Checked out your video and one word...WOW. 4g on that phone is a beautiful marriage isn't it? Sitting here looking a bit green !
    09-07-11 10:26 PM
    I'm jealous I have the Sprint version and no 4g
    09-07-11 10:53 PM
    Wow 4G get out? I'm on sprint as well and this device isn't 4G. This phone is still a monster tho
    RobNyc likes this.
    09-07-11 10:56 PM
    I'm jealous I have the Sprint version and no 4g
    Wow 4G get out? I'm on sprint as well and this device isn't 4G. This phone is still a monster tho
    It's just marketing. AT&T and T-Mobile incorrectly label any device that supports HSPA+ as 4G. Only LTE and WiMax are TRUE 4G and there are no LTE or WiMax Blackberies so you aren't missing anything.

Go back to enjoying your new Berries
    Last edited by VZWRocka; 09-07-11 at 11:22 PM.
    RobNyc and m.seif like this.
    09-07-11 11:01 PM
    I should of switched to T-Mobile lol, but prob that 4G for T-Mobile is the actual 3G (Sprint/Verizon) have been using for a long time lol now.
    09-07-11 11:02 PM
    It's just marketing. AT&T and T-Mobile incorrectly label any device that supports HSPA+ as 4G. Only LTA and WiMax are TRUE 4G and there are no LTE or WiMax Blackberies so you aren't missing anything.

Yea I figured
    09-07-11 11:03 PM
    I should of switched to T-Mobile lol, but prob that 4G for T-Mobile is the actual 3G (Sprint/Verizon) have been using for a long time lol now.
    HSPA+ is just a firmware update to their 3G network HSPA. It's the equivalent to if Verizon and Sprint had upgraded to EVDO-B and called that 4G rather than actually building a new network from scratch.

Last year T-Mobile saw that Verizon was getting ready to launch their new 4G LTE network by the end of the year and said "crap, we are two years behind them on that" so they pressured the ITU to let them call HSPA+ 4G. AT&T saw that they got away with it and followed suit, but since they knew that that would not fool people long they accelerated the schedule for their true 4G (LTE) roll out and in light of the possible acquisition by AT&T T-Mobile cancelled theirs.
    RobNyc likes this.
    09-07-11 11:11 PM
    Just got my 9900 like I said I would,so rocking both the iPhone 4 and Blackberry Bold 9900. Great combo both thin phones. I missed the Bold 9000 form factor like I know many others did. It was my second ever Blackberry and definitely my favorite. glad it's back. I'm still ritical of RIM practices, but I love this new device. The only gripes so far is the trackpad is a little sometimey (yes I know it's not correct grammer but you get the point). after I use the touch screen then go back to the trackpad it's all over the place. This happened in the store too, but thought it was just the store model. My last gripe is the pricing it's really not competitively priced at 300 dollars. It's easy to bypass this and go to android or the iPhone if you don't already love RIM or know about them except what you read in the news as of late (all bad anyway). that's all great phone though.
    09-08-11 02:16 AM
    blackberry curve 8900 > bold 9700 > torch 9800 > and now bold 9900..this phone is the ultimate blackberry! been waiting for this since it got leaked out! lightning fast boot up, way better than 6.0. good job RIM..forever a loyal bb user!
    09-08-11 03:45 AM
    Received my 9900 just yesterday too, OS7 is perfect and really quick, however i wanted 9900 to be a little narrower (had a 9700 before) and a better holster to be in the case. When i put the device in the holster, the camera goes on and its annoying
    09-08-11 04:04 AM
    Received my 9900 just yesterday too, OS7 is perfect and really quick, however i wanted 9900 to be a little narrower (had a 9700 before) and a better holster to be in the case. When i put the device in the holster, the camera goes on and its annoying
    the holster still has a tight fit because it is still new, you just have to "break-in" the holster.
    09-08-11 04:38 AM
    the holster still has a tight fit because it is still new, you just have to "break-in" the holster.
    Its still really tight.. I was used to my 9700 holster!
    I also miss my OS5 BBM ringtone... Is there a download link?
    09-08-11 05:27 AM
    It's just marketing. AT&T and T-Mobile incorrectly label any device that supports HSPA+ as 4G. Only LTE and WiMax are TRUE 4G and there are no LTE or WiMax Blackberies so you aren't missing anything.

I think HSPA+ is called 3.5 G in some places.
    09-08-11 06:04 AM
    Got my 9930 last Saturday, picked it up from Best Buy for $199, $50 cheaper than getting direct from Verizon. First store was sold out, they searched around and found one in stock in a store 20 miles away so I went and got it.

Glad to see it beng sold out and that the Best Buy guy activating it for me was loving the phone and said he was going to switch back from his android phone to blackberry 9930 as they, in his words, finally have a new winner.

Phone is perfect for me. The transition from Storm 2 to Bold with Touch was seamless. I thought I'd miss the larger screen but soon realized when reading mail and blogs on the Storm I was always only reading the top half as my tumb was centered just where the trackpad is on the bold. Anyway I have the Playbook to view pictures, etc.

Glad to see RIM's stock rising.

T
    09-08-11 08:36 AM

Well last time i checked the 9900 for tmobile can acquire up to 14mb/s i hit over 1.2mb/s downloading a 9mb pdf file. It downloaded in seconds. I forgot where I read I'll try and find the source, but Tmobile's 9900 is the only blackberry with 4G thats why it cost so much more then the other carriers.
    09-08-11 11:59 AM
  16. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    been using the Bold 9900 for one month now ... also all over Europe and Asia .. flawless and simply AMAZING!!
    enzozenuni likes this.
    09-08-11 12:04 PM
    I have a lot of friends who have androids and iphones, and there all wanting to switch over after using my 9900. The price is keeping a lot of consumers away.
    09-08-11 12:06 PM
    where is the mic located on the phone?
    09-08-11 04:54 PM
    I finally got my 9900 from TMO, which I referred to as my Red Ryder BB gun (Christmas story reference). I ride Vespa scooters and this is like going from a 50cc to a 300cc scoot. Fast! The stuff that kind of sucked doesn't suck anymore. Loving it. Very classy looking device. Happy camper so far.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 05:51 PM
    ive had my 9930 for about a week and already having some pretty bad issues..hoping an exchange will fix it! i dont wanna lose hope in this phone! i love it! i started a new contract just to get it! touch screen AND a keyboard!!?
    09-09-11 12:36 AM
    where is the mic located on the phone?
    The mic is under the right aA-Key at the bottom! It's barely visible when you look straight onto the front.

09-09-11 06:13 AM
    Worried about GPS, nothing seems to help, never had " location issues" with my old BB curve.

09-09-11 08:08 AM
    Picked up my 9930 in-store on Tuesday. Haven't owned a bb since 2008. Since then I've used DROID, alias 2, iphone and windows 7 phones. I like this phone alot so far but I'm still customizing it to my taste. Its different, in a good way, than the phones I had. It feels like a quality device.

09-09-11 11:03 AM
    Bought it at full price, but still kinda iffy about it.
    09-09-11 11:37 AM
    a great phone....just got it for my wife...i will probably get mine from work in a few weeks...

easy set up...no issues...got it with a contract so the price of the phone was not bad...its much better than my 9700 in all aspects...

it bridged flawlessly with my PB...the speed was fantastic...i dont use tethering but not needed...i was able to watch youtube on my pb while being bridged without any lag..great really...this must be the greatest thing about the bridge..one data plan and i have the cheaper data plan on the new 9900 so i dont even get the full 14.4 mb per second...i only get half of it really but its ok...my wife is not so crazy about internet use so the 7.2 mb is good enough...
    the screen looks smooth and the touch screen is very helpful...most old apps are there although i couodnt find accu weather and for some reason BB protect doesnt appear in my app world..the new app world UI is also nice and it is nice that its release coincided with the release of BBOS7 ...the speed in general is much better...downloading is fast..apps download/install faster...the phone boots alot quicker than older models..gps/compass look like they are working just fine...cant wait till i try the wikitude...
    all in all a great phone and a nice upgrade...will hopefully get mine soon...it has been selling here like hot cakes...they just brought in the latest stock a day or 2 earlier...and it wont last long...i think my wife will convince a few if her friends to change to BBs as nothing can beat a bb messenger service where you can chat freely at one fixed cost...the only issues i can see arising from it is the battery use as it drained a bit too quickly for my taste and perhaps the app memory..oh and ofcourse i iwll know from my wife about the lack of auto focus once she tries to take a close up picture (any solution for it?)
    Last edited by saalnaz; 09-09-11 at 01:23 PM.
    09-09-11 01:16 PM
730 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD