Just got mine today. Coming from an EVO.
    Looks pretty damn good so far. Huge upgrade from the last BB i used. A 9630 Tour.
    I just have to get used to the smaller screen which is actually really freakin nice! And thats with the factory protective cover still on!
    Will report more later as its a bit tough to mess around with while at work :+)
    09-09-11 02:55 PM
    I think HSPA+ is called 3.5 G in some places.
    Yeah probably most places outside the US as you all are not as gullible as most American consumers are.
    09-09-11 05:11 PM
    It's just marketing. AT&T and T-Mobile incorrectly label any device that supports HSPA+ as 4G. Only LTE and WiMax are TRUE 4G and there are no LTE or WiMax Blackberies so you aren't missing anything.
    Tell that to the ITU.

ITU redefines 4G to include LTE, WiMAX and HSPA+
    09-09-11 05:28 PM
    Well last time i checked the 9900 for tmobile can acquire up to 14mb/s i hit over 1.2mb/s downloading a 9mb pdf file. It downloaded in seconds. I forgot where I read I'll try and find the source, but Tmobile's 9900 is the only blackberry with 4G thats why it cost so much more then the other carriers.
    That's incorrect. They can call it what they want, but HSPA+ is NOT a true 4G technology. It's a firmware upgrade for their existing 3G towers. ONLY LTE and WiMax are True 4G (4th Generation high speed data) networks because they are the ONLY ones to build a NEW network.
    09-09-11 06:01 PM
    And the ONLY reason they did that was because the big carriers lobbied and paid them off. Doesn't change a thing.
    09-09-11 06:04 PM
    And the ONLY reason they did that was because the big carriers lobbied and paid them off. Doesn't change a thing.
    Welcome to the real world...

09-09-11 06:35 PM
    Hello all, new to BB & decided to check out Crackberry for the latest BB updates. Tested the 9930 at a VZW store & fell in love. Have had my bold a little over a week now & I absolutely love it. The touchscreen is amazing and the keyboard is the best I've ever used. So glad I waited for this phone!
    09-09-11 11:32 PM
    Welcome to the real world...

Isn't that a line from a movie?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 12:57 AM
    I am also missing the leather back cover that my 9700 had
    09-10-11 03:46 AM
    I love my 9900! Feels and looks awesome. Only issue is that I ordered it on 9/2 and got it on 9/6. Played with it the entire time until the morning of 9/9. That's when I got a JVM Error 517. Tmo told me that this code means a defective phone. They sent me another one but I won't get it until 9/12. Other than that, I still love my 9900!

09-10-11 06:59 AM
    My 2 year old dropped my BB 9650 in a bucket of water, and let me say OMG! So I went to by an iphone to try something new wich I did. But something just wasn't rite without my blackberry. So my girlfriend has a torch on Att wich I really didn't like so much. But att said they no longer carry BB bolds in the stores anymore. So I checked out T-Mobile and played with thebold 9900! Let me just say! Wow.......This blows the iphone out of the water. I baught mine last night on a two year agreement. The phone is really pricey but worth the money. I love the keys on this bb. It is the best keyboard I have ever used on any device. Since I'm comeing from a touchscreen phone I really don't have a problem getting used to the screen. I'm a blackberry fan for life now. I'm loayal like a labrador retriever at a beach BBQ!

09-10-11 08:59 AM
    I've had mine for two days and loving it so far. First blackberry and I'm not disappointed. Still learning all the things so getting used to it still. Battery lasts a lot longer than my incredible also.
    09-10-11 02:20 PM
    Just moved back to Verizon yesterday, and I am just blown away by this phone. Knew right away I would opt for the 9930 over the Torch that VZ has. Great move on my part. This phone is just so sweet, I cannot put it down. I miss the faux leather back on my 9700, but this device is just a million times nicer in hand.
    09-10-11 03:25 PM
    Just got my Bold 9930 today, definitely an upgrade..! Coming from the Storm 2, everything is so much better and faster. Phone is light, slim, but solid at the same time. Took some time to get used to the keyboard, seeing as how I was coming from a storm...but its very easy to get used to. I picked it up and noon today, and by 2PM I was flying. Havent seen any quirks yet. Camera is very decent, even for not being auto focus, it takes very good pictures. If there was anything that I could complain about it would be dialing phone numbers. I think that RIM couldve thrown in a touch dialpad to make it a bit easier to dial numbers..but thats it...other than that the phone is a for sure win. Battery life is great as well! Hope I helped!
    09-11-11 12:33 AM
    The specs on some sites saying it has accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate.
    Does it really have 2 directions for the screen ???????
    09-11-11 03:53 AM
    The specs on some sites saying it has accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate.
    Does it really have 2 directions for the screen ???????
    Not in any app that I have tried. Home screen does not switch nor does Google Maps or Blackberry Maps two you would expect it to. It's possible that it is in the hardware but the software does not take advantage of it.
    09-11-11 11:47 AM
    The accelerometer is most likely activated for the games. I know in the unboxing video here on crackberry the accelerometer worked for the rollercoaster game! Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

09-11-11 01:30 PM
    I feel the same about the phone keypad...that may be the only b1tch I have with the phone. I too had a storm 2 and really liked that thing. Still do. But this 9930 is unbelievable!

Just got my Bold 9930 today, definitely an upgrade..! Coming from the Storm 2, everything is so much better and faster. Phone is light, slim, but solid at the same time. Took some time to get used to the keyboard, seeing as how I was coming from a storm...but its very easy to get used to. I picked it up and noon today, and by 2PM I was flying. Havent seen any quirks yet. Camera is very decent, even for not being auto focus, it takes very good pictures. If there was anything that I could complain about it would be dialing phone numbers. I think that RIM couldve thrown in a touch dialpad to make it a bit easier to dial numbers..but thats it...other than that the phone is a for sure win. Battery life is great as well! Hope I helped!
    09-11-11 08:17 PM
    While my BB 9900 may not be the fancy schmancy supercomputer that an iPhone 5 might be, I still absolutely love it due to the fact it does everyone I need it to (when I think hard about it) and does it WELL!

I had the BB 8520, 9300 and 9780 and I gotta say this is the best keyboard ever. It alone is enough for me to avoid touchscreen keyboards altogether. The lovely screen is a great improvement as well as the Liquid Graphics interface. I'm always trying to show this phone off to my colleagues at work and sometimes just pick it up randomly to look at its beauty.

Now I've found that sweetspot when it comes to settings and battery life as well as being equipped with a 16GB micro SD card for all my content and a charging pod for charging at night, I believe I've got the best phone I've ever had so far.

I was thinking to get the official hard case but now I'm not going to bother and ruin the lovely looks. I've got handset insurance atm. Only thing I need now is a privacy screen protector and I'm waiting for PhoneDevil to release one as I've used their products in the past and I'm really happy with them.
    09-12-11 09:45 AM
    Hello all, new to BB & decided to check out Crackberry for the latest BB updates. Tested the 9930 at a VZW store & fell in love. Have had my bold a little over a week now & I absolutely love it. The touchscreen is amazing and the keyboard is the best I've ever used. So glad I waited for this phone!
    yes, defiantly it was worth to wait for that great device... welcome to Crackberry, i'm sure you will find a lot of information here on the forums... and enjoy your new Blackberry 9930
    09-12-11 12:07 PM
    Just sold off my iPhone for this phone. It's completely amazing.
    muletrain likes this.
    09-13-11 09:47 AM
    Guess I'll throw my hat in the ring as well. Got my 9930 on Sunday. Now if I could only find a store that had a bunch of accessories in stock...
    09-13-11 12:36 PM
    I have had my BB Bold 9930 for a week now, and I must say I just love this phone!! I had a BB Bold 9650 and upgraded it to a BB Style. I had so many problems with that phone, but I was already out of my 30 day time frame. My husband tried the BB Style and he loved it, so I had him keep that one and am paying full price for the BB 9930, which I have up to 30 days to see if I like it. No problem with that I will be keeping this phone! Like reading about how everyone likes this phone, I haven't seen much rave on a certain phone.
    09-13-11 12:44 PM
    Bought my 9930 on 9/3. Phone is amazing. Never owned a true smartphone before and im very happy with my choice. Thanks to the Crackberry team AND memeber's for helping me make a great choice. I feel like im in a McDonalds commercial... im lovin it.
    09-13-11 12:46 PM
    I like.. best keyboard, very expansive and very cool, the touch is fine, a litle confused but very cool
    09-13-11 12:50 PM
730 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD