Just picked mine up at the AT&T store by me... oh wait... no I didn't.
    09-01-11 12:35 PM
    Just ordered the 9930 this morning and it should be here tomorrow!! I'll be sure to post my first thoughts of it, pretty sure its gonna be awesome. Was a at&t customer and got over them real quick haha
    09-01-11 01:10 PM
    I picked mine up at the T-Mobile store last night and I'm LOVING it. The keyboard and screen are just amazing. Switch was pretty painless too using the desktop manager. I unchecked third party devices and have been reloading them from App World. I tried to order a pouch case, but they seem to be sold out everywhere. I stopped in another T-Mobile store today to get a case and the rep told me they had sold out their supply.
    Two big thumbs up to RIM and T-Mobile
    09-01-11 05:04 PM
    Got my phone setting it up right now . I'll post my thoughts in a while if anyone cares haha . Excited. This phone feels so nice.
    09-01-11 05:59 PM

I got mine yesterday, but there was a problem with my unlock code and data plan. Got everything fixed today and I'm loving it so far. This is my first ever Blackberry so I'm learning a lot about the ins and outs of BBos in general and BB7 in particular.
    09-01-11 06:26 PM
    Ordered mine today.. will probably be here by saturday
    09-01-11 07:09 PM
    damn, i missed the boat, been waiting on this for months, called T Mobile, they say they are still testing it etc... better get out to the stores in the morning... here i come, been using crappy nokia 6700 for a month since my BB 9700 just went dead after 2.5 years! can't wait...
    09-01-11 07:35 PM
    damn, i missed the boat, been waiting on this for months, called T Mobile, they say they are still testing it etc... better get out to the stores in the morning... here i come, been using crappy nokia 6700 for a month since my BB 9700 just went dead after 2.5 years! can't wait...
    Hahaa tell me about sucky phones.. I lost my 9700 about 3 weeks ago and have been using a stoneage 8300... Bro, before you go straight to the stores, you might wanna checkout Letstalk.com or wirefly... bought mine today from wirefly
    09-01-11 07:42 PM
    Got mine a week ago. I'm thoroughly impressed with the phone! Battery life is hurting, but for extended sessions, I'm using a battery pack (long bus rides)
    09-02-11 12:58 AM
    got mine from Vodafone Germany yesterday, as a contract extension (129 Euro for the phone)
    Of course, they screwed up my plan, removed the BES option, but that got sorted pretty quick.

Other than that - the 9900 feels solid and about twice as big as the 9700, but that's perfectly fine.
    I just wish I could find the tethering option, but I guess Vodafone doesn't allow in (although my plan does).
    Not sure how battery life is going to be, but as long as I get a day out, I'll do.

Most interesting, I always thought the touch screen would really make a difference, but so far, I didn't use it at all. But I believe it will help zooming into websites or images...
    09-02-11 02:57 AM
    got it and very impressed so far , i have just come from the torch which i thought was brill however cant be bothered waiting on 9810 ,no release date yet !!!
    very clean crisp screen and a lot faster
    well chuffed
    09-02-11 03:30 AM
    I have my 9930 for about 2 weeks now....still loving it!

Coming from the Storm 2, I really like user interface. Between the Touch Screen and thh track pad there is a lot of 'choice' as to how to get things done.

Battery life: Excellent! I run just under 2 days on a full charge with moderate use (4-6 calls per hour on Bluetooth ONLY, texting all day, file searches). I don't use this for music or games.
    I turn it OFF at night...no reason to leave it on if I'm not going to answer it.

The micro SD will not be recognized. I did the Format as Verizon instructed, but still no luck. Not a dealbreaker...I wouldn't bring it back or even RE-LOAD my software but It would be nice to get it working.

The Sound quality in my Bluetooth is definitely not as good as it was with the Storm2. I find myself working much harder to understand what is being said.

They did fix the text editing issues (the storm2 was impossible to position the cursor for editing).

I like that they changed the terminology from 'SMS' to 'TEXT'. Nice little touch.

I am surprised (and at the same time NOT surprised because its RIM) that they brought out a new phone (9930) in the year 2011 that is NOT 4G. Once again, RIM makes a great product that is late to the party and missing a few key ingredients to be a Leader.
    09-02-11 06:28 AM
    Okay, so I don't have a 9930 yet, but I didn't want to start a new thread, so I thought I'd post this here.

I went to the VZW store yesterday to pick up a Bold to replace my Droid Incredible. I liked Android, but I'm kind of done with it and really miss having a Blackberry and especially the BB keyboard. Verizon didn't have any 9930's in stock (I live in rural Illinois), so I didn't pull the trigger. Now it's a day later and I'm second guessing myself. Even though I had a Curve for years and loved it, my last RIM experience was the Storm, so I think everyone can understand why I switched to Android. After not being able to get the Bold yesterday I'm a little nervous about jumping back on the BB bandwagon.

Can someone talk me off the ledge?
    09-02-11 06:55 AM
    Speechless. Can't believe I've bought it few hours back. Its still charging though. Love it! Hopefully I won't face any battery issues. Cheers all!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-02-11 07:40 AM
    got my 9330 yesterday, loving it so far, worthy upgrade from 9650

09-02-11 07:45 AM
    Solid phone with a 6 hours, at best, battery life ?
    I start to get the feeling that you guys turned off 3G, disconnected the unit from any push services and put the display brightness at 0.
    If RIM can keep pumping out phones like these, they will have no problem...anymore because they are going to be out of business.

I don't get it: How can some people have such a super bad battery life and others don't ? I haven't installed any apps yet, so it is very unlikely that any third party app is responsible for the battery drain.
    Also interesting: My 9900 got pretty warm at some point, almost hot for no reason. I pulled the battery (which was a pain in the a.. because I also have the Otterbox Defender case) and after a restart, everything was back to normal. Weird.
    I'm quoting my own post, so people know what I'm talking about.

After fully charging my 9900 again over night, today the battery life has improved substantially: 30% less battery life capacity in...ta ta...7 hours. So I have to apologize to RIM for my earlier claims regarding the battery life, apparently it takes the 9900 a couple of charging cycles to get a normal battery life. Which is a little bit weird (such a huge difference) but now everything seems to be OK and I'm happy (with the battery life).
    09-02-11 08:16 AM
    Most interesting, I always thought the touch screen would really make a difference, but so far, I didn't use it at all. But I believe it will help zooming into websites or images...
    The touchscreen makes a difference but only if you are used to a touchscreen phone. My "main" phone is still the iPhone 4 for various reasons, I use the 9900 for testing and of course for emails. Writing emails and SMS using the 9900 works pretty well, for everything else I use the touchscreen.
    09-02-11 08:48 AM
    Okay, so I don't have a 9930 yet, but I didn't want to start a new thread, so I thought I'd post this here.

I went to the VZW store yesterday to pick up a Bold to replace my Droid Incredible. I liked Android, but I'm kind of done with it and really miss having a Blackberry and especially the BB keyboard. Verizon didn't have any 9930's in stock (I live in rural Illinois), so I didn't pull the trigger. Now it's a day later and I'm second guessing myself. Even though I had a Curve for years and loved it, my last RIM experience was the Storm, so I think everyone can understand why I switched to Android. After not being able to get the Bold yesterday I'm a little nervous about jumping back on the BB bandwagon.

Can someone talk me off the ledge?
    I'm still an avid Android guy (I own a Samsung Fascinate and a Nexus S) and I will tell you that I think the 9900/9930 is well worth it. Is BlackBerry OS7 a huge jump? Not by a long shot. But the vastly updated hardware, higher resolution screen, AMAZING keyboard and touchscreen make a huge difference. Despite the OS not changing much, it's a completely different BlackBerry experience IMO.
    Last edited by ChrisKerrigan; 09-02-11 at 10:55 AM.
    Mr.Girafales likes this.
    09-02-11 10:23 AM
    I'm still an avid Android guy (I own a Samsung Fascinate and a Nexus S) and I will tell you that I think the 9900/9930 is well worth it. Is BlackBerry OS7 a huge jump? Not by a long shot. But the vastly updated hardware, higher resolution screen, AMAZING keyboard and touchscreen make a huge difference. Despite the OS not changing much, it's a completely different BlackBerry experience IMO. asons, I use the 9900 asons, I use the 9900
    Awesome, thanks. I think I'll be heading to a store down the road after work.
    09-02-11 10:50 AM
    I got mine on t-mobile and really loving it! Works like a beast. Need to buy an extra battery though as I am a heavy user, wish battery life was a bit better. I'm on my seco
    09-02-11 10:51 AM
    Awesome, thanks. I think I'll be heading to a store down the road after work.
    Definitely give yourself a few minutes with a display device (assuming they have one) just to be sure it's something for you. I can't talk up and down all day about how great of a BlackBerry it is, but at the end of the day only you know what you're looking for.
    09-02-11 10:57 AM
    Just got off the phone with Tmo retention department and they are giving me the 9900 for $127. Phone will be here by 9/6.

09-02-11 11:08 AM
    Picked up a 9930 and enjoying it quite a bit. I love the universal search especially since its so fast. Browser is smooth with pinch and zoom and actually the entire OS is super smooth. I also really like the high res display, helps with reading small text. Nexus S going up on eBay.
    09-02-11 11:20 AM
    Someone handed me their new 9900 and I got to play with it, I love the formfactor and the touch screen is very responsive but the lettering and icons are a bit small for my liking. The keys are so easy to type on compared to older Bolds and Curve, I prefered the Curve keyboard because of its spacing for my thumbs.

If they release another similar 9900 a year later or the 9900 gets the QNX OS update, I may get one.
    09-02-11 12:55 PM
    sold my evo 3D on ebay, shipped it and got the 9930 yesterday! I love it! everything about it is perfect!
    suself likes this.
    09-02-11 01:16 PM
730 ... 1920212223 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD