fantastic. And it's smoking fast too (compared to my 9650).

09-16-11 07:31 PM
    Also, I was hoping the camera would finally give the option to eliminate the "click" sound. No dice. Lame.
    This is not BBerry's fault. An agreement was signed by all the industrialized nations that mandates a cell phone camera sound effect when snapping photos. It is called the International Anti-Upskirt Candid Photography Treaty.
    09-17-11 12:56 AM
    I got a 9850 Torch on September 3rd, from the Sprint factory store in Fayetteville, GA. Loved the screeen, but just could not get used to the virtual keyboard when using it one-handed. Maybe because my previous phone had a physical keyboard.
    Swapped it for a Bold 9930 on September 15th and really like it. I actually like using the keyboard and touch screen in tandem. It almost seems natural.
    This is my first BB device, so still working on getting things set up, but I think I'm keeping this phone for a while.
    09-17-11 11:22 AM
    Got mine love it and my devise is abit on the rough side (screen is not flush) but I don't care got insurance

09-17-11 11:52 AM
    sooo ive gotta say, ive had mine for a week and im officially addicted. i had the storms 1 & 2 and they both just were a mess but this beast is where its at! although i would like more apps and to download bbm music, im still just in LOVE with this device, typing is great and did i mention its superr fasttt. gets the job done!!
    Last edited by prettyorchid; 09-18-11 at 12:43 PM.
    09-18-11 12:40 PM
    I just got mine from Verizon in Cincinnati. Let's see if I can figure it out - took me a while to figure out my Tour when I got it two years ago!
    09-18-11 01:56 PM
    Bold is coming in the mail tomorrow, but I won't be around...ahhhh!
    09-18-11 02:25 PM
730 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD