Sign up online then just log in rather than create an account on the handset, I had to do this earlier, see how you go

BlackBerry - BlackBerry ID
    proof2006 likes this.
    08-24-11 05:53 PM
    I realise the link is for BB ID but app world now uses that
    08-24-11 05:54 PM
    [QUOTE=BB.David;6589162]Love my new phone:

How comes that the other tabs ( favorite,...) are not shown in this photo?
    08-24-11 06:00 PM
    He's probably turned off all the other tabs, new for BB OS7
    08-24-11 06:07 PM
    This is really a fantastic feature. Thanks
    08-24-11 06:10 PM
    My first impressions:
    Good - design, touch screen AND kb, OS7
    Bad - i think i got a dud battery, dies within 6 hours with no big apps opened (maps, fb, etc). I've also been experiencing random lag from time to time and I haven't been able to access the BB App World either, anyone else having this problem??

Other than that, this thing is a beast.

ALSO - went to VZW and reported my battery problem for the second time after realizing the battery is prob a dud, they ordered me a replacement free of charge with 2nd day shipping. $40 in my pocket =)
    08-24-11 06:14 PM
    Sign up online then just log in rather than create an account on the handset, I had to do this earlier, see how you go

BlackBerry - BlackBerry ID
    Not the real solution to this particular problem, but this helped. BB ID wasn't the problem. I had to use the online version of appworld on my computer, and then download and app and agree to the terms from my computer. now it works on my phone.
    08-24-11 06:53 PM
    Well I picked up my new Bold 9900 from FEDEX this morning here in Auckland, NZ.

Have to say it is awesome, not sure what everyone is ******** about when it comes to this new generation Bold. Screen is beautiful, nice and sharp. I put my sim card in and away she went and it hasnt missed a beat. Got BB Messenger going nicely and all my emails are set up and running fine.

I absolutely love how light it is. Even the charging cord is heavier than the phone

Someone said Whatsapp wasnt working on their Bold but mine is installed and working like a dream.

The touch screen is great and the big keyboard is a dream.

Bottom line I have to say that after using the original Bolds, Curves, Storm for about a week and then the Torch this is the BEST device RIM have made. Company may be run by an arrogant ***** and they dont always listen to the customers but in this case I have to say they got it right.

So overall the Bold 9900 is excellent. I travel a lot so will see how it stands up to spending more time out of its home country than in it

Cheers

Ned
    Kia Kaha Media
    08-24-11 07:52 PM
    I just got mine today. Could not resist. I do float back and forth from BB to non BB...it's the QWERTY that brings me back.
    Must say the screen, keyboard, and design are the best I've seen on any BB device. Rightfully so, this should be their flagship for the time being until the Colt with QNX is launched in Q1 2012.
    I hope to share more impressions and comments in the near future.
    Cheers.
    08-24-11 08:30 PM
    Ok, I've had the phone for the day so I thought I would post my impressions up.

First of all I love the touchscreen. Its a great time saver if your scrolling, or hitting a option but its small enough that I feel like I don"t have to use it as my primary source of navagation.

The keyboard is so much better than the Curve 8330's keyboard. So much bigger, it has a soft feel while typing on it yet it still maintains a slight click that makes it easer for me to type.

The camera isn't great but better than my Curve's so I'm happy.

My only problem is that the convenience key doesn't work but I think it might be software because when I type on the keyboard and try it it it works although it could be a coincidence.(Plese tell me if im wrong here)

Overall this is the perfect device for me and overall I am happy.
    08-24-11 10:19 PM
    Ok I must confess I have posted in here before but I have to come back people. I have not had a phone that I have loved as much as this for a very long long long time. The last phone I had that was this exciting was a Samsung i730 if you care to google that monstrosity.

Thank you RIM, thank you!
    08-24-11 11:46 PM
    I've had my 9900 since yesterday on O2 and i'm pretty chuffed with it.
    Just gotta wait for more apps to be ported across and hopefully some new apps will be created now it has the hardware inside!
    most impressed with the browsing and keyboard, touch screen works lovely too.
    I can't beleive i got my phone free on �27 per month contract either, its upto �37 now on the O2 website! love it lol
    08-25-11 04:49 AM
    Finallly got it but STILL CAN'T OPEN THE BACK.
    08-25-11 04:57 AM
    Finallly got it but STILL CAN'T OPEN THE BACK.
    Me too! I still have to use an old driver's license to pry it open whenever I do an OS upgrade (2 upgrades in a week since I've had it!).
    08-25-11 06:19 AM
    The phone is lovely although I have to get used to what a fatty it is. My old phone HTC hero seem so slim! Pwhorr but it's super light though which is a bonus
    08-25-11 06:21 AM
    I got mine yesterday while at work ... it was a very unproductive day to say the least! I love my new 9900.
    08-25-11 07:05 AM
    Hey guys...!

I just got my BB yesterday.

I had been using an android since I gave up my 9700 a year ago..

My question is: Is everyone else's keyboard clicking loudly when they type? Is it just my device? I don't remember if my old 9000 use to click this much. That was so long ago but I know my 9700 didn't click.

So is it just my device or do these buttons click and clack with every touch??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 08:48 AM
    You're holding it wrong.
    08-25-11 08:54 AM
    Hey guys...!

I just got my BB yesterday.

I had been using an android since I gave up my 9700 a year ago..

My question is: Is everyone else's keyboard clicking loudly when they type? Is it just my device? I don't remember if my old 9000 use to click this much. That was so long ago but I know my 9700 didn't click.

So is it just my device or do these buttons click and clack with every touch??

I don't think it's that loud, but then again I haven't had a keyboard phone in AGES so actually can't remember if they are suppose to make a bit of clicky sound really.

Edit : - Just gotta say. Sent a lonnng text and I LOVE IT! ahahahahah. It's fabulous. No lag no nothing just amazing way to send texts and stuff
    Last edited by Babybananaa; 08-25-11 at 09:00 AM.
    08-25-11 08:57 AM
    Got mine yesterday, and it is everything i expected and hoped for!
    08-25-11 09:02 AM
    I just got mine today. Could not resist. I do float back and forth from BB to non BB...it's the QWERTY that brings me back.
    Must say the screen, keyboard, and design are the best I've seen on any BB device. Rightfully so, this should be their flagship for the time being until the Colt with QNX is launched in Q1 2012.
    I hope to share more impressions and comments in the near future.
    Cheers.
    I'm so glad I'm not the only person who "floats back and forth from BB to non BB". I love my 9930 (and plan to stick with it).
    08-25-11 09:12 AM
    Just ordered my 9930! Woo! Now just gotta wait for it to ship. Should be here tomorrow!

08-25-11 10:05 AM
    Oh managed to access app world via the website and it's amazing. The whole thing is amazing. I love this phone SO much. Definitely one of my best buys in a long long time Dare I say for me it's better than Android?
    08-25-11 10:48 AM
    First one this morning at my local Verizon store. Went in, played with it for 10 minutes, and was set on getting it. My VZW rep was shocked that I was getting rid of my iPhone for the BB, and the first thing she said but theres no apps. I just smiled and waved it off, thank goodness she was cute
    08-25-11 11:09 AM
    I got my BB 9930 (Sprint) a couple of days ago. This phone has met and exceeded all expectations. I love it! Keyboard is awesome, the screen is nice, its fast, touch feature is flawless. I have no complaints so far. Only thing that would make it perfect is flash support. Oh well. Question...how do I compose an MMS text now? The option to create one is now missing.

08-25-11 12:54 PM
730 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD