I got my phone today, I am setting it up right now. I think I am in love
    08-31-11 01:31 PM
    I got my phone today, I am setting it up right now. I think I am in love
    Wait until you A. learn about the battery life and B. don't get a reception signal.
    Seriously: I understand any kind of enthusiasm but hey, this is another phone, not a Porsche.
    08-31-11 02:00 PM
    After having it for a full day and a half, this is easily the best phone ever put out by RIM and then some. I still also own an Android phone (Samsung Fascinate), and there are many times when the 9930 blows the Fascinate out of the water in terms of speed and reliability. I'm very impressed, it's very clear RIM put a lot of time and effort into it.
    08-31-11 02:02 PM
    I've had it for about 2 weeks now and it's such a solid phone. If RIM can keep pumping put phones like these then they will have no problem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 02:04 PM
    After having it for a full day and a half, this is easily the best phone ever put out by RIM and then some. I still also own an Android phone (Samsung Fascinate), and there are many times when the 9930 blows the Fascinate out of the water in terms of speed and reliability. I'm very impressed, it's very clear RIM put a lot of time and effort into it.
    I would rather compare the 9900 to the Galaxy S2 and compared to the Fascinate, the Galaxy S2 is a completely different beast. Just saying...compare the right phones, not Apples with Oranges.
    Btw: The Galaxy S2 is 480 EUR in Germany, the 9900 is 100 EUR more expensive. I'm not impressed at all with the 9900 but I like it. The battery life and the poor reception howevr are huge downsides though.
    Last edited by Rennteam; 08-31-11 at 02:22 PM.
    08-31-11 02:16 PM
    got this phone last night and is my fave bb so far!!!

having not had the original 900 bold, just the 9700 and 9780 i thought i wouldnt like the style,but the keyboard is amazing and the screen size is perfect. my battery is doing ok so far.

all in all really pleased i got this blackberry!

now just need a decent case
    08-31-11 02:17 PM
    I've had it for about 2 weeks now and it's such a solid phone. If RIM can keep pumping put phones like these then they will have no problem!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Solid phone with a 6 hours, at best, battery life ?
    I start to get the feeling that you guys turned off 3G, disconnected the unit from any push services and put the display brightness at 0.
    If RIM can keep pumping out phones like these, they will have no problem...anymore because they are going to be out of business.

I don't get it: How can some people have such a super bad battery life and others don't ? I haven't installed any apps yet, so it is very unlikely that any third party app is responsible for the battery drain.
    Also interesting: My 9900 got pretty warm at some point, almost hot for no reason. I pulled the battery (which was a pain in the a.. because I also have the Otterbox Defender case) and after a restart, everything was back to normal. Weird.
    08-31-11 02:20 PM
    I would rather compare the 9900 to the Galaxy S2 and compared to the Fascinate, the Galaxy S2 is a completely different beast. Just saying...compare the right phones, not Apples with Oranges.
    Btw: The Galaxy S2 is 480 EUR in Germany, the 9900 is 100 EUR more expensive. I'm not impressed at all with the 9900 but I like it. The battery life and the poor reception howevr are huge downsides though.
    Haven't had any issues with reception or battery life.

Also, aside from the slight 200mhz increase in processor speed, there really isn't a reason, aside from software, that would make one phone more superior in terms of speed capabilities over the other.

And I'm not running stock software on the Fascinate, for those wondering. Effff that.
    08-31-11 03:04 PM
    Right, they tried to deliver it today! I'm going to have to pick it up tomorrow evening I hope

A customer at work came in today and I saw he had a 9900, so I asked him about it and he let me have a play, I'm impressed by it, he's also a fellow CB user
    08-31-11 03:09 PM
    Picked up my 9900 at a T-Mobile store today!
    08-31-11 03:12 PM
    I haven't been this excited since the release date of Super Mario Brothers 3. I just got my Blackberry Bold 9900.... Hurray for the best advancement in the phone industry since Bell called Watson!
    08-31-11 03:51 PM
    I got my 9930. Best phone ever.
    08-31-11 04:09 PM
    Picked on up In London yesterday, love the phone..
    08-31-11 04:26 PM
    Is it not difficult to compare a mobile with a physical KB with one that does have that KB ?
    08-31-11 06:33 PM
    Have You experienced any problems getting new Bold in New York off the contract ? Especially at the Sprint ? I am currently in Oklahoma City and they have it here, but I'm going back to NY on friday and want to buy it there. Won't be able to use it fully till September 13th. What do You suggest ? Will they accept my warranty in NY if I buy it in OK ? Will use it in Europe. Didn't want to start a new thread.

I'm picking up this phone for sure, don't know which option is the best yet. thanks
    08-31-11 07:28 PM
    Got my 9900 almost 3 weeks ago. Got it early! Since then, it fell out of my car as I got out of it (forgot it was sitting on my lap while plugged into the AUX and using rdio) and the screen smashed into bits. Telus replaced it for me yesterday!
    08-31-11 07:56 PM
    Is it not difficult to compare a mobile with a physical KB with one that does have that KB ?
    I agree. Fundamentally you can't make this comparison because the 'raison d'�tre' for most people who use a BB is the QWERTY and the fact that it is an email 'Monster'.
    FYI, i have used the Samsung Galaxy S2. Very nice piece of tech. I just don't do very well for long with QWERTY-less device.

cheers,
    08-31-11 10:09 PM
    Just got my BB 9900 last week... been too busy to explore it much... transferred contacts from email (yahoo, gmail)... doesn't transfer contacts well with a Mac... what are the best apps for it?
    08-31-11 10:17 PM
    Just got my BB 9900 last week... been too busy to explore it much... transferred contacts from email (yahoo, gmail)... doesn't transfer contacts well with a Mac... what are the best apps for it?
    BlackBerry Desktop Manager with latest update works flawless. Search the RIM website for the download.
    08-31-11 10:20 PM
    I've had mine for a week now. The device switch over seemed seemless. Only to find the separate email icons I had for my hotmail and blackberry.rogers.net dissappeared. I've had to do many battery pulls/reboots. And then all of a sudden one day they were there. Then for a few days, I was having old emails sent to them??? WTH. But it seems to have settled down now.

Then there were the apps that haven't switched over to the OS7 and didn't work on 9900. Doesn't make sense to offer a new OS and half the apps aren't available to work on it. So had to delete a lot of downloaded apps.

The back door is really hard to remove. I have thin nails and broke many to try and pry it open for battery pulls. Finally found the cap of a regular Bic pen works perfectly to pry it open.

Losing auto focus on the camera is a big miss by RIM. Not sure I understand the reasoning for that.

EVERYTHING ELSE ROCKS!!

Super fast
    Great browsing speed
    Great keyboard. I like it much better then the 978o keyboard
    touch screen is amazing
    screen display is crystal clear!

Now all I need is new themes to be made for OS7 on the 9900 and one happy gal!
    08-31-11 10:35 PM
    wanted to get some genuine feedback from users before i made the switch.

i have been using the bold 9000 for a very long time. and when i say very long time i mean VERY (read: more than 2 years). i made the switch to the 9000 from a nokia and i must say that i have mixed feelings about a blackberry. while the design asthetics are definitely there, i wanted to make sure about a few things and whether it is worth the jump from my current 9000 to the 9900. i didn't hop onto the 9700 (which my gf was using for a while) because i just didn't feel the extreme need to do so. there are some things i like about the 9000 and while i do realise that there is going to be a huge jump to the 9900, i just don't want certain issues to be surfacing.

things i didn't like about my 9000:
    1) battery life. im using the original battery and it has not been too bad. while i understand that there is a huge jump from a nokia to a blackberry, my bold 9000 lasts me a day max with medium usage and it switched on to 2G mode 100% of the time. while i realise i am not getting the full 3G experience on it, i am resigned to this fact and would rather compensate that experience with more battery life.

2) the side buttons. the side buttons started to fail me around 8 months into having the phone. first was the right convenience key, then the volume and then it moved to the left convenience key. at present, none of my convenience keys are working but i can deal with that because i use quiklaunch (the only thing i can't adjust is the call volume)

3) memory drain. i usually have to restart my phone once a day and when i do, the battery drops a little. i would say i only have a mid amount of 3rd party apps on my phone and keep twitter turned on most of the time. memory usually dwindles to about 2MB then i have to restart it.

4) browsing. browsing has been alright for me i guess, since i dont watch youtube too much, but when i have to access some flash pages, it can be a bit of a pain because i can't do that on my bold 9000. other than that, browsing hasn't been too bad so far for me to complain much about it.

so having noted these nuances that i have with my phone, i wanted to know if it was worth the upgrade. i'd just pretty much like to have something with better battery life and something that wouldn't malfunction so much with the buttons. i loved the trackball and never had problems with it. just wondering how the 9900 will do with the trackpad and touchscreen and the stability of it as well as the OS. anybody?
    09-01-11 05:02 AM
    I've just got mine! First blackberry. Could someone answer me a couple of questions please?

1. Superscripted in the $ key is a volume icon. I can't seem to make this do anything. Does anyone know what it does?

2. Apparently the middle button between the up and down volume is supposed to be a ringer switch but it doesn't seem to do this, or in fact anything. Could someone also please explain what this does too?

Thanks!

-Rob
    Last edited by Mopatop; 09-01-11 at 06:08 AM. Reason: SPAG
    09-01-11 06:07 AM
    I've just got mine! First blackberry. Could someone answer me a couple of questions please?

1. Superscripted in the $ key is a volume icon. I can't seem to make this do anything. Does anyone know what it does?

2. Apparently the middle button between the up and down volume is supposed to be a ringer switch but it doesn't seem to do this, or in fact anything. Could someone also please explain what this does too?

Thanks!

-Rob
    1) That's a short cut for speaker phone when ur on a call.
    2) That should be a mute button.
    09-01-11 08:44 AM
    Love the keyboard on my BB 9900. Touchscreen is awesome. Things I wish it had were better apps, better browser and better camera. All of those things are for entertainment purposes only. Since I have only used BB's for the last 6-7 years, I doubt I would switch to a touchscreen only since the physical keyboard is what makes the phone for me. Email and text is not even close on the iphone and I know I would get used to it, but I know I would still hate not having a physical keyboard. Now I just need to learn what this phone is capable of doing.
    09-01-11 10:18 AM
    I got mine today!! Had to drive like **** and hot to the post office 10 minutes before they closed! Transferred my contacts, messages and calendar, everything else I can start from scratch with
    09-01-11 12:23 PM
730 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD