Got my Bold 9930 last Wednesday. Have enjoyed every minute since I got it. A HUGE step up from the Storm 2
    09-18-11 05:34 PM
    Its been a few weeks since I got my Bold, and its still kickin ***. It really IS a huge step up from the Storm 2. I loved the storm and at first I was looking forward to the Torch 9850, it being an all touch. But once I found out it wasn't gonna have the SurePress technology I was leaning toward the Bold. In the military and this phone meets all my needs. I can respond to messages quickly and the customizable sound profile keeps the phone quiet when I'm in formation or in a meeting. STILL waiting on an update to BB theme studio for customizable themes, but all in all this phone is awesome and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves BB!! Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-11 05:57 PM
    new here and first time owning a blackberry bold(9900)
    still learning how to use it but from what i've been learning here
    and from a couple buddies iam very satisfied
    09-18-11 10:53 PM
    Defected for a few months to an Android phone (Atrix 4G) but was willing to pay an early termination fee to get back to BlackBerry. AT&T's loses a customer due to their lack of 9900, and Verizon wins.
    09-18-11 11:40 PM
    Happy, once again. Returned faulty 9930 for another one, so officially, I got my phone, again.
    09-19-11 10:38 AM
    Bold 9900 and 16GB Playbook Goodness.
    Does it get any better???
    09-19-11 01:36 PM
    My "accept" button has a different "feeling" when pressed than the reject button. Is that the same to you? The accept ones is like more "touchy" while the reject "clicks" more as a button, similar to the rest of the keyboard .. Is your like that?
    Anyone?????
    09-19-11 02:51 PM
    Walked into Rogers today to have a coffee with a friend that works there. Had an iPhone 4 in my pocket. Walked out with a Bold 9900 and man is this phone SWEET!!!!

iOS was fun for a couple of months but damn am I happy to be back on a BlackBerry!!!
    YourMobileGuru and Zudeo like this.
    09-19-11 08:15 PM
    Walked into Rogers today to have a coffee with a friend that works there. Had an iPhone 4 in my pocket. Walked out with a Bold 9900 and man is this phone SWEET!!!!

iOS was fun for a couple of months but damn am I happy to be back on a BlackBerry!!!
    I was in the same boat. I thought about what phone I really wanted and after having the iPhone 4 I wanted something with exceptional build quality. As much as I like the idea of Microsoft's Windows Phone 7, the hardware is outdated and they all feel so cheap. Same thing goes for Android actually. Plus after using an iPhone for the past 3 years I've been spoiled by the GPU accelerated OS.

Using any of these Android phones reminds me of my old HTC S621/T-Mobile Dash:
    You can customize the **** out of it, overclock it, tweak the UI run emulators on it and all that stuff, but at the end of the day it's a clunky operating system that performs like garbage due to the lack of GPU-Assist/Liquid Graphics.

This is my first BlackBerry.

I've had the 8700g for a bit but no BIS account so I loved the idea of it, but without having BIS you can only play so much BrickBreaker before you get bored. I wanted the Bold 9000 but I couldn't wait for RIM's late (in comparison to the iPhone) release date.

Long story short (i tried...honest), I'm pleased with my choice to go with RIM. The Rogers reps thought I was bat**** crazy but forget em.

RIM will be around to stay. 38% marketplace says it all.
    YourMobileGuru and Cozmik like this.
    09-20-11 09:46 PM
    I went to sprint last Friday to pick one up but they were sold out. Went to a flagship store and it was packed. 30-45 min wait. Couldn't wait as I had another obligation. Going to try again this Friday after work. So anxious, you don't even know! Currently using 9650
    09-20-11 11:54 PM
    I got my 9900 finally last night! Felt awesome! Took me few hours to set it up completely....Surely a step forward from 9700 and still trying to bring out hidden goodies.... Overall touch does add some nice feel and the browser is awesome! Its fast but yea battery is a let down maybe future OS updates wud enhance it as I am keeping social activities to minimum on it!
    I feel OS 7 could use lot of gestures if BB decides to play with it even in case QNX is coming later still they have time to validate some features on this OS!!
    09-21-11 02:23 AM
    I was in the same boat. I thought about what phone I really wanted and after having the iPhone 4 I wanted something with exceptional build quality. As much as I like the idea of Microsoft's Windows Phone 7, the hardware is outdated and they all feel so cheap. Same thing goes for Android actually. Plus after using an iPhone for the past 3 years I've been spoiled by the GPU accelerated OS.

Using any of these Android phones reminds me of my old HTC S621/T-Mobile Dash:
    You can customize the **** out of it, overclock it, tweak the UI run emulators on it and all that stuff, but at the end of the day it's a clunky operating system that performs like garbage due to the lack of GPU-Assist/Liquid Graphics.

This is my first BlackBerry.

I've had the 8700g for a bit but no BIS account so I loved the idea of it, but without having BIS you can only play so much BrickBreaker before you get bored. I wanted the Bold 9000 but I couldn't wait for RIM's late (in comparison to the iPhone) release date.

Long story short (i tried...honest), I'm pleased with my choice to go with RIM. The Rogers reps thought I was bat**** crazy but forget em.

RIM will be around to stay. 38% marketplace says it all.
    My big debate was between the Torch 9860 and the Bold 9900. I had them both in my hand. The Torch was beautiful, nice big screen, a god virtual keyboard, well balanced and ergonomic. But the Bold...with the stainless steel bezel and that keyboard!!! I had to have it. My previous favorite phone was the Bold 9000 and this new one just blew it away.

As for my Rogers people, everyone in the store had a BB so I fit right in...when I left with one.
    09-21-11 06:33 AM
    OK..... My LONG LONG wait is over! Yesterday I picked up my 9930 and I have to say one word............... AWESOME! All that I have read - all the reviews - all the video's....... they don't even give it justice..... I have never owned a BB before - and it is a HUGE change from what I have been using - in a GREAT way! I haven't even scratched the surface with this phone and will probably spend the next week burning out the battery learning!
    YourMobileGuru likes this.
    09-21-11 08:25 AM
    Just got mine today from Vodafone UK, upgrade from a Bold 9700 that I inherited from my partner 7 months ago, seems outstanding so far, I don't think theres a better business phone!
    Feels like a suped up version of the Nokia E72 I got a couple of years back which also had a lovely metal build!
    09-21-11 10:44 AM
    Bought my Blackberry today!!! Totally in love with it!!! very nice and writing in it is so great! Advise it to everyone o am saying that coming from Iphone and HTC Desire HD
    09-21-11 03:54 PM
    Ok - I have used it for an entire day - non stop - still have about 50% battery and am absolutely loving the phobe & this amazing keyboard!!!!! ZERO complaints so far!!

09-21-11 07:13 PM
    Got one the day before yesterday, but exchanged it yesterday due to screen and convenience key problems. The replacement works great. Also equiped it with OtterBox Commuter + 9000 belt case
    09-21-11 08:59 PM
    In love wit my new bold..been had mine for a month now..just got the softshell skin for it..i just cant stop looking @ it..definitely a crackberry head over here lol
    09-21-11 09:07 PM
    .. no regrets..
    09-24-11 04:27 AM
    One week and this phone still impresses.. I love it to death and need my otterbox to arrive, as I still have the wrappings on to protect it haha..

09-24-11 06:24 AM
    Great, fast phone - sound quality better and only problem is my learning curve of OS7. Waiting on Theme Builder and iGrip Holder.

Did notice autotext "sig" didn't work even though I had completed the Personal info, so I just typed in my signature.

Would like to be able to create folders in Favorite pane or make a Folder elsewhere a favoite?

09-24-11 08:27 AM
    Great, fast phone - sound quality better and only problem is my learning curve of OS7. Waiting on Theme Builder and iGrip Holder.

Did notice autotext "sig" didn't work even though I had completed the Personal info, so I just typed in my signature.

Would like to be able to create folders in Favorite pane or make a Folder elsewhere a favoite?

Go to Words Substitution under Options and create a new sub word called "sig" and now enter what ever you like. You can make whatever you like... for example, I have usig for all my university signatures and I have esig for emails and I have tsig for any text that need to send with my name.
    09-25-11 10:28 PM
    100% satisfied. A fantastic device.
    09-28-11 10:01 PM
    I was showing mine to my AT&T rep yesterday and she was practically dueling ;-)
    09-29-11 12:17 AM
    just got mine 3 days used, very nice,fast phone ,overall is more than i expected
    battery is not so bad cause i always got 2g more than 3g ,camera is good enough for me,screen resolution is great,wider screen than my old,good key board ,still get loading watch when downloading app but not too much
    so much happy with my bold now
    09-29-11 01:33 AM
730 ... 2627282930
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD