Got mine

Sorry for using this device to post a pic. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-06-11 09:15 PM
    so i jus got my 9900 on tmobile and idk whats up with it. the signal is horrible i constantly lose 4g service and only get edge. any one know if theres a fix for this?
    09-06-11 09:27 PM
    Switched back from android . I've been on a real android kick sine the EVO 4G came out ..... But its nice to be back. Don't have nearly as many bbm contacts as before ( with all the iphones and droid users ) but if you see this phone and hold it its impossible to not fall in love with your blackberry again. I never thought I would be back....and here I am. Couldn't be happier
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    09-06-11 10:56 PM
    Just got my Bold today!!! soo awesome
    09-06-11 11:11 PM
    Switched back from android . I've been on a real android kick sine the EVO 4G came out ..... But its nice to be back. Don't have nearly as many bbm contacts as before ( with all the iphones and droid users ) but if you see this phone and hold it its impossible to not fall in love with your blackberry again. I never thought I would be back....and here I am. Couldn't be happier
    I def agree 100 percent with your post its a beast of a machine
    09-06-11 11:12 PM
    Well I got mine today and just got all things transferred. So far I love it. gonna have to buy a better case, for temp purposes i bought one of the tmobile cheapos and that is definately not gonna cut it.
    09-07-11 12:18 AM
    Got mine

Sorry for using this device to post a pic. Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Do not worry my friend, keep sending
    09-07-11 06:02 AM
    yay got mine in the mail today from Tmobile
    love it!! It's so fast!
    I have been using an unlocked torch so I was stuck on EDGE so this 4g speed is amazing to me lol

It is not a 4G phone, is it ??
    09-07-11 06:03 AM
    I went to a place named Volox cellular. Prior to this, I went to many various different local unlocked cellphone stores (the ones in Chinatown, Time square...etc). I didn't purchase anything until Yesterday because I want an unlocked /unbranded 9900. All the other places wanted to sell me Rogers unlocked 9900 - Just couldn't stand the ugly logo and I didn't want to go through the hassel of installing traditional chinese font or any others on the device

At first it felt really sketchy since they don't really have a store front and was cramped in a tiny space on the 9th floor of 315 Fifth avenue (on 32 street), The store is owned by two indian guys and one chinese girl who turned out to be the most helpful and knowledgeable BB seller i've encountered. There were three other customers in front of me who all got the 9900 unlocked/ unbranded version.
    They claim that they get their blackberry stocks directly from RIM - and once I got my hand on the 9900, I knew they were telling the truth. NFC, Multi language display - everything is already built in and working, I instantly got H+ network with my AT&T sim card

The price of the phone is now $795 (They take cash only - don't charge tax) and you can buy a 1 year factory warranty for 75 bucks covered by RIM.

I've used branded blackberry from Sprint, T mobile, and AT&T. I am pretty good at unlocking and getting the newest OS with multi language update input, but it seem that by doing so the blackberry just freezes a lot. Im glad i made the investment and got a factory unlocked blackberry -
    BEST i've ever had.

Hope this thread helps
    Will update with battery performance later on.
    Last edited by angggboo; 09-07-11 at 08:26 AM.
    09-07-11 08:18 AM
    It is not a 4G phone, is it ??
    its a 4G phone.
    09-07-11 08:26 AM
    I got it today. speed is really good, I have thousands of emails and scrolling is superb.

it is worth to upgrade it.

Till new version is coming, why not feel the speed and enjoy 8GB on motherboard.
    09-07-11 09:20 AM
    I got my 9900 yesterday and upgraded from a Storm 2. My carrier, Vodacom allowed me to do an earlier upgrade and my word am I glad.
    This is chalk and old mouldy, mouse nibbled cheese, worlds apart from the Storm. Its really fast, the hourglass is non existent except when installing apps. the combo touch and keybaord is a dream esp coming from a full touch fone. I am glad i did the upgrade. So far the battery charged ovenight and with medium use, calls and downloads and emails, after 11.5 hours is at apporx 26% left. At this point i would have charged the Storm twice.
    09-07-11 11:33 AM
    love my new larger Bold.
    Last edited by lovmy9900; 09-07-11 at 02:45 PM.
    09-07-11 01:38 PM
    I just took delivery of a brand new 9930. Man, I'm hoping this thing is a better phone than that pile of junk Storm 2.

Looking forward to spending the evening learning the new machine.
    09-07-11 03:37 PM
    WTH! So today I went to my "local" VZ store, it's about 25 miles for me. Upon arriving I was glad that I was allowed to play around with the BB for a good long while. I have to say I really like the phone, but after talking to the employees, I am a bit concerned: 1. They have not sold a single one at my local store. 2. Besides them being clueless on the device, they pretty much were nonchalant and uninterested in selling me one. They did not steer me into an iPhone or Android phone, but just stated that "it maybe wise to wait a bit longer before buying this model".

I was a bit annoyed as they would not give more details and what store do you know that would be just kissing a full retail sale? Any of you guys/gals experience anything similar? I made it a point to let them know I was not interested in any of the Droids or iPhones. I told them I was fully aware that they were launching their 9 month old Bionic tomorrow and was very sure I was not interested. Have you all seen the amount of bloatware on those devices? PAGES!
    09-07-11 05:11 PM
    its a 4G phone.
    Not sure where you are and it may very well be 4g in your area but in the States all of the 9900s and 9930s are only 3G.
    09-07-11 05:13 PM
    Just brought my new baby home. Awesome device! Just ordered otter box commuter case. Can't wait!...anyone know how to lock the screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 06:19 PM
    just see at top, there is an metal push.
    09-07-11 06:22 PM
    Played around with a 9850 for about two weeks and couldn't get used to the touch screen experience. What can I say I'm a die hard keyboard blackberry fan!

The 9930 is amazing! Can't put this thing down!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-07-11 06:43 PM
    Not sure where you are and it may very well be 4g in your area but in the States all of the 9900s and 9930s are only 3G.
    Mine is a 4G

mud314 and emirozmen like this.
    09-07-11 07:07 PM
    Mine is a 4G

Sweetness! How is the battery life for that bad boy/girl on 4G? I cannot imagine how awesome that must be, being that the 99xx is already a fast phone. With being 4G would just be fill in your fave positive adjective here, ya know.

Thanks for sharing the goodness
    09-07-11 07:46 PM
    You guys know how to get back the compass after a full wipe?
    09-07-11 07:53 PM
    Well as far as battery goes I went from discharge at 7am-11pm and being at 20% I felt that something really was off so I went and got a battery replacement today. I'll let you guys know how it goes tomorrow. For some video sample check it out here on how fast the 4G runs you'll see it load pics from google in matter of a second. I also downloaded the PDF User's manual today at 1.2mb/s on the 4G network.

Bold9900 on Vimeo
    mud314 likes this.
    09-07-11 07:55 PM
    Also if you wanna see more pics of the phone, you can go here I posted up a link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...photos-647173/
    09-07-11 07:57 PM
    Just got home from getting my 9900!

Don't recall how many I've owned... Just about every one T-Mobile has offered the past few years. I just sold my HTC Sensation to get this 9900. Boy, I don't think I'll be missing Android and the numerous problems I encountered!

For the past few years I've jumped from Blackberry to Android and every time I go back to a BB I realize how much I miss having a damn keyboard!

Anywho, I'm glad to be back...
    09-07-11 08:23 PM
730 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD